New Member Introduction

General discussion.
jmz5
Site Admin

Re: New Member Introduction

Post by jmz5 » 07 Sep 2010, 13:39

Beladran wrote:hey guys new 5.7 lover here. been trolling for some time and figured i should join to ask a few questions. I am a Mod for Msgunowners.com and only have two or three guys that shoot it over there. lets see i live in Mississippi, i work for Budweiser, I love guns = )
You are my hero. :laugh:

Welcome!
كاف

Gunner

Just introducing myself....

Post by Gunner » 07 Sep 2010, 18:34

I didnt see a member introduction anywhere, if there is one i would kindly ask a mod to move this but i just wanted to introduce myself. Name is Tony, I am from Cincinnati, OH but right now I'm in Jacksonville, NC stationed at Camp Lejeune as an active duty Marine. I'm a machinegunner by trade and am scheduled to get out in Oct. but will get medically held for a broken wrist. I just yesterday traded my Bushmaster AR-15(it was my baby) for a OD green PS90. I'm pretty excited about it actually I couldn't be happier with it. I am now looking for the 5.7 usg pistol but NC has different rules than Ohio for handguns so it's a little more difficult. Anyways, im glad to be a part of the FiveseveN community and hope to get a lot of useful information from everyone.

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Re: Just introducing myself....

Post by panzermk2 » 07 Sep 2010, 19:13

Welcome to the forum!
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

ChuckD
custom title: Tactical Tier2 Ninja

Post by ChuckD » 07 Sep 2010, 19:47

Welcome!
Stay safe Tony.
If you're ever down near the southern WV area, I'll let you squeeze off some rounds outta the FsN.

Gunner

Post by Gunner » 07 Sep 2010, 19:58

ChuckD wrote:Welcome!
Stay safe Tony.
If you're ever down near the southern WV area, I'll let you squeeze off some rounds outta the FsN.
I drive through WV everytime i go home. I'm thinking about going home at the end of the week. I just had surgery on my wrist but fortunately the ps90 is a nice, compact, light weapon that doesnt require too much weak hand strength. I haven't shot it yet so if you have a range we can hit up maybe we can slay some targets. I'll let you know and if you're really interested maybe we can link up

SHEEPDOG
Gold Member
custom title: A.K.A. DW

Post by SHEEPDOG » 07 Sep 2010, 20:07

Welcome to the forum. Tony

CenCalSplicer

Post by CenCalSplicer » 07 Sep 2010, 20:25

Welcome to the forum, glad to have ya. Just remember to have plenty of beer for chuck if you guys go shooting. He gets really thirsty!!

Gunner

Post by Gunner » 07 Sep 2010, 22:17

well that's good to know because i like to stay hydrated as well(or dehydrated, however you look at it)

marksman

Post by marksman » 08 Sep 2010, 07:06

Hi,
My name is Larry and I just bought a 5.7 pistol. a little background just to get aquainted. I served in the U.S. Army Infantry, where I was blown up. I don't want to talk about it. I served as a Tampa Police Officer, where I got a bullet in my chest. I don't want to talk about it. I just bought a 5.7 pistol, and I would realy like to talk to you good folks about it. I had just bought all of the S&W revolvers at least one of each caliber in a local gun shop including the S&W 500 Magnum. There were just no more heavy metal guns to buy, when the owner of the gun shop showed me the FNH 57. I put my new 500 Magnum down, which weighed about 100 pounds when compared to the 5.7, and he handed me this plastic gun that felt like a toy. I did not like it at all and handed it back to him. The more I thought about the 5.7 the more interested I became concerning this new weapon.

I thought about the weight, and realised that it would be great to have such a light handgun to carry. I thought about the palmer (not plastic) construction of the weapon and realised that it could not possibly rust. I became aware of the 30 round magazine and was stunned. The next thing that crossed my mind was the capability of the 5.7 ammunition.

While I was looking at the 5.7 for a closer evaluation of it the owner of the gun shop introduced me to the FNH 5.7 Rep who just happened to be standing right next to me. I asked him a very simple question. I asked him if I were in a situation where there was a car load of armed gang members in a car who were going to harm innocent bystanders, would the ammunition in the 5.7 penetrate the door of the car and illiminate the threat to the defencelss people standing by. He looked at me like I had two heads or something, and quickly replied no. I am an ex-Tampa Police Officer, and I have to live in the real world. I like to shoot at targets too, but sometime life requires us to use our weapons for more than just target shooting in order to save lives.

While I was on the internet looking for better ammunition, you can quess the rest. I found Elite Ammunition, and bought my first FNH 5.7 pistol. Elite is a gift from God to me. Your ammo is art not just metal.

f3rr37
Site Admin

Post by f3rr37 » 08 Sep 2010, 07:58

Welcome, and thank you for your service (both in the military and as a law enforcement officer).

Robar

Post by Robar » 13 Sep 2010, 12:44

Hello all. I just found about this forum after an email conversation with J. Wolf, of Elite Ammunition. :thumb: A lot of 5.7 info here and looking forward to learning more about it.
I live in W. Texas and have been working for a municipal police department for the last 20 years. Last year I purchased a FsN pistol and really liked the little round that it shot, so a couple weeks ago I traded, a not so used rifle, for a PS90. :clap: So far I really like the PS90. Although I can not carry the 5.7 round at work, the FsN usually stays with me in my jeep and the PS90 will accompany it, when on longer excursions.
Thanks for a great 5.7 library.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Post by blueorison » 13 Sep 2010, 14:31

Robar wrote:Hello all. I just found about this forum after an email conversation with J. Wolf, of Elite Ammunition. :thumb: A lot of 5.7 info here and looking forward to learning more about it.
I live in W. Texas and have been working for a municipal police department for the last 20 years. Last year I purchased a FsN pistol and really liked the little round that it shot, so a couple weeks ago I traded, a not so used rifle, for a PS90. :clap: So far I really like the PS90. Although I can not carry the 5.7 round at work, the FsN usually stays with me in my jeep and the PS90 will accompany it, when on longer excursions.
Thanks for a great 5.7 library.
Welcome, Robar. I've been to west Texas, the real west <removed for being inappropriate>.

I'm in Austin, if you ever drive through let me know, we'll go shoot our FsN's. I can invite my PD friends out, but I wouldn't want to embarrass them :D

Respect for LE, shoot me a message if you're in town.
Last edited by f3rr37 on 13 Sep 2010, 15:33, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: censored post
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

SPC AJ
custom title: Climb to Glory

Post by SPC AJ » 14 Sep 2010, 14:27

I suppose that I can be classified as a new member (again). I first joined the forum to learn about the FiveSeven in 2008, and soon thereafter purchased my USG. Since day 1 this has been my favorite pistol by far, and due to career/family reasons for the last couple of years I have been to the range maybe twice. I went on Saturday and it has rekindled my love for the gun (and shooting in general) and given the current political climate I believe now is the time to get more involved. A little background: I was a soldier in the U.S. Army Signal Corps stationed with a little Military Police Battalion and got out in 2007. Currently I am a surgical sales rep working with orthopedic trauma in South Florida becoming more active with my local shooting community. I have drank the Glock "coolaid" and own the model 17, 22, and carry the 26. I own about 10 handguns and 5 rifles. All of these however do not hold a candle to the FiveSeven especially when I go shoot and everybody on all the other lanes have take a step back to examine what this strange gun with a very loud report is doing on the range. Its great to be back!

leonidas311

Introduction

Post by leonidas311 » 17 Sep 2010, 06:58

I want to intro myself to the board. I am a long time lurker and I participate on several boards under the same name.

I am the VERY proud owner of a FN PS90 and was an early adopter. I traded my beloved Colt 6450 and Benelli M3 for the PS90 and a Sig 229 (the carry edition). Not a great deal for sure but I was the only one around to have it for quite some time.

I needed it quick because I had NO time to waste. I HAD to SBR it :). This was my first SBR and it is funny how necessity will make us LEARN. This was before I had a trust and when I went to speak to the State Attorney he asked me "why do you need this" and I said "Well, esthetically it just does not look right with the long nose". He commented it was the most unique answer he ever heard and I was on my way!

As I mentioned I have had my PS90 since they came out and have 4k plus rounds down the barrel post SBR. Now I know many of you will not believe this but using factory loads I can not recall ONE TIME ever having a malfunction. I do not clean it after every session and I do not baby it, I shoot the crap out of it and have had MANY people ask if they could shoot my "sub-machine gun" (I wish).

I have a green model with the white rectical but did buy the light enhancement module sold from one of the vendors here. Works great. I tried the rail at some point but never could get use to it.

In any event it is without a doubt my FAVORITE gun and I do have a few toys in my locker at this point. In addition it seems to be everyones favorite gun. It is the one everyone is attracted to and the one everyone likes to shoot. Recoil friendly and all my left handed friends appreciate it the most.

I am hoping to add a suppressor in the near future and of course a FN 5.7. I hope to learn even more about the PS90 and appreciate the owners for making a place to discuss my favorite firearm!

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Re: Introduction

Post by panzermk2 » 17 Sep 2010, 07:11

Well come to the forum and that's a damn fine intro you posted.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

sabotteur
custom title: Big Dog Outfitters

Re: Introduction

Post by sabotteur » 17 Sep 2010, 07:42

Aye welcome mate! Glad to have you here with us.

thewizardofaz3

Post by thewizardofaz3 » 22 Sep 2010, 13:24

Hey folks. It's my turn for an intro. I'm new as of today. I'm a lifelong shooter. My first gun was a long rifle, an Ithaca 22. It was a one shot gun, where you opened the breech by lowering the lever, sliding a cartridge into it, and closing it up. My other guns were a Remington 257 Roberts and a Stevens over-under and I had regular access to a 22 Hornet, with which I killed my first deer at age 12, and my father's Winchester Model 270 bolt. I joined the Air Force in 1971 and retired in 1995. Over that period I had access to and fired a number of weapons, including a German G3, USA SAR, 50 cal, M-16, 44 Mag S&W and quite a number of others. When I retired I purchased a Glock Model 22 and a bit later a Glock 26 sub compact which I used for CCW. I ended up letting the CCW permit lapse, due to my philosophical disagreement about paying for my rights to keep and bear. Fortunately, starting 1 August 2010, Arizona became a Vermont style CCW state. No permit required. Pack heat in good health. I've gotten arthritis in my hands and was looking to both upgrade my ccw capability and reduce recoil and that's when I saw the FiveseveN. Mine's on order with the local Air Force Base gun shop and I should have it next week.

sabotteur

Post by sabotteur » 22 Sep 2010, 14:24

Welcome aboard Wizard.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 22 Sep 2010, 14:28

thewizardofaz3 wrote:Hey folks. It's my turn for an intro. I'm new as of today. I'm a lifelong shooter. My first gun was a long rifle, an Ithaca 22. It was a one shot gun, where you opened the breech by lowering the lever, sliding a cartridge into it, and closing it up. My other guns were a Remington 257 Roberts and a Stevens over-under and I had regular access to a 22 Hornet, with which I killed my first deer at age 12, and my father's Winchester Model 270 bolt. I joined the Air Force in 1971 and retired in 1995. Over that period I had access to and fired a number of weapons, including a German G3, USA SAR, 50 cal, M-16, 44 Mag S&W and quite a number of others. When I retired I purchased a Glock Model 22 and a bit later a Glock 26 sub compact which I used for CCW. I ended up letting the CCW permit lapse, due to my philosophical disagreement about paying for my rights to keep and bear. Fortunately, starting 1 August 2010, Arizona became a Vermont style CCW state. No permit required. Pack heat in good health. I've gotten arthritis in my hands and was looking to both upgrade my ccw capability and reduce recoil and that's when I saw the FiveseveN. Mine's on order with the local Air Force Base gun shop and I should have it next week.
Hats off. Have fun here, learn alot, and ask freely with knowledge. Your brand new questions; check out the forum wiki, the leftmost button on the bottom line of the banner, written in orange.

There is a great *cough cough* FAQ written up for your pleasure. It will cover most if not all of your most trivial questions to your inquisitive W's.

Each moment is a gift.
Shoot more, worry less.

thewizardofaz3

Post by thewizardofaz3 » 22 Sep 2010, 14:41

Thanks very much. My first after purchase purchase will be ammo. I can get the FN branded 50 count 40 grain at the local Air Force Base Exchange. That's where I bought the 57. I end up with a $970 purchase price and no tax. The ammo is running $22 a box for the 40 and $28 a box for the 28 grain. I hope to be able to afford it. :) Secondly, since this will replace my Glock 26 as my concealed carry gun, I need to get a good, comfortable holster that doesn't easily allow the weapon to show. We also have legal Open Carry, so I'm not really worried, I just want the tactical advantage to stay with me.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 22 Sep 2010, 15:24

thewizardofaz3 wrote:Thanks very much. My first after purchase purchase will be ammo. I can get the FN branded 50 count 40 grain at the local Air Force Base Exchange. That's where I bought the 57. I end up with a $970 purchase price and no tax. The ammo is running $22 a box for the 40 and $28 a box for the 28 grain. I hope to be able to afford it. :) Secondly, since this will replace my Glock 26 as my concealed carry gun, I need to get a good, comfortable holster that doesn't easily allow the weapon to show. We also have legal Open Carry, so I'm not really worried, I just want the tactical advantage to stay with me.
Get your ammo from Rob at Truehuntersupply or Charles from A&A, they both have very good service and support and lower than 20$ a box of ss197 40 grain.
Shoot more, worry less.

famous1979

Post by famous1979 » 04 Oct 2010, 18:25

Hello every one . just started reloading for my five seven and thompson single shot in 5.7 . been vaporizing prairie rats for a couple years with the Thompson and i carry the five seven every day . found the site while looking for some reloading data and a source for once fired brass .

jmz5
Site Admin

Post by jmz5 » 05 Oct 2010, 04:43

Welcome to the site! You won't find a larger source of reloading info.
كاف

Woody0371

Post by Woody0371 » 14 Oct 2010, 15:07

Hello everyone, I have had a PS90 and FiveseveN for about 2 years now. Have been a member on a few other boards and am getting ready to start doing some loading. Just wanted to get in with a group that knows these rounds in and out. I'll be quiet mostly, with an occasional question. Just want to see what everyone has to say.

Shawn

f3rr37
Site Admin

Post by f3rr37 » 14 Oct 2010, 15:32

Woody0371 wrote:Hello everyone, I have had a PS90 and FiveseveN for about 2 years now. Have been a member on a few other boards and am getting ready to start doing some loading. Just wanted to get in with a group that knows these rounds in and out. I'll be quiet mostly, with an occasional question. Just want to see what everyone has to say.

Shawn
Welcome Shawn!

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 14 Oct 2010, 16:00

Welcome, Shawn.

You found the right place if you want real information, I hope you won't be too quiet, this place only profits from the wisdom of the wise.
Shoot more, worry less.

PainKillaX

Post by PainKillaX » 14 Oct 2010, 16:07

blueorison wrote:Welcome, Shawn.

You found the right place if you want real information, I hope you won't be too quiet, this place only profits from the wisdom of the wise.
Profits are in the red after that little posting spree by blue :p

Welcome to the forum, it is a great place and a wealth of information.

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 14 Oct 2010, 23:58

Welcome aboard!
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

Ulwembu

Post by Ulwembu » 16 Oct 2010, 15:45

Hi everyone!

