Would these work for 5.7?

Reloading info for the 5.7x28mm

Moderator: Grantness

BajaJames

Would these work for 5.7?

Post by BajaJames » 09 Jan 2017, 19:05

newer to reloading the 5.7 but has anyone tried these before?

http://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/pro ... ctId/73083" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Re: Would these work for 5.7?

Post by panzermk2 » 10 Jan 2017, 06:30

Not that I know of but for starters their OAL most likely with be to short and cause feeding issues.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

kmiles

Post by kmiles » 10 Jan 2017, 08:18

They appear to be of similar size and shape of the 35 gr. v-max. I have had mixed results with those shorter bullets. There should be some data in the reloading threads on the 35 gr. v-max, so that is where I would start. The shorter bullets tend to have more issues in the PS-90. I have run several hundred of the 35 gr. v-max through the FsN without a whole lot of issues, but there are better bullets for the platform, so I never bought more once my stock was depleted.

If you are looking for low cost bullets, keep an eye on midway as they often put the 40 gr. factory seconds polymer tips on sale. The last few boxes I have ordered have had the blue tip just like the SS197 rounds. They will often put them on sale for less than $10/100. They are $13.50 at the moment.

BajaJames

Post by BajaJames » 10 Jan 2017, 09:40

kmiles wrote:They appear to be of similar size and shape of the 35 gr. v-max. I have had mixed results with those shorter bullets. There should be some data in the reloading threads on the 35 gr. v-max, so that is where I would start. The shorter bullets tend to have more issues in the PS-90. I have run several hundred of the 35 gr. v-max through the FsN without a whole lot of issues, but there are better bullets for the platform, so I never bought more once my stock was depleted.

If you are looking for low cost bullets, keep an eye on midway as they often put the 40 gr. factory seconds polymer tips on sale. The last few boxes I have ordered have had the blue tip just like the SS197 rounds. They will often put them on sale for less than $10/100. They are $13.50 at the moment.
thank you for that info. I will keep an eye out.
I think I will pass on those other bullets for now.

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 11 Jan 2017, 05:27

FYI We sell 40gr Blue tip V-Max bullet from pull down ammo and the AE 40gr FMJ bullets. They have pull down marks but since they are from 5.7 ammo and have been glued in there is now crimp dents/marks.

http://www.eliteammunition.com/5-7x28-r ... s-224.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz