WTB: Looking for Elite Ammunition self-defense rounds.

Anything from firearms, ammunition, accessories, etc...
Forum rules
1. Prices MUST be listed. No "make offer" ads.

2. No links to auction sites.

3. List your location in either the title, thread content or your profile.

4. Dealers must subscribe or email me at [email protected] to discuss options.

5. You must have a minimum of 50 posts on this board to post WTS advertisements, or have a paid membership. Insignificant posts and smilies do not count.

6. Do not bump your ad unless it is no longer visible on the 1st page.

Thank you for your cooperation. If you have any questions, feel free to PM or email me.
Const Advocate

WTB: Looking for Elite Ammunition self-defense rounds.

Post by Const Advocate » 24 Jul 2013, 18:21

I'm looking to purchase some of Elite's self-defense ammo... Preferably S4M, copper T6, or ProtecTOR. Let me know what you have and how much you'd like for it. Thank you!

NWmissouriman
Gold Member

Re: WTB: Looking for Elite Ammunition self-defense rounds.

Post by NWmissouriman » 24 Jul 2013, 20:10

Not to burst your bubble, but you better go to gunbroker. I can't seem to find anyone on here willing to part with any.
Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

fd57

Post by fd57 » 25 Jul 2013, 05:35

The thing is expect to pay for what you want. Highly unlikely anyone is going to part with their Elite Ammo at the price they paid for it.

While the prices aren't commanding what they were back in January of this year they are still significantly more than the price Elite sells their loads at.

Const Advocate

Post by Const Advocate » 25 Jul 2013, 21:00

I'd be content paying someone here double the sticker price Elite Ammunition charges; however, gunbroker prices are just ridiculous - I've decided after some thought, considering that Elite hopefully will produce again very soon and I'd feel like an idiot rushing it and paying gunbroker prices.

By the way: Do you think Elite will produce their rounds again in the near future? I know supplies are dry, but if you had to make an educated guess on a time frame, what would you say? :ponder:

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Post by blueorison » 25 Jul 2013, 21:58

Why would you ask someone to twiddle their thumbs and guess at a timeframe when they have just as many facts about the matter as you do. Does two guessing people make it better than one? :)

I would pay whatever I thought my defense was worth. Which is a lot of money. If I had a lot of money.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

Const Advocate

Post by Const Advocate » 25 Jul 2013, 22:53

blueorison wrote:Why would you ask someone to twiddle their thumbs and guess at a timeframe when they have just as many facts about the matter as you do. Does two guessing people make it better than one? :)
I thought other forum members who are more experienced and educated on Elite's 5.7x28 than myself would be able to make a better guess than I could. And yes, two is almost always better than one.
blueorison wrote:I would pay whatever I thought my defense was worth. Which is a lot of money. If I had a lot of money.
:agree:
Defense is of course worth more than we could even calculate, I agree 100% with you... But paying a lot of money vs. having a lot of money is one significant issue for me as well. Another issue is paying $200 on gunbroker and then seeing Elite make more ammo available for a fraction of the price shortly after winning my bid.

flyingirish04
Gold Member
custom title: Mtn Man in Flatland

Post by flyingirish04 » 27 Jul 2013, 23:56

I have a lot of first gen ProtecTORs. I mean so first gen they are in the old vaccum bags. I also have some PenetraTORs.

PM me with a reasonable offer.

I do have some first gen tridents too btw. Those would cost you a lot more though, because I don't want to part with them.

But everything is for sale for the right price.
Killed Two Stones with One Bird.

fd57

Post by fd57 » 28 Jul 2013, 11:21

Const Advocate wrote:Another issue is paying $200 on gunbroker and then seeing Elite make more ammo available for a fraction of the price shortly after winning my bid.
Welcome to a free market where capitalism reigns.

:)

So you've to decide what you want and need and what it means to you. That way if you invest at $250/box and Elite offers it at $45/box three weeks later you're still okay with your investment.

flyingirish04
Gold Member
custom title: Mtn Man in Flatland

Post by flyingirish04 » 28 Jul 2013, 13:01

fd57 wrote:
Const Advocate wrote:Another issue is paying $200 on gunbroker and then seeing Elite make more ammo available for a fraction of the price shortly after winning my bid.
Welcome to a free market where capitalism reigns.

:)

So you've to decide what you want and need and what it means to you. That way if you invest at $250/box and Elite offers it at $45/box three weeks later you're still okay with your investment.
:agree: its the big boy program out there.
Killed Two Stones with One Bird.

Reverend Herc
Platinum Member
custom title: Outstanding!!!

Post by Reverend Herc » 10 Aug 2013, 22:00

http://www.fivesevenforum.com/viewtopic ... 38&t=14962" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The ball is on your court....
There can only be two.