Thomas here. I shoot dynamic rifle matches all year round with a Dutch custom made AR15 lowe3r receiver (brand is Lamar).
- As uppers I have a 7,62x39 upper. Receiver is TNW. This one has a piston kit by TNW mounted. Due to this, and my love for smooth handguards, my gunsmith made an extra beefy handguard to fit over it.
- 2nd upper is a .223 Rem upper. TNW receiver which will be replaced soon by a Les Baer receiver without forward assist (tighter fit). Bolt carrier has been lathed down similar to the LMS carrier by JP. Also, the buffer has been lightened by taking 3 weights out of it. Barrel and gas block are Double Star. Gas block has been made adjustable by my gunsmith. Barrel was a SS bull barrel that has been lathed down under the handguard for weight and been shortened to 18". On top of that, a JP tactical comp has been mounted. With this upper I came in 9th at the KCR Assault Rifle match last weekend. I shoot 1/2 MOA 5 shot groups at 110 yards with it.
- 3rd upper was also taken with me last week from the States. It's a Double Star upper in .223 Rem. I'll be using the same bolt carrier group as in the second upper for this one. Barrel is a chromed lined heavy barrel 20". It has to be shortened to 18" but am unsure yet if I'll make it feel lighter. This depends on the weight in comparison to the 2nd upper. I want similar set ups. The 2nd upper is used for IPSC rifle matches (less rounds per stage so less heat which is better for SS) and this one will be used for Dynamic Service Rifle (150+ rounds per stage of max. of 5 minutes). Haven't shot it yet so no idea on accuracy.

I shot the DSR matches before for a year with a Ruger 10/22 which had been fully kitted out and a year after that with a Norinco M320 UZI clone. I still have both guns.

Now for the 5.7 part.
I came home last Tuesday from the Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot with a AR-57 upper for my AR15. Probably nothing special to you guys but... I live in the Netherlands and I'm the only shooter over here with this upper and very likely the only shooter to have 5.7x28 FN on his license. I'm not sure yet if I will actively compete in DSR with this set up as I feel that the placement of the magazine will slow me down quite a bit. We'll see. If I get the upper running before the end of the month, I already have an appointment with the biggest gun magazine of the country for a feature article for the December issue.

Loads of people kept telling me that the round was prohibited for civilians, like in Belgium. Well, I'm stubborn and if people tell me it's impossible, I'll just try it. The result can be read above: I did get it on my license and was able to import one.

Now, my biggest problem is ammo. The ammo is not available overhere so I pre-ordered cases to be delivered to a friend in the States before I left and picked it up at his place. I have a 1000 here and left a 1000 due to weight. I'll pick those up next time I get over again (hopefully in 6 months). I'm using LEE dies but found out yesterday evening that the decapper pin retaining nut was stripped and the threads in the die body aren't cut in deep enough. I've emailed them about it so I hope to get an answer on it Monday or so. Still managed to make about 50 rounds.

I've checked the reloading board and came up with N105 (VV powder is easier to get overhere then the others mentioned). I loaded them lightly (8gr) regarding the data found. Bullet is Sierra 40gr BlitzKing.

Any advice is greatly apreciated. I found this forum while looking for loads through Google.

Thanks for letting me ramble. It's been a long post but at least now you know some stuff about me.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 16 Oct 2010, 18:14

Thomas, firstly, kudos on being ballsy enough to do your best to get what you want and import the 5.7 over.

This caliber has the most ignorant of leeches attached to it, and they are filled with noxious illiterate and completely fallacious information and arguments about the caliber.

I'm glad you proved them wrong and shut their giant traps.

I find it very amusing (in the good way!) how proud many Northern Europeans are of their firearms, as they have to go through SO MUCH more work to get one and pay the large amounts of TIME and fees to be able to shoot; furthermore, it's a wonderful thing that you practically train yourself through the DSR's.

To answer your reloading problem, you will want to PM Grantness, and also join the forum as a supporting member. You will receive access to parts of the forum only available to members and be privy to privileged loading data.

Also, WE HIGHLY value PICTURES and video; if you have any of your matches, please do post them. We don't get many N. European shooters in the neck of our woods, as you would understand why.

Cheers, and best wishes. :)
Shoot more, worry less.

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 16 Oct 2010, 20:23

Welcome to the forum!
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

Ulwembu

Post by Ulwembu » 17 Oct 2010, 02:41

blueorison wrote:I find it very amusing (in the good way!) how proud many Northern Europeans are of their firearms, as they have to go through SO MUCH more work to get one and pay the large amounts of TIME and fees to be able to shoot; furthermore, it's a wonderful thing that you practically train yourself through the DSR's.
Well, we can only have 5 fire arms in this country so to us it's a very important item for our sport (and that's the only reason we are allowed to own them, except for hunting but then you need to do a whole study (book of about 3 inches thick) which will cost you a lot of money not even counting the yearly fees you have to pay for land to hunt on).
Luckily uppers aren't included in the maximum and thus we can have as many uppers we want (providing they fit in a certain sport discipline as we call it).
To answer your reloading problem, you will want to PM Grantness, and also join the forum as a supporting member. You will receive access to parts of the forum only available to members and be privy to privileged loading data.
I'll need to check into that. I saw that Grantness posted some reloading data and that's where I got the 8 gr N105 from. A light load aparently but the case was full to the neck.
Also, WE HIGHLY value PICTURES and video; if you have any of your matches, please do post them. We don't get many N. European shooters in the neck of our woods, as you would understand why.
Hmmm... Can I post these here or do I make a new topic somewhere? Not completely sure about the rules overhere. I do have several video's on Youtube (same username) but none of the Dutch DSR matches as we are not allowed to video those. Organisation is to afraid that the public might find our actions to scary and to tactical. And as the public has a great say in things in this country...

By the way, a lot of pictures of the DSR matches can be found on the website of the APS (Association of Practical Shooting): http://www.aps-dsr.nl/site/nl/index.php?categoryid=3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And to end, a picture of my rifle with my IPSC dedicated upper mounted. Hope you guys don't mind:

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 17 Oct 2010, 05:26

Great post!

We allow UNLIMITED video and pictures on this forum, we ENCOURAGE it!

Thanks for the info, great work :cya: :thumb:
Shoot more, worry less.

jmz5
Site Admin

Post by jmz5 » 17 Oct 2010, 16:53

Welcome Ulwembu!
كاف

HeavyDMP
custom title: AutoPistol Collector

Post by HeavyDMP » 17 Oct 2010, 20:42

Welcome! Probst!

West Texas Granny

Post by West Texas Granny » 20 Oct 2010, 10:27

Well hello all. I'm a grandmother who believes in S&W revolvers. Yes I do own a 5.7 pistol and looking to add the PS90 sometime here in the near future. Yes I have a Revolver fetish, I suffer from Black Rifle Disease and a friend if you can call him that has lured me to the Dark Side called Trap and Skeet. I understand there is no cure for that either.

I'm a royal pain and I know it.

My basic belief is that there is no problem that can't be solved with C4.

Again Hi all.

:D

f3rr37
Site Admin

Post by f3rr37 » 20 Oct 2010, 12:18

West Texas Granny wrote:Well hello all. I'm a grandmother who believes in S&W revolvers. Yes I do own a 5.7 pistol and looking to add the PS90 sometime here in the near future. Yes I have a Revolver fetish, I suffer from Black Rifle Disease and a friend if you can call him that has lured me to the Dark Side called Trap and Skeet. I understand there is no cure for that either.

Again Hi all.

Welcome!

When you can't get something to stay together: Duct-tape is the answer.
When you can't get something to come apart: C4.

:p

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 20 Oct 2010, 14:29

West Texas Granny wrote:Well hello all. I'm a grandmother who believes in S&W revolvers. Yes I do own a 5.7 pistol and looking to add the PS90 sometime here in the near future. Yes I have a Revolver fetish, I suffer from Black Rifle Disease and a friend if you can call him that has lured me to the Dark Side called Trap and Skeet. I understand there is no cure for that either.

Again Hi all.

WHERE HAVE BEEN ALL MY LIFE

I believe in the S&W .500 shorty with a brake on it. And the 686 Texas edition. Don't have a revolver disease or infatuation with black rifles at all, but I hear you on the clays.

My flavour is sporting, have you wandered there? Skeet is horridly boring and inane, not to mention, entirely monotonous. Trap at least is not completely predictable and a good warmup or training for leads.

I haven't had experience with C4.

Welcome to the forum, and I'm UT Austin's UTRP Pistol Captain. If you ever want to go carbine/AR shooting, revolver targeting, or clay blasting, come give me a holler.
Shoot more, worry less.

PainKillaX

Post by PainKillaX » 20 Oct 2010, 14:52

:facepalm: ANOTHER Texan?! :laugh: Just messin' with ya, welcome to the forum. It's a great place here.

fatherfoof

Post by fatherfoof » 20 Oct 2010, 18:30

Welcome all! Especially nice to greet a Southern Belle from the Nation of Texas. There are quite a few of us Lone Star Staters here.
Please PM Me for LE/Military Access

FORTIS
Location: LE and Gov Dist: FNH and Barrett- YOUR MISSION is OUR BUSINESS

Post by FORTIS » 20 Oct 2010, 20:16

Hello Everyone- I have trolled the forum for some time and wanted to do help a little and sponsor this platform.

I own a small company that specializes in FN products and services- typically to the LE and Gov communities.

We have been trying to come up with a special for paying members of the forum. I wanted to get your thoughts on products that would be of interest. Our initial thoughts were on the FiveSeven, PS90 USG or the FS2000-

I look forward to helping out here were possible-

chris
LE sales:
http://www.fortis-us.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

f3rr37
Site Admin

Post by f3rr37 » 20 Oct 2010, 20:20

FORTIS wrote:Hello Everyone- I have trolled the forum for some time and wanted to do help a little and sponsor this platform.

I own a small company that specializes in FN products and services- typically to the LE and Gov communities.

We have been trying to come up with a special for paying members of the forum. I wanted to get your thoughts on products that would be of interest. Our initial thoughts were on the FiveSeven, PS90 USG or the FS2000-

chris
Welcome Chris, glad to have another sponsor on board! :)

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 20 Oct 2010, 21:25

Welcome Chris! Do you have a description or website so we can get an idea of what you products/services you have?
How to post pics & videos: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6363
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.

buckett
custom title: Firefighter

Post by buckett » 20 Oct 2010, 21:29

Welcome!!
My goal in life: To be the next John Moses Browning.

