Epic Movie Thread

General discussion.
User avatar
Rapier1772
Global Moderator
Posts: 12686
Joined: 20 Aug 2008, 09:00
Location: Kennewick, WA

Re: Epic Movie Thread

Post by Rapier1772 » 22 Jul 2013, 11:07

jgreenberg, I wouldn't put a red circle over any of them. And yes, I am speaking strictly about the characters portrayed as I do not know the people.
Kaylee > Athena > Inara > Six
On second thought, I might red circle Six - she was a bit of a psych case...

jgreenberg01 wrote:Having said that, I wouldn't kick any of the above mentioned BSG or FF ladies out of my, um, kitchen.
Bwahaha.
:laugh:
How to post pics & videos: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6363
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.

User avatar
blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
Posts: 10665
Joined: 11 Apr 2009, 14:28
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain
Contact:

Re: Epic Movie Thread

Post by blueorison » 22 Jul 2013, 12:05

I'm out of this thread.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

User avatar
flyingirish04
Gold Member
Posts: 4783
Joined: 25 Aug 2008, 21:42
custom title: Mtn Man in Flatland
Location: Great Plains, USA

Re: Epic Movie Thread

Post by flyingirish04 » 22 Jul 2013, 13:39

Blue, I'm a Kaylee fan too. And Firefly is infinitely better than that fanboyerific BSG. But if you all are Inara fans, she is topless in Homefront. Just saying.


But again, I would rather have Kaylee.
Killed Two Stones with One Bird.

User avatar
panzermk2
Forum Supporter
Posts: 11797
Joined: 19 Aug 2008, 15:51
Location: Around here it's more like what can we shoot through next.
Contact:

Re: Epic Movie Thread

Post by panzermk2 » 22 Jul 2013, 19:40

blueorison wrote:Kaylee/Staite's personality is sweet and cute.

Pretty faces come and go.

Pretty hearts are rare.

Bingo she is pretty cool IRL.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz
Image

User avatar
jgreenberg01
Platinum Member
Posts: 3737
Joined: 17 Jul 2009, 14:32
custom title: FNP-45 Cylon
Location: Palm Coast, FL
Contact:

Re: Epic Movie Thread

Post by jgreenberg01 » 23 Jul 2013, 11:44

flyingirish04 wrote:Blue, I'm a Kaylee fan too. And Firefly is infinitely better than that fanboyerific BSG. But if you all are Inara fans, she is topless in Homefront. Just saying.


But again, I would rather have Kaylee.
You say "fanboy" like it's a bad thing, and that's fine. The problem is that you really need to apply that term to fans of both series. And I'll admit to being a fanboy of both as they both have a large and dedicated following. You can guess by my custom wallet (and previous posts) which one I prefer though:

Image

Yes, I am a major geek, but then again, the first step is to admit that there's a problem.

By the way, with all the comparison of the women in BSG & FF, I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Summer Glau...
0100001101101111011011010110010100100000011000010110111001100100001000000111010001100001011010110110010100100000011010010111010000101110

User avatar
panzermk2
Forum Supporter
Posts: 11797
Joined: 19 Aug 2008, 15:51
Location: Around here it's more like what can we shoot through next.
Contact:

Re: Epic Movie Thread

Post by panzermk2 » 23 Jul 2013, 23:03

She is hot but way too crazy chick to have on our boat Mel
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz
Image

User avatar
jgreenberg01
Platinum Member
Posts: 3737
Joined: 17 Jul 2009, 14:32
custom title: FNP-45 Cylon
Location: Palm Coast, FL
Contact:

Re: Epic Movie Thread

Post by jgreenberg01 » 24 Jul 2013, 04:27

panzermk2 wrote:She is hot but way too crazy chick to have on our boat Mel
Really Jay? You can say that, but she's all grown up now. I think you, in particular, might appreciate this:

Image

Permission to come aboard?
0100001101101111011011010110010100100000011000010110111001100100001000000111010001100001011010110110010100100000011010010111010000101110

User avatar
Rapier1772
Global Moderator
Posts: 12686
Joined: 20 Aug 2008, 09:00
Location: Kennewick, WA

Re: Epic Movie Thread

Post by Rapier1772 » 24 Jul 2013, 08:34

I think he was probably just referring to her time on Firefly, if that's the case then I would agree with Jay.

But yes, in her other roles :drool:
How to post pics & videos: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6363
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.

