SS190 To rant about and carry on. DO IT HERE!!!!!

Forum for discussing factory & reloading non-5.7x28mm ammunition.
Bones
custom title: Bones

SS190 To rant about and carry on. DO IT HERE!!!!!

Post by Bones » 22 Apr 2011, 03:56

Alright.... :wall: Damn you try and do someone a favor and get #### on. Please if you would like to rant about anything regarding this round he is the place. I will engage in the topic here as I am pretty damn knowledgeable in the subject area since I have shot a few thousand rounds of this stuff myself Please don't ask me about any local laws as I am not a lawyer and well the fact that there is 50 states.

Please keep in mind I didnt have to give away any SS190 here. I could have just put it on the other site and raped everyone for 300-500 a box all day long and not one person would have been displeased. I shoot a bunch and just figured I would pass on the good deal.......... Really :ponder: ..... Think about it :ponder:

Your friendly 5.7 member,
Bones :D
Last edited by Bones on 22 Apr 2011, 03:59, edited 1 time in total.

murphies_finest
custom title: King Thread Killer.

Re: SS109 To rant about and carry on. DO IT HERE!!!!!

Post by murphies_finest » 22 Apr 2011, 03:58

Bone I think you did everyone here a good favor, no they didnt have to purchase nor what you did. Sometimes people give out stuff to help to make folks happy and no matter what kind of outcome you want folks are always gonna be there and act unthankful or greatful.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Re: SS109 To rant about and carry on. DO IT HERE!!!!!

Post by blueorison » 22 Apr 2011, 04:08

murphies_finest wrote:Bone I think you did everyone here a good favor, no they didnt have to purchase nor what you did. Sometimes people give out stuff to help to make folks happy and no matter what kind of outcome you want folks are always gonna be there and act unthankful or greatful.
Exactly. Keep up the good work, Bones. While I didn't see any ungrateful people on the previous threads, there really shouldn't be any! :clap:
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

Bones

Re: SS190 To rant about and carry on. DO IT HERE!!!!!

Post by Bones » 22 Apr 2011, 04:09

Thank you sir :thumb: I really debated picking up the last bit and asked a few others and was told "Na" I thought to myself (Well it is more expensive) but if not it will end up on (fill in the blank) for three times as much if not more. This is a great site and a great bunch of people (for the most part :p ) so why not give back? Its kinda like if I was to grow up in the hood and become a famous ball player then come back and build a community center filled with activities and staff to help the youth flourish. :lmao: Nah not really :lmao: but you get what I am sayin? Right? I could have left the hood and became the great ball player who didnt look back at all the people who supported me..................Some people just need a visual aid :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Disclosure: I am not trying to make any link between all the gangster hood rat ball players that come from my area

PGT

Post by PGT » 22 Apr 2011, 06:53

having grown up in Va Beach, you're right about that link :laugh:

Tachycardia

Post by Tachycardia » 22 Apr 2011, 07:47

May the perpetrators who dared to peddle your wares on Gunbroker be cursed with one thousand and fourteen stovepipes with their 5-7's

I for one plan to use my rounds to the fullest....

Hunting the mighty Kevlar Tiger

romer522

Post by romer522 » 22 Apr 2011, 07:55

Tachycardia wrote:Karma

May the perpetrators who dared to peddle your wares on Gunbroker be cursed with one thousand and fourteen stovepipes with their 5-7's

:skep:

And may your comical views of free trade bite you in the <profanity> some day when you least expect it.

Tachycardia

Post by Tachycardia » 22 Apr 2011, 08:07

romer522 wrote:

And may your comical views of free trade bite you in the <profanity> some day when you least expect it.
Some light reading
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humour" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And free trade aside, it was not his intention to have people scalp them on GB, he was doing a nice thing but what ev, people can do what they want.

Didn't mean to strike a nerve, auctions not going so well? :skep:

SHEEPDOG
Gold Member
custom title: A.K.A. DW

Post by SHEEPDOG » 22 Apr 2011, 09:25

Thanks Bones, the check/mo is in the mail. Wish I could afford more. :drool:

romer522

Post by romer522 » 22 Apr 2011, 09:25

Tachycardia wrote:
romer522 wrote:

Some light reading
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humour" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And free trade aside, it was not his intention to have people scalp them on GB, he was doing a nice thing but what ev, people can do what they want.

You say "scalping," people that understand economics say "passing the deal on" the same as Bones. Flooding, and I mean FLOODING a market of an overpriced collectable is ALWAYS going to result the price equalizing to the new supply.

What Bones' intent was, and what actually happened are two different things (assuming you actually KNOW what his intent was), he sold it to anybody that wanted it, and as such some people are going to resell some of it (the # of people viewing the sale thread prove it wasn't just standard forum members buying), and insinuating that they are somehow doing something wrong is so ignorant its not even funny.

Strike a nerve? No not really, just annoying to see people that despise/demonize "profit" when it is the precise mechanism that allows you to have the quality of life you currently enjoy.