It takes 43 muscles to frown... 17 muscles to smile... But only 3 for a proper trigger squeeze.

dynamic_entry

Post by dynamic_entry » 20 Oct 2010, 22:42

Hello guys and girls, I am a newbie here on the forums but an old guy in life. Currently deployed to a lovely place in Africa working with the wonderful (ha) United Nations.
I look forward to chatting with you all.

f3rr37
Site Admin

Post by f3rr37 » 21 Oct 2010, 07:56

dynamic_entry wrote:Hello guys and girls, I am a newbie here on the forums but an old guy in life. Currently deployed to a lovely place in Africa working with the wonderful (ha) United Nations.
I look forward to chatting with you all.
Get out, get out quickly before they start making you wear a blue helmet! :laugh: Welcome!

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 21 Oct 2010, 11:56

FORTIS wrote:Hello Everyone- I have trolled the forum for some time and wanted to do help a little and sponsor this platform.

chris

Any relation to the Fortis Bren ten project?
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

FORTIS

Post by FORTIS » 21 Oct 2010, 21:56

panzermk2 wrote:
FORTIS wrote:

Any relation to the Fortis Bren ten project?
not at all
LE sales:

FORTIS

Post by FORTIS » 21 Oct 2010, 22:07

website is http://www.fortis-us.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

this site is for LE only sales, so closed to most. We are creating a more open section of the site for others but it won't be ready for a while. When it comes to FN it is pretty easy- if they make it I have it or can get it. If I go with a one product special, the prices will be more attractive. What we don't want to do is offer something that is not of interest.
LE sales:

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 21 Oct 2010, 22:54

FORTIS wrote:When it comes to FN it is pretty easy- if they make it I have it or can get it.
SCAR 17 SSR? :drool: (For non LEO types)

fatherfoof

Post by fatherfoof » 22 Oct 2010, 06:07

Welcome!

FORTIS

Post by FORTIS » 23 Oct 2010, 18:28

I think we will go with the following as the first offering to paying members of the site:

One SCAR 16S (Black, NIB): $2,285.
One per member
Member will provide PM me with their local FFL dealer information- WE WILL NOT SHIP TO INDIVIDUALS!
FFL can be sent to [email protected]

I have a few in stock now- when these are gone, I will make a re-order (may take 1-3 weeks).
LE sales:

srt-4_jon

Post by srt-4_jon » 23 Oct 2010, 20:13

How about geatting some five-seven barrels?

FORTIS

Post by FORTIS » 24 Oct 2010, 15:22

are you looking for threaded barrels? If so, I will have some in the first part of the new year.
LE sales:

f3rr37
Site Admin

Post by f3rr37 » 24 Oct 2010, 15:37

Please create a new thread in the appropriate section, this thread is for new member introductions.

Virginian
custom title: Thread Necromancer

Post by Virginian » 04 Nov 2010, 13:48

Hello everyone,

I figured would formally introduce myself here. Avid hunter, fisherman, shooting, reloading and motorcycles. My wife and I live in Northern Virginia grinding it out in the DC crowd in hopes of retiring in the next 10 years.

I've been shooting for 43 years and hunting for about 25 here in VA. I probably enjoy varmint hunting more than anything else. I believe it helps the local farmers with critters working their crops over.

I've had an itch to scratch with the FiveseveN and just ordered one from Charles at A&A Arsenal. Very cool guy to do business with if you haven't yet. I'm in the lurking mode now trying to wrap my arms around reloading this round and the coated brass. :skep: I'm sure I will have many questions as I go along.

I hope I'm able to contribute to this great forum.

Eric

jmz5
Site Admin

Post by jmz5 » 04 Nov 2010, 14:36

Welcome!
كاف

fatherfoof

Post by fatherfoof » 04 Nov 2010, 14:41

Welcome VA!

gerra

Post by gerra » 08 Nov 2010, 11:53

Hello!

My name is Gustaf, and im from Sweden. Last year i joined a pistol shooting club, and after trying many different platforms with rigs to them, i fell for the five-sevens trigger and ergonomics.

Now i have come here looking for tips and tricks, and also to poke around the area of the ps90, a gun that has started to grow on me since i shot one last fall.

Hope to learn much from here!

Best regards // Gustaf

PainKillaX

Post by PainKillaX » 08 Nov 2010, 12:14

Welcome to the forum! You want to know about 5.7x28, this is THE place.

Is it difficult to get firearms in Sweden? I don't know the gun laws for most European countries and was wondering if they make you jump through any hoops.

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 08 Nov 2010, 13:37

Welcome! I don't think we've had anyone from Sweden join the forum before :D

eagleshotz
custom title: You like that

Post by eagleshotz » 17 Nov 2010, 20:06

Rapier1772 wrote:Welcome! I don't think we've had anyone from Sweden join the forum before :D
:ponder:

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 17 Nov 2010, 20:19

gerra wrote:Hello!

My name is Gustaf, and im from Sweden. Last year i joined a pistol shooting club, and after trying many different platforms with rigs to them, i fell for the five-sevens trigger and ergonomics.

