Bud's Gunshop has AE 5.7x28 in stock

Discuss 5.7x28mm factory ammunition
Vortec MAX
Gold Member

Bud's Gunshop has AE 5.7x28 in stock

Post by Vortec MAX » 26 Feb 2013, 14:06

Bud's shows AE 5.7x28 in stock. It's expensive at 60 bucks/box, but they have it.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/prod ... /411553169" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mike

dfloyd57

Re: Bud's Gunshop has AE 5.7x28 in stock

Post by dfloyd57 » 26 Feb 2013, 18:07

Thanks for the heads up but I think I'll pass.........

CDeel
custom title: Wannabe Mall Ninja

Post by CDeel » 28 Feb 2013, 12:04

Wouldn't buy from them if it was a dollar a box. :P

500SWfan

Post by 500SWfan » 04 Mar 2013, 21:32

CDeel wrote:Wouldn't buy from them if it was a dollar a box. :P
Just wondering, why do say that? While that's as ridiculous a price as we're seeing on GunBroker right now, and I wouldn't even think of paying it, the few dealings I've had with Bud's have been good. In fact, that's how I got my Bone Collector edition 500 S&W...through Bud's.

Stitches1974

Post by Stitches1974 » 05 Mar 2013, 05:53

Bought multiple guns from Bud's with no issue, except it takes a week for them to get a gun out ( pre panic ). Their price normally beats out everyone else. That said, they will continue to get my business if they have what I want in stock.

Vortec MAX
Gold Member

Post by Vortec MAX » 05 Mar 2013, 07:38

I've had good luck with them too. I have bought three or four guns, and lots of other items without issue. I didn't want to get into a pissing match over it, so I did not reply to the above post. I was just trying to let people know they have ammo in case they can't find it elsewhere for a better price.

Mike

CDeel
custom title: Wannabe Mall Ninja

Post by CDeel » 05 Mar 2013, 17:29

I thought it was common opinion that bud's wasn't very friendly or competent. I'm usually very forgiving when it comes to businesses, particularly when it has to do with guns, because we're all in the same circle of people more or less.

My problems with them though:
From an operations standpoint and all this is nitpicky, I don't like that they list a "cash price" so they appear on google results at a lower price than anyone else, even though it's not the real price. I don't like that their "specials" are usually just regular priced items that they decided to just put on the front page.

I'd also seen people complain about credit card numbers being stolen. I don't care about that, it's most likely not their fault and will get resolved 100% of the time anyway. It's definitely not a reason to shop there though. I've also seen people online receive the wrong gun, because the image, page title, and item description are all of seperate, but similar items. I've seen this firsthand myself on the site but I've never bought a gun from them. Again, nitpicky and internet information, nothing to boycott over.

But the singular reason why I will never spend money on that site is because I was on a waiting list for a Five-seveN at the beginning of September. If you don't know how Bud's "waiting lists" work, you can buy your gun at retail when there are enough of them in stock. Otherwise, if they happen to get an odd one in, they're put up for AUCTION. Needless to say I never got my gun. I bought it at a LGS instead, and I'm very glad I did. You can go on the site right now and see FsNs and other high demand guns up for auction. That's how they run their site and that's fine, but I'm not going to be made to fight over a gun that I'm supposed to be in line to receive.

I apologize for derailing the thread and I didn't mean to throw rocks at the hornet's nest. Like I said I thought that a lot of people felt the same way. I've literally never seen anyone say anything postitive about Bud's.

:topic:

Vortec MAX
Gold Member

Post by Vortec MAX » 05 Mar 2013, 17:51

I have experienced the picture not matching the part number or the description being off. I guess that does annoy me. The last two pistols I bought from them had inaccurate descriptions. I bought them based solely on the Sig Sauer part numbers that I got from the Sig site. I got the right pistols, but I had to do my homework.

Bud's usually has pretty good prices, and I use them as a price check when I buy something somewhere else to make sure I am not overpaying.

I have experienced some of the other things you mention at numerous places. I think it must be standard practice. I am still "in line" at another site to get a Sig Sauer SIG716 Precision rifle. I don't know if it will ever happen now with the way things are going. I actually "bought" the rifle, but my credit card has not been charged because it has not shipped. The price I "paid" was waaaay low compared to today's prices. I suspect I won't get one at that price.

Anyway, I guess the moral of my story is... Bud's isn't the only site with those quirks. Sometimes you just have to take the bad with the good.

Mike

walther99

Post by walther99 » 31 Mar 2013, 09:15

One of my local stores has it for $28/box.....so yeah. No thanks.

fntech1
custom title: FNTech1

Post by fntech1 » 31 Mar 2013, 12:21

I thought this thread was originally created to discuss the characteristics of factory loaded, FNH ammunition, not about which retailers have the best price.

Buffman
Silver Member

Post by Buffman » 31 Mar 2013, 12:35

this probably should be moved to the lounge.

fntech1
custom title: FNTech1

Post by fntech1 » 31 Mar 2013, 12:45

Thanks Buff...........

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 31 Mar 2013, 13:23

It was not created to discuss anything other than the fact Bud's had it in stock. It was started when factory ammo at a retail store was so rare that some felt it needed its own thread when found. Personally, I'd have preferred it if people would have just updated one of the existing threads about ammo availability or prices.

If you are interested in the round's characteristics, there are other threads already started for the different rounds.
How to post pics & videos: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6363
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.

Fotis

Post by Fotis » 01 Apr 2013, 13:26

$60 a box???

They can feel free to use them a suppositories along with all the other scalpers..

huddleston101

Post by huddleston101 » 01 Apr 2013, 15:15

Fotis wrote:$60 a box???

They can feel free to use them a suppositories along with all the other scalpers..
use them as suppositories :laugh: good one Fotis :thumb:
When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.” Thomas Jefferson