shipping Powders & primers

General reloading

Moderator: Grantness

5Jeffro7

shipping Powders & primers

Post by 5Jeffro7 » 02 Nov 2008, 15:20

I'm gettin' ready to list some of my old re-loading stuff, along with some "Haz-Mat" stuff..what kind of stuff do I need to know before shipping ammo, powder & primers...method, marking, surcharges, etc...any help would be appreciated

Jeff

MrSlippyFist
Global Moderator
custom title: Sweeper

Re: shipping Powders & primers

Post by MrSlippyFist » 02 Nov 2008, 18:17

Embrace the Suck

5Jeffro7

Post by 5Jeffro7 » 18 Nov 2008, 18:07

o.k., now I think I'm screwed...Just started checking fedex for rates...unless I'm totally messed up in the head (I've been accused of it before), its going to cost nearly 85.00 to ship 12 pounds of ammunition....

can someone give me some help regarding whether fedex considers ammunition dangerous or hazzardous (it makes a big deal)..if hazzardous, I can just package it up & present it to a fedes office, correct...how do I give someone an ACCURATE shipping cost if I can't even figure it out....I'm trying to do everything legal, but looks like I'll go broke shipping this crap...

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Esteves
Wiki Moderator
custom title: Shhh!

Post by Esteves » 18 Nov 2008, 19:39

Shipping ammo is not that big a deal. I usually use UPS, but FedEx will too. Slap an ORM-D sticker on it and schedule a pickup. Must go via ground service.

I have not shipped bulk powder or primers, so I'm not familiar with any additional restrictions.

Google or use the search feature on UPS' or Fedex's sites. They also have phone numbers that one can call.
--
S
© 2004-2019 Esteves

Political tags — such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative,
and so forth — are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want
people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 18 Nov 2008, 20:00

Just PM Lisa
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

panzermk2wife
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2wife » 18 Nov 2008, 22:03

Pm sent
Visit Us on FaceBook
https://www.facebook.com/EliteAmmunition5.7x28mm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Leave Us Feedback on the Forum
http://www.fivesevenforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=8630" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

fatherfoof

Post by fatherfoof » 19 Dec 2008, 22:35

Would one of you in the trade clarify a most basic question please? On the one hand, I read ammo must be overnight express. On the other, some state it must be ground (which obviously is longer than overnight). Does somebody have an answer? Thanks and Godbless you this holiday season! fatherfoof
Please PM Me for LE/Military Access

f3rr37
Site Admin

Post by f3rr37 » 19 Dec 2008, 22:51

UPS will only ship ammo ground.

fatherfoof

Post by fatherfoof » 19 Dec 2008, 22:54

Thanx for clarification! Have a good weekend.
Please PM Me for LE/Military Access

5Jeffro7

Post by 5Jeffro7 » 20 Dec 2008, 14:46

fatherfoof wrote:Would one of you in the trade clarify a most basic question please? On the one hand, I read ammo must be overnight express. On the other, some state it must be ground (which obviously is longer than overnight). Does somebody have an answer? Thanks and Godbless you this holiday season! fatherfoof
Here's what Iv'e found for FedEx, which is what I used for shipping all my ammo. Ammo can go ground, but in order to ship it, you have to have an account. you need to use the orm-d stickers (I found a listing, doing a google search, for the graphics for the stickers..simply download the graphics & print 'em out..I used self-adhesive mailing labels & cut out the individual stickers). the only time they have to go overnight, would be if you were shipping them to AK or HI, and then, they have to be listed as "dangerous goods"...at which time a surcharge is added in the amount of $32.50 or .22/lb; whichever is greater. shipping to HI or AK is pretty much cost prohibitive...what would cost 20.00 to ship from coast to coast would be over $80.00 to ship to either AK or HI.
Simply pack it up, weigh it, print a label, add the orm-d sticker & have fedes pick it up. just make sure that you "tweak" it a little when doing the shipping...fedex home delivery is more than fedex ground...sometimes ya gotta remove the "default" to be able to ship ground.
any questions, don't hesitate to email for more information.
Jeff