Oh and BTW, whether it was Bones, or the guy Bones bought it from, or the guy he bought it from, some guy made WAY more money on that ammo than any individual that is currently selling it on GB, and if they hadn't done what they did, however it happened, this "deal" of $100 a box wouldn't have been available. Profit and the desire for profit is what brought this deal to market in the first place.

PainKillaX

Post by PainKillaX » 22 Apr 2011, 10:07

I don't want no part of this argument man.

Thank you Bones, for helping our fine community. I have no doubt you attracted quite a large new member base. I wish I could have picked up a box myself while it was available at your wonderful price.

Alright gents, carry on :laugh:

Edited cause I thought we were in the Cage. Murphies caught me anyway :facepalm:
Last edited by PainKillaX on 22 Apr 2011, 10:12, edited 2 times in total.

murphies_finest

Post by murphies_finest » 22 Apr 2011, 10:09

PainKillaX wrote:I don't want no part of this <profanity> man.

Thank you Bones, for helping our fine community. I have no doubt you attracted quite a large new member base. I wish I could have picked up a box myself.

Alright gents, carry on :laugh:
+ eleventybrazillon!!!!!!!!!

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 22 Apr 2011, 11:12

PainKillaX wrote:Edited cause I thought we were in the Cage. Murphies caught me anyway :facepalm:
And then he quotes you before you edit, thereby keeping what he cautioned you to edited out?

Oh and by the way,
PainKillaX wrote:I don't want no part of this argument man.
The grammar police will be hunting you if you keep that up :laugh: :p
How to post pics & videos: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6363
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.

PainKillaX

Post by PainKillaX » 22 Apr 2011, 11:31

hay y u gots 2 b so all in my face and stuff somtiems peopl like u jus realy make me so mad cuz u thnk im stupid and stuff jus bcuz ur gramarr an all dat

Tachycardia

Post by Tachycardia » 22 Apr 2011, 11:33

romer522 wrote:
Tachycardia wrote:
romer522 wrote:

Some light reading

You say "scalping," people that understand economics say "passing the deal on" the same as Bones. Flooding, and I mean FLOODING a market of an overpriced collectable is ALWAYS going to result the price equalizing to the new supply.

What Bones' intent was, and what actually happened are two different things (assuming you actually KNOW what his intent was), he sold it to anybody that wanted it, and as such some people are going to resell some of it (the # of people viewing the sale thread prove it wasn't just standard forum members buying), and insinuating that they are somehow doing something wrong is so ignorant its not even funny.

Strike a nerve? No not really, just annoying to see people that despise/demonize "profit" when it is the precise mechanism that allows you to have the quality of life you currently enjoy.

Oh and BTW, whether it was Bones, or the guy Bones bought it from, or the guy he bought it from, some guy made WAY more money on that ammo than any individual that is currently selling it on GB, and if they hadn't done what they did, however it happened, this "deal" of $100 a box wouldn't have been available. Profit and the desire for profit is what brought this deal to market in the first place.
We have different views obviously, I just think it is a dick move morally, but as I said it is MY view.

If you really want to hash it out, feel free to make a thread in the cage or PM me but by and large continuing this argument is a waste of time.

Bones, you are the man

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 22 Apr 2011, 11:46

PainKillaX wrote:hay y u gots 2 b so all in my face and stuff somtiems peopl like u jus realy make me so mad cuz u thnk im stupid and stuff jus bcuz ur mor better gramarr an all dat
FIFY
How to post pics & videos: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6363
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.

Tachycardia

Post by Tachycardia » 22 Apr 2011, 11:52

Grills were gotten up into in this thread

Tachycardia

Post by Tachycardia » 22 Apr 2011, 11:54

Tachycardia wrote:Grills were gotten up into in dis thread

murphies_finest

Post by murphies_finest » 22 Apr 2011, 11:55

Tachycardia wrote:
Tachycardia wrote:Grills were gotten up into in dis thread
W T F?

Bones

Post by Bones » 22 Apr 2011, 14:18

Thats a good one :lmao: and yes this should have been put in the cage so it could have really got hot!

flyingirish04
Gold Member
custom title: Mtn Man in Flatland

Post by flyingirish04 » 22 Apr 2011, 14:41

Bones wrote:

Thats a good one :lmao: and yes this should have been put in the cage so it could have really got hot!

Tach,

There is a difference between you and Romer. He is right, you are dead wrong, anti-capitalist, anti-free market, and display an attitude that isn't funny in any context, but dangerous to freedom everywhere. Not going to lighten up on you.

Bones made a helluva a profit, 300%+ in fact. Good for him. He, nor you, no anyone else can morally claim a high ground in criticizing ANYONE that can do the same.

The fact that you do shows that you are morally bankrupt. Free markets and free minds are more valuable morals than any of the liberal fascist sociological limitings on that market based on juvenile sentiments like pseudogouching, and and price settings by which you are advocating with your views.

I hope that viewpoint, though allowed to be presented, never be greeted with welcoming sentiment on a forum like this that is here to promote freedoms, not curtail them by some pseudomoral, moronic, crappy hippie sentiment.

