AMMUNITION CANNOT SHIP VIA.........

Elite Ammunition, makers of custom 5.7x28 ammunition.

Moderators: panzermk2, panzermk2wife

panzermk2wife
Forum Supporter

AMMUNITION CANNOT SHIP VIA.........

Post by panzermk2wife » 16 Jan 2014, 11:17

Right now I am too tired to go looking for the many threads on this so I got lazy and have created yet another one :facepalm:

WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!

AMMUNITION CANCELLATION WILL OCCUR IF:

The United States Postal Service (USPS) shipping option was chosen.

The ammunition in question immediately goes back into the inventory for purchasing.

These orders will be fully refunded after 11:30 a.m. the next available business day (Monday through Friday).

Due to the encryption Elite Ammunition has chosen to protect both EA and the customer we DO NOT see your entire credit card number. We ONLY see the last 4 digits so Elite Ammunition CANNOT add charges to the order nor can we add items to the current order.

It is in BIG BOLD RED LETTERS on each ammunition page and it is also at the bottom of the order email confirmation one receives after they have placed their order.

This has been a Federal Law since 1968

Will someone PLEASE suggest how I can make it any more plain and simple...... :wall: :wall: :wall:

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Re: AMMUNITION CANNOT SHIP VIA.........

Post by Rapier1772 » 16 Jan 2014, 12:31

You can't make it more simple but what I would do (if I had the skill) is make it so that if any ammunition is ordered & USPS is selected, it triggers a virus download (or sends them one with the "confirmation" email).
How to post pics & videos: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6363
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.

panzermk2wife
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2wife » 16 Jan 2014, 13:09

:lmao:
I am not that computer savy :)
Visit Us on FaceBook
https://www.facebook.com/EliteAmmunition5.7x28mm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Leave Us Feedback on the Forum
http://www.fivesevenforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=8630" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hebs

Post by Hebs » 24 Jan 2014, 11:33

Wouldn't removing the USPS shipping option from the website resolve this issue? Or am I missing something?

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 24 Jan 2014, 13:30

Hebs wrote:Wouldn't removing the USPS shipping option from the website resolve this issue? Or am I missing something?
Because of all the non ammunition items we have.

Customers pitch absolute fits not having the cheaper USPS option.

We had it removed for about a year and every single damn day I got at least on phone from someone complaining about having only FEDEX or UPS as their shipping options. My response was do you like getting your stuff? So we had to bring back the USPS option and funny thing, at least every 2 weeks they loose a shipment, BUT customers have the cheaper option.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

jpmanciniii

Post by jpmanciniii » 24 Jan 2014, 17:40

Wow, and I thought it was a bit repetitive how many times you all have it listed on the site. Some people just are one french fry short of a happy meal

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 24 Jan 2014, 18:29

jpmanciniii wrote:Some people just are one french fry short of a happy meal
You're giving them too much credit
How to post pics & videos: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6363
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.

panzermk2wife
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2wife » 26 Jan 2014, 23:02

jpmanciniii wrote:Wow, and I thought it was a bit repetitive how many times you all have it listed on the site. Some people just are one french fry short of a happy meal
:lmao:

My 8, 9 & 12 yr old kids get the concept. Not sure why some adults don't get it.

If I was a computer geek I would have one of those annoying popup windows show up every time they looked at one of the ammunition pages.

Although some people do it just to see if they can get away with it and get cheaper shipping.

Nope.....I catch it every single time

It's just like understanding I cannot add charges to someones card. I don't want to see the person's entire cc number. So I made sure to set my account up so I don't and so I can't be accused of charging for a product and then they claim they never got it. I had that happen one time and I said no more.

panzermk2wife
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2wife » 03 Feb 2014, 15:42

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:
I am not looking at another email until 9:00 A.M. tomorrow morning
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
Visit Us on FaceBook
https://www.facebook.com/EliteAmmunition5.7x28mm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.fivesevenforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=8630" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jpmanciniii

Post by jpmanciniii » 07 Feb 2014, 01:52

LOL

Scar_Shooter

Post by Scar_Shooter » 10 Feb 2014, 18:28

panzermk2wife wrote:Right now I am too tired to go looking for the many threads on this so I got lazy and have created yet another one :facepalm:

WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!

AMMUNITION CANCELLATION WILL OCCUR IF:

The United States Postal Service (USPS) shipping option was chosen.

The ammunition in question immediately goes back into the inventory for purchasing.

These orders will be fully refunded after 11:30 a.m. the next available business day (Monday through Friday).

Due to the encryption Elite Ammunition has chosen to protect both EA and the customer we DO NOT see your entire credit card number. We ONLY see the last 4 digits so Elite Ammunition CANNOT add charges to the order nor can we add items to the current order.

It is in BIG BOLD RED LETTERS on each ammunition page and it is also at the bottom of the order email confirmation one receives after they have placed their order.

This has been a Federal Law since 1968

Will someone PLEASE suggest how I can make it any more plain and simple...... :wall: :wall: :wall:
Hi Lisa,

Here are my suggested options and each will require funding, but should solve this issue for your company.

Option 1:
Your web designer could make UPS & FedEx the only available shipping options once ammo has been added to the cart & the customer selects checkout & has to choose a shipping method. If the USPS option is not available for the customer to select (once ammo is selected to the cart) the problem is solved.

Option 2:
If that doesn't work for you the next option is to not allow the checkout to complete until the customer unchecked the USPS shipping rates option and the correct carrier is selected. You could also add a warning pop-up message in bold red notifying the customer to correct before the checkout will complete.

Those are 2 options and either will work, but something has to change either way on your end or this will continue to be an issue. There will just always be those customers if you know what I mean & I think you do.

I have used your checkout process once and it was very straight forward with zero issues. The email updates were perfect, as well with the carrier tracking info. I did not purchase ammo at the time, as there was not any available 5.7 for me to order.

Hope that helps and I appreciate your products & look forward to shooting your EA ammo once supplies are back in stock.

panzermk2wife
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2wife » 03 Mar 2014, 19:17

Currently I wear the hat for the website. It's an extremely basic plug and play and I didn't need to write code for it.
The company that I use is always working on new options for those of us who have no idea how to write code. I am hoping one day they will finally create an option to where I could choose specific shipping option for products. So fingers crossed it will be before the next decade :)
Visit Us on FaceBook