FiveSevenAmmo out of business?

General discussion.
Post Reply
TheGemini
Junior Member
Posts: 1
Joined: 18 Jun 2013, 20:04

FiveSevenAmmo out of business?

Post by TheGemini » 18 Jun 2013, 20:20

This guy just refuses to answer email. Does anyone know if he's out of business? He's sitting on a 7 month old order of mine that he's holding hostage to his cancellation policy

User avatar
Rapier1772
Global Moderator
Posts: 12446
Joined: 20 Aug 2008, 09:00
Location: American Falls, ID

Re: FiveSevenAmmo out of business?

Post by Rapier1772 » 19 Jun 2013, 00:31

There is another thread about that company & how hard it is to get refund or product from them
http://www.fivesevenforum.com/viewtopic ... 15&t=13203" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't know if they are still in business but from the looks of it, they will make good on it - eventually.
How to post pics & videos: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6363
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.

User avatar
grimmond
Gold Member
Posts: 485
Joined: 15 Dec 2012, 14:27
Location: Washington

Re: FiveSevenAmmo out of business?

Post by grimmond » 09 Aug 2014, 19:07

Rapier1772 wrote:There is another thread about that company & how hard it is to get refund or product from them
http://www.fivesevenforum.com/viewtopic ... 15&t=13203" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't know if they are still in business but from the looks of it, they will make good on it - eventually.
They will never make good on it. As of today I had noticed that they had SS195 listed as being available and on sale. I have been waiting on a back order from them for SS195 since December of 2012. I had sent them multiple emails inquiring as to the status of said order and was given a bull S*** answer every time stating that they didn't know when it would be in. Also of note is a BS policy that once you place your order, that they they will charge you a 25% restocking fee if you cancel before it ships. So if you order and it never shows and you call to cancel they still will get your money for absolutely nothing. I again sent a email to them inquiring to this huge issue and was given a simple reply email stating " your card was not charged". No other explanation or comments as to the order status was given. I sent another reply email asking for clarification as to what that meant. They responded with your order has been canceled and if you would still like the product you can create a new order for it. This is funny considering the issues I had with the first order and not receiving product, and the new price is almost $200 more.
"Let us never forget that good intelligence saves American lives and protects our freedom."
-Ronald Reagan

Oldbindlestiff
Gold Member
Posts: 389
Joined: 22 Apr 2011, 08:13
Location: Newport, TN

Re: FiveSevenAmmo out of business?

Post by Oldbindlestiff » 10 Aug 2014, 09:27

Unfortunately, this guy seems to have figured out that he can make a "clean" twenty-five percent PROFIT by never actually selling anything.

From the web page:

NOTE: Your order is a legal contract. If you are not serious about going through with the purchase, do not order!

:furious:
Karma. Serving up justice one a**hole at a time.

FNGuy
Junior Member
Posts: 72
Joined: 07 Jul 2014, 15:50

Re: FiveSevenAmmo out of business?

Post by FNGuy » 10 Aug 2014, 09:39

grimmond wrote:
Rapier1772 wrote:There is another thread about that company & how hard it is to get refund or product from them
http://www.fivesevenforum.com/viewtopic ... 15&t=13203" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't know if they are still in business but from the looks of it, they will make good on it - eventually.
This is funny considering the issues I had with the first order and not receiving product, and the new price is almost $200 more.
Cusious about that since the price of 5.7 ammo has been dropping steadily over the past month?

User avatar
Rapier1772
Global Moderator
Posts: 12446
Joined: 20 Aug 2008, 09:00
Location: American Falls, ID

Re: FiveSevenAmmo out of business?

Post by Rapier1772 » 10 Aug 2014, 10:02

Not here, when it is available the price has been pretty steady with exception of one store.
There is a LGS that is still charging a ridiculous price & the price has been increasing. That may change though, a Sportman's Warehouse has just opened in town & they stock 5.7 ammo. LGS is going to have to see that people won't pay $46 for a box of 197 anymore.
How to post pics & videos: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6363
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.

FNGuy
Junior Member
Posts: 72
Joined: 07 Jul 2014, 15:50

Re: FiveSevenAmmo out of business?

Post by FNGuy » 10 Aug 2014, 18:08

Rapier1772 wrote:Not here, when it is available the price has been pretty steady with exception of one store.
There is a LGS that is still charging a ridiculous price & the price has been increasing. That may change though, a Sportman's Warehouse has just opened in town & they stock 5.7 ammo. LGS is going to have to see that people won't pay $46 for a box of 197 anymore.
Jesus - you looking in the wrong pew. :skep: I bought a bunch of 197 a month ago for $23/box, and I've seen it for $22/box in the past week. :D

Buffman
Silver Member
Posts: 2905
Joined: 12 Jan 2009, 22:48
Location: SW Michigan
Contact:

Re: FiveSevenAmmo out of business?

Post by Buffman » 10 Aug 2014, 21:11

I know a guy offloading a ton of 5.7 ammo (factory and EA) if anyone is looking.

FNGuy
Junior Member
Posts: 72
Joined: 07 Jul 2014, 15:50

Re: FiveSevenAmmo out of business?

Post by FNGuy » 21 Sep 2014, 11:19

Why don't you post his info here - there's always a bunch of us looking and buying if the price is right - and prices have been dropping recently!

Buffman
Silver Member
Posts: 2905
Joined: 12 Jan 2009, 22:48
Location: SW Michigan
Contact:

Re: FiveSevenAmmo out of business?

Post by Buffman » 21 Sep 2014, 19:02

If you want to PM me that's fine. I don't like posting people's email addresses on open forums.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ahrefs and 2 guests