User avatar
panzermk2
Forum Supporter
Posts: 11797
Joined: 19 Aug 2008, 15:51
Location: Around here it's more like what can we shoot through next.
Contact:

Re: Epic Movie Thread

Post by panzermk2 » 24 Jul 2013, 15:24

Rapier1772 wrote:I think he was probably just referring to her time on Firefly, if that's the case then I would agree with Jay.

But yes, in her other roles :drool:

Hence the Jayne quote.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz
Image

User avatar
jgreenberg01
Platinum Member
Posts: 3737
Joined: 17 Jul 2009, 14:32
custom title: FNP-45 Cylon
Location: Palm Coast, FL
Contact:

Re: Epic Movie Thread

Post by jgreenberg01 » 24 Jul 2013, 16:49

panzermk2 wrote:
Rapier1772 wrote:I think he was probably just referring to her time on Firefly, if that's the case then I would agree with Jay.

But yes, in her other roles :drool:

Hence the Jayne quote.
I got that.

I'm just blurring the lines between the characters & the actors. I agree that frakking a Cylon is a scary thought. And that's why I would rather picture a Jeff sandwich with Grace Park & Tricia Helfer bread.

On the FF menu, it would have to be Morena Baccarin & Summer Glau.

But of course all of that is just fantasy, as I don't expect them to come knocking on my door any time soon. So as long as we're talking fantasy, it's time to switch back to the characters and for me... Inara out hands down out of all the BSG & FF gals. As Jayne said when Inara was with the female Councillor: "I'll be in my bunk."

But I still thing that BSG is the better series! :p
0100001101101111011011010110010100100000011000010110111001100100001000000111010001100001011010110110010100100000011010010111010000101110

500SWfan
Junior Member
Posts: 181
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:52
Location: Eastern Colorado

Re: Epic Movie Thread

Post by 500SWfan » 26 Jul 2013, 19:34

BSG? Loved it until the fourth season where they painted themselves into a corner and couldn't figure a way out besides the lame ending.

Firefly? Network execs are the biggest MORONS on planet Earth for canceling it. But that's just it. They live on Earth and just don't understand the 'verse.
MrSlippyFist wrote:Are those girls from the (IIBTC) Intergalactic Itty Bitty Tittie Committee?
Hey! I'm the vice-president of the IIBTFC Intergalactic Itty Bitty Titty Fan Club. :D

User avatar
blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
Posts: 10665
Joined: 11 Apr 2009, 14:28
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain
Contact:

Re: Epic Movie Thread

Post by blueorison » 26 Jul 2013, 20:14

500SWfan wrote:BSG? Loved it until the fourth season where they painted themselves into a corner and couldn't figure a way out besides the lame ending.

Firefly? Network execs are the biggest MORONS on planet Earth for canceling it. But that's just it. They live on Earth and just don't understand the 'verse.
MrSlippyFist wrote:Are those girls from the (IIBTC) Intergalactic Itty Bitty Tittie Committee?
Hey! I'm the vice-president of the IIBTFC Intergalactic Itty Bitty Titty Fan Club. :D
You and me are friends.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

User avatar
MrSlippyFist
Global Moderator
Posts: 7032
Joined: 27 Aug 2008, 12:44
custom title: Sweeper
Location: Spokane, WA
Contact:

Re: Epic Movie Thread

Post by MrSlippyFist » 26 Jul 2013, 20:57

If only Christina Hendricks was in one of these shows, that would tip the scales.... Oh wait....
Embrace the Suck

User avatar
flyingirish04
Gold Member
Posts: 4783
Joined: 25 Aug 2008, 21:42
custom title: Mtn Man in Flatland
Location: Great Plains, USA

Re: Epic Movie Thread

Post by flyingirish04 » 27 Jul 2013, 23:51

Fanboy denotes someone that has to have something because of a show, besides maybe DVDs or movie/promotional poster of the show. So if you have to have memorabilia or guns because a show has it denotes being a fanboy.

I am not a Firefly fanboy because I don't have any of that. I love the show for its well thought out creativity and uniqueness. I would never own a Firefly ship model, or *COUGH* original art piece mixing renaissance painting with sci-fi characters *AHEM*.

But hey, to each their own. If that is what float your boat, all the better for you.


I still might make fun of you for it though ;)


It could be worse. You could be a snake fanboy.



CALL BACK...
Killed Two Stones with One Bird.

User avatar
Rapier1772
Global Moderator
Posts: 12686
Joined: 20 Aug 2008, 09:00
Location: Kennewick, WA

Re: Epic Movie Thread

Post by Rapier1772 » 28 Jul 2013, 00:10

I would like to own a Firefly.

I don't mean a model of a firefly, I mean the actual ship.
You may call me a fanboy because of it but I wouldn't care.

For that matter, I wouldn't mind the actual Galactica either :laugh:
How to post pics & videos: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6363
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.

500SWfan
Junior Member
Posts: 181
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:52
Location: Eastern Colorado

Re: Epic Movie Thread

Post by 500SWfan » 28 Jul 2013, 00:18

MrSlippyFist wrote:If only Christina Hendricks was in one of these shows, that would tip the scales.... Oh wait....
:thumb: Mmm, that villainous vixen Saffron (NOT in BSG).

User avatar
jgreenberg01
Platinum Member
Posts: 3737
Joined: 17 Jul 2009, 14:32
custom title: FNP-45 Cylon
Location: Palm Coast, FL
Contact:

Re: Epic Movie Thread

Post by jgreenberg01 » 28 Jul 2013, 05:32

flyingirish04 wrote:Fanboy denotes someone that has to have something because of a show, besides maybe DVDs or movie/promotional poster of the show. So if you have to have memorabilia or guns because a show has it denotes being a fanboy.

I am not a Firefly fanboy because I don't have any of that. I love the show for its well thought out creativity and uniqueness. I would never own a Firefly ship model, or *COUGH* original art piece mixing renaissance painting with sci-fi characters *AHEM*.

But hey, to each their own. If that is what float your boat, all the better for you.


I still might make fun of you for it though ;)


It could be worse. You could be a snake fanboy.



CALL BACK...
Ok, now you're just making stuff up. I only have heard (and used) fanboi or fanboy in a somewhat derogatory term. I did that not so much because of the behavior exhibited, but because of the causes they picked to be fans of. Can anyone say Twilight?

But because I didn't really know the etymology of the words(s), I wanted to check before saying pants on fire. Typically, fanboi/fanboy is defined as a person who is strongly devoted to, possibly bordering on obsessed with a show/movie/band/etc. Nowhere can it be found that owning memorabilia is a parameter of being a fanboy. Take your pick of definitions:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fanboi#Fanboy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fanboi" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/fanboi" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/fanboy#English" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And of course, http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fanboy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For the record, I am proud to be a fanboy of Firefly & BSG. Throw Star Trek in there too. Star Wars to a certain extent as well. The genre is a great escape for me from the pressures of the business world. And yes, I like memorabilia & props to help create a certain... ambiance in the home theater.

And guns too. Lot's of guns.

Oh wait, does that make me a firearm fanboy/fanboi? :p
0100001101101111011011010110010100100000011000010110111001100100001000000111010001100001011010110110010100100000011010010111010000101110

User avatar
flyingirish04
Gold Member
Posts: 4783
Joined: 25 Aug 2008, 21:42
custom title: Mtn Man in Flatland
Location: Great Plains, USA

Re: Epic Movie Thread

Post by flyingirish04 » 28 Jul 2013, 13:04

Well then by that definition I'm not a fan boy either, because I am not obsessed with any show or movie. I enjoy quite a few, but obsession? no.

Still symptoms of obsession and thus fanboyism still fit with my definition.:p


And you can't be a fanboy of firearms as they are not a show, or book, or movie. They are not contrived, or made up.
Killed Two Stones with One Bird.

User avatar
jgreenberg01
Platinum Member
Posts: 3737
Joined: 17 Jul 2009, 14:32
custom title: FNP-45 Cylon
Location: Palm Coast, FL
Contact:

Re: Epic Movie Thread

Post by jgreenberg01 » 28 Jul 2013, 17:22

flyingirish04 wrote:Well then by that definition I'm not a fan boy either, because I am not obsessed with any show or movie. I enjoy quite a few, but obsession? no.

Still symptoms of obsession and thus fanboyism still fit with my definition.:p


And you can't be a fanboy of firearms as they are not a show, or book, or movie. They are not contrived, or made up.
Au contraire mon frère:

Noun

fanboy (plural fanboys)

(fandom slang) Someone (normally male) who is utterly devoted to a single subject or hobby, often to the point where it is considered an obsession.
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/fanboy#English" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
0100001101101111011011010110010100100000011000010110111001100100001000000111010001100001011010110110010100100000011010010111010000101110

User avatar
flyingirish04
Gold Member
Posts: 4783
Joined: 25 Aug 2008, 21:42
custom title: Mtn Man in Flatland
Location: Great Plains, USA

Re: Epic Movie Thread

Post by flyingirish04 » 28 Jul 2013, 17:40

Wiki. Not credible. You fail again :p
Killed Two Stones with One Bird.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 9 guests