Cheers :cya:
Last edited by flyingirish04 on 22 Apr 2011, 14:46, edited 3 times in total.
Killed Two Stones with One Bird.

flyingirish04
Gold Member
custom title: Mtn Man in Flatland

Post by flyingirish04 » 22 Apr 2011, 14:43

And even if Bones has a problem, TOUGH!!! He can stop selling then or frankly STFU.

Not saying he feels that way. If he does, he is dead wrong. I don't think that if he is a rational human being, he will have any issues.

For the record, I never bought any of the 190 and resold it. So I am completely unbiased in this.
Killed Two Stones with One Bird.

PainKillaX

Post by PainKillaX » 22 Apr 2011, 15:30

I feel like maybe I don't need to do this, but just wanted to say that Irish isn't a complete <profanity> looking for a fight so try not to take it that way. :)

Bones

Post by Bones » 22 Apr 2011, 16:18

I am sure you really dont think I made a 300% profit really do you? :lmao: I am sure most of you know I lost money just on the shipping not to mention all the time and care I spent shipping it :p Really :lmao:

Tachycardia

Post by Tachycardia » 22 Apr 2011, 19:38

Irish, as I stated before, if anyone would like to discuss further, pm me.

I think that if he sold them for people to use then it is kind of a <profanity> move to turn around and sell them.

That opinion has absolutely NO bearing on anti-capitalist views or moral bankruptcy, it is simply a <profanity> opinion. , no matter how bad you want to try and twist it to be.

If they made money on it, good on them, big <profanity> deal, it does not mean I can't think it was mildly <profanity> up.

Do I really have a strong stance on it? nope

Was I just expressing a lukewarm view on it? yup

Can I think that your post reeks of doucebaggery? why not?

Maybe find a hobby or head to the range and stop trying to turn a simple discussion into a <profanity> holy war

The only thing you just proved with that wall of text is that you have a thesaurus and are literate, congratulations.

You don't know a thing about me from one sentence made in just so kindly eat a bowl of <profanity> and go <profanity> yourself.

Hugs and kisses

-Joshua:)
Last edited by Tachycardia on 22 Apr 2011, 20:23, edited 2 times in total.

Tachycardia

Post by Tachycardia » 22 Apr 2011, 19:43

The hippie line cut me the deepest you evil bastard

CenCalSplicer

Post by CenCalSplicer » 22 Apr 2011, 20:07

And we're still discussing this why?????????? GET OVER IT ALREADY!!!! Great sale bones and way to look out for your fellow shooters regardless if they make a profit off something that was sold on the open forum.

CenCalSplicer

Post by CenCalSplicer » 22 Apr 2011, 20:07

Tachycardia wrote:The hippie line cut me the deepest you evil bastard
LOL

Tachycardia

Post by Tachycardia » 22 Apr 2011, 20:10

Irish, if you really want to hash this out, just freakin PM me.

I honestly don't give a lambs <profanity>, but at least it can be done in private

or not, what ev
Last edited by Tachycardia on 22 Apr 2011, 20:19, edited 1 time in total.

CenCalSplicer

Post by CenCalSplicer » 22 Apr 2011, 20:15

Just a word of advise Doc, you might want to keep the language to a minimum on the open forum. Thats what the cage is for.

Tachycardia

Post by Tachycardia » 22 Apr 2011, 20:21

[/quote]

We have different views obviously, I just think it is a <profanity> move morally, but as I said it is MY view.

If you really want to hash it out, feel free to make a thread in the cage or PM me but by and large continuing this argument is a waste of time.

Bones, you are the man[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up, that is why I posted this earlier..... This thread may as well just be locked and/or deleted

meh, I tried

CenCalSplicer

Post by CenCalSplicer » 22 Apr 2011, 20:30

It's all good and not my argument, but we leave the colorful language for the cage. It all comes down to a difference in opinion and I personally see validity to both sides of the issue. One being the moral/ethical (opinion based) and the other being that what was done was completely legit and part of what makes our capitalistic/free market system so great. Bones did everyone that purchased a great service by selling his personal stash to us instead of lining his own pocket. We can only be responsible for how we conduct ourselves individually and Bones should not be drawn into an ethical argument regarding his sale.

Tachycardia

Post by Tachycardia » 22 Apr 2011, 20:38

Quite frankly my mild view on it does not go as far as political/constitutional/capitalist levels, nor did it need to be turned into it but if uneducated dispersions are leveled at my morals I am bound to react in kind, and for me that involves colorful words and phrases, which is why I asked for and response to be in the cage or a PM.

But I would prefer neither as I just don't care, lets just let this thread die

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Post by blueorison » 22 Apr 2011, 22:17

Ya'll watch your language.

Also, if we are to make claims on this thread, please back it up.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

f3rr37
Site Admin

Post by f3rr37 » 23 Apr 2011, 12:33

We're done with this topic. Please do not create a new thread for this. The dead horse has already been beaten.

*Topic Closed*