Now i have come here looking for tips and tricks, and also to poke around the area of the ps90, a gun that has started to grow on me since i shot one last fall.

Hope to learn much from here!

Best regards // Gustaf
Welcome, Gustaf! You'll find a tonne of information here, let us know if you have any questions! Check out our forumwiki, on the bottom left hand button of the forum banner, it contains a lot of valuable FAQ and loading data! :)
Shoot more, worry less.

Flyboy7

Post by Flyboy7 » 24 Nov 2010, 20:06

After browsing this site for a long time, I finally have joined after my first FN 57 purchase. I've been shooting and reading about the 5.7 systems for years, but always end up purchasing other weapons offered at a price I can't resist. With FN's $200 MIR for retired/active LEO and military, I finally got permission from my wife to buy a FiveseveN. I shoot an average of 3 times per week and own many different guns and calibers. I started a computer repair store after leaving the Executive Operations Unit at the Sheriff's Department years ago.

I have been lurking on the forum for a long time, and look forward to contributing valuable content and posting some interesting videos of the 5.7 round used against a variety of targets.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 24 Nov 2010, 22:07

Welcome to the family, Flyboy.

We look forward to your time and conclusions, in addition to the video of testing you've done. You have undoubtedly already read on many of the threads involving testing. Data points and veracity is what we're about.

Enjoy your stay :)
Shoot more, worry less.

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 24 Nov 2010, 22:26

Another Fly? Uh oh - :D

Welcome!

mattbcnv

Post by mattbcnv » 27 Nov 2010, 20:40

Checkin in from Nevada... Boulder City to be exact!

Have a FiveSeven and a PS90 along with a host of "other" FN Weapons .45 Tactical w/ supressor I own it but do not posess it, a FNAR and a FS2000 .. IMHO are the best weapons on the market today...

mattbcnv

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 30 Nov 2010, 22:37

Welcome Matt

buckett
custom title: Firefighter

Post by buckett » 01 Dec 2010, 07:42

Welcome!
My goal in life: To be the next John Moses Browning.

It takes 43 muscles to frown... 17 muscles to smile... But only 3 for a proper trigger squeeze.

fatherfoof

Post by fatherfoof » 01 Dec 2010, 11:17

Welcome guys!

04WRX

New to the boards and FNH

Post by 04WRX » 09 Dec 2010, 22:51

Hey just wanted to throw a quick thred up. Just got my first Five seveN USG about 2 weeks ago.. LOVE it. Ive been trolling here for a while and finally decided to join.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 09 Dec 2010, 23:11

moved your post to the right thread!

Welcome :)

Pictures and a range report/target pictures are mandatory!!!

Enjoy your stay, WRX :)
Shoot more, worry less.

04WRX

Post by 04WRX » 10 Dec 2010, 14:11

Thanks for the welcome pictures of the gun and targets will come very soon. :thumb:

SteelCity

New member and FiveseveN owner!

Post by SteelCity » 15 Dec 2010, 20:42

New member, just wanted to introduce myself: Im Bill from Pittsburgh,Pa. I went to my local gun shop yesterday to pick up my FiveseveN... I ended up leaving with 2 new guns! The second being a Bushmaster XM15 E2S. Needless to say, I cant wait to hit the shooting range this weekend!

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 15 Dec 2010, 20:59

Nice!
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

Aug312

Post by Aug312 » 16 Dec 2010, 05:57

I don't think I've introduced actually introduced myself.
I'm jacob, I live in Bradenton Florida, I'm brief...

I bought my FsN USG in late April about a week before I deployed (because I absolutely needed it!)
I will be completely honest with you, I thought the "ES Five Seven" was the coolest gun on counterstrike, and that was my main reason for buying it. Unfortunately I only fired 100 rounds before being deployed (weekend only range)
but I will say that I love the gun, and the compliments I got at the range (on the gun, not on my shotgun blast group).

I found this forum through a google search after looking for alternate ammunition for the FsN. Not only did I find the alternate ammunition I was looking for but also a wealth of information on various FNH Firearms.

Anyone here in the Bradenton area, or 101st?

jmz5
Site Admin

Post by jmz5 » 17 Dec 2010, 10:13

Welcome!
كاف

oceanbob

Post by oceanbob » 21 Dec 2010, 21:04

Hi..I am new..and registered....I wonder why the pages are dark and hard to read..?...

Is there a setting I need to click?

Thanks
Bob

Oceanbob

oceanbob

Post by oceanbob » 21 Dec 2010, 21:08

Nevermind....I figured it out..!...hahaha..

sabotteur

Post by sabotteur » 22 Dec 2010, 02:15

Welcome Oceanbob. Make yourself at home!

CenCalSplicer

Post by CenCalSplicer » 22 Dec 2010, 13:37

Welcome to the forum Oceanbob!!!!

jmz5
Site Admin

Post by jmz5 » 23 Dec 2010, 14:12

Welcome!
كاف

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 26 Dec 2010, 17:33

welcome :D
Shoot more, worry less.

Phrenzy

Post by Phrenzy » 10 Jan 2011, 22:38

Hi all, I know I should have posted here before I asked my q's in the five seven forum but better late than never!
I wonder if I'm the first Australian member? You find Aussies on most English speaking forums but it's so hard to buy and own any gun, much less a handgun(nothing else chambered for the 5.7 is legal here) that I doubt there would be more than a handful of people who have used a five seven much less big enough fans to join the forum!

Anyhow the forum looks cool and it's obviously a great resource.

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 11 Jan 2011, 03:41

Welcome to the forum.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

kymarkh

Post by kymarkh » 13 Jan 2011, 06:53

Hello from N. KY. I just won a FN 5.7 handgun in a raffle yesterday, so I'm here reading up and trying to find out just what I've got here. Glad to be a member of the site and hope to learn much.

Llagoud
custom title: A is A

Post by Llagoud » 13 Jan 2011, 13:40

Nice! Congratulations and Welcome! :thumb:

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 13 Jan 2011, 14:41

kymarkh wrote:Hello from N. KY. I just won a FN 5.7 handgun in a raffle yesterday, so I'm here reading up and trying to find out just what I've got here. Glad to be a member of the site and hope to learn much.
Won it in a raffle? How much did the ticket(s) cost you?

PainKillaX

Post by PainKillaX » 13 Jan 2011, 15:12

kymarkh wrote:Hello from N. KY. I just won a FN 5.7 handgun in a raffle yesterday, so I'm here reading up and trying to find out just what I've got here. Glad to be a member of the site and hope to learn much.
If you decide you don't like it, I'll refund the tickets and you can give me another FsN :p
Welcome to the forum! We have a great group of guys and by far the most information available anywhere on the FiveseveN and the 5.7x28 in general.

kymarkh

Post by kymarkh » 14 Jan 2011, 06:25

The tickets were $1.00 each and I bought 2 of them. First time I've ever won anything in my life!

I have the USG model with adjustable sights, the fired casing is from mid-2009. It came in the briefcase-sized black and blue plastic case without any cleaning kit, etc. It's like no other handgun I've ever owned, but the overall size kinda reminds me of the .30 carbine AMT Automag 3 from years ago. The trigger seems way too nice for a polymer handgun. So far so good, it appears to be a keeper!

I was planning on taking it to the range for the first time today at lunch, but as I was loading it into the car this morning I noticed that I had a flat tire... :wall: so back in the safe it went and off to Tire Discounters I go at lunch... I guess karma goes both ways, eh?

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 14 Jan 2011, 13:46

You got a FsN for $2? I hate you Image

Karma is only fair if that new tire costs you around $900 :p :laugh:

iFire
custom title: FsN | PS90

Post by iFire » 14 Jan 2011, 14:23

Rapier1772 wrote:You got a FsN for $2? I hate you Image
:agree: Im a little jealous too

fatherfoof

Post by fatherfoof » 15 Jan 2011, 01:24

All the above, but we are delighted and honored to have you join our ranks. Much kidding, and much serious discussion from reloading to international politics can be found on the pages. Welcome!!

stephane24

Post by stephane24 » 15 Jan 2011, 01:38

hello
I am French gunner (FFT), and I am 38 years old.
I came on your forum to research from information on a gun LAR GRIZZLY.
so long on forum with my questions
cordially

Llagoud
custom title: A is A

Post by Llagoud » 15 Jan 2011, 03:40

Welcome! There's not much here about the Griz, I think just a couple of us have mentioned having them.

Iron Man

Post by Iron Man » 19 Jan 2011, 20:45

Hi gang. I am an avid firearms collector, mostly Walthers, but my collection represents almost every major manufacturer. I just bought my first FN, the Five-seveN, and am amazed by the pistol. I am looking forward to spending a little time here when I'm not working or going to the range. I teach CCDW classes on the side and now carry my FN as often as I can.

The funny thing is the hate spread by other forums about this great pistol and rounds. None of it makes sense, but every firearm has its "haters."

jmz5
Site Admin

Post by jmz5 » 20 Jan 2011, 00:25

Welcome to the site, the hatred is mostly spread by ignorance, the rest is envy. :D
كاف

kymarkh

Post by kymarkh » 21 Jan 2011, 07:00

I've never owned a pistol that inspires such reactions from folks - they seem to either LOVE it or they HATE it!

I was an early Glock adopter and bought the first one I found and even that was nothing compared to the reactions I'm reading on the net for the 5.7 pistol and round. To me its all about hitting the target, and I think this pistol and round might make it easier for me to do so at longer ranges than I can with my other pistol calibers (9mm and .380).

Will it ever replace my G34 or others? Doubt it. But I can see where this pistol definitely has it's niche.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 21 Jan 2011, 10:10

I pretty much let people wag on about what they think and keep silent. There is no point trying to educate someone who is set in ignorance. I completely encourage enlightenment; just don't waste your energies :)

If they would like to listen and ask questions and keep an open mind to something they probably have almost 0 experience with, then they are able to learn.

Welcome to our forum Mark!

Also, we tend to avoid the interwebs for opinions or information on the 5.7x28mm. Except for our forum, where users rely on firsthand results and experiences. Not some "expert" opinion, unchallenged, like other "forums".
Shoot more, worry less.

PainKillaX

Post by PainKillaX » 21 Jan 2011, 10:19

Don't trust their experts. Just our experts. :laugh:

Just playing around. But for real if Jay or Grant tell you not to try something, it's probably best to listen ;)