Customer Service.

Elite Ammunition, makers of custom 5.7x28 ammunition.

Moderators: panzermk2wife, panzermk2

panzermk2
Forum Supporter
Location: Around here it's more like what can we shoot through next.

Customer Service.

Post by panzermk2 » 20 Dec 2012, 11:43

Just because you are a customer does not mean you have the right to be a rude [email protected]
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Re: Customer Service.

Post by Rapier1772 » 20 Dec 2012, 13:00

I believe we've tried to make that point in a couple of threads already. Apparently we're being to veiled in our attempts?
How to post pics & videos: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6363
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.

jgreenberg01
Platinum Member
custom title: FNP-45 Cylon

Post by jgreenberg01 » 20 Dec 2012, 13:08

I was in retail management, in NY, for a loooong time. Trust me when I say that people there had no problem looking you in the eye and saying (and sometimes doing) really stupid things when those selfish, self centered, arrogant, entitled... "customers" encountered any perceived problem.

I had a boss who used to always tell me that "the revenge is in the sale." That statement somehow made me feel better at the time.

I have since thought about it and if it were my business, I would say fuc, er... screw em. And just blacklist the rude a$$ hats that don't understand proper manners and don't know how to get along with the other kids. Revenge is even more satisfying when they come back, all apologetically, begging you to sell them your high-performance product that they can't get elsewhere... and saying "No." to them while smiling.

Just my $0.02...
0100001101101111011011010110010100100000011000010110111001100100001000000111010001100001011010110110010100100000011010010111010000101110

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Post by blueorison » 20 Dec 2012, 13:14

Shut up. You guys don't know anything. You need to appease me, because I'm the customer, and I know everything.

Did you guys not see how my gun has rails?

PSH.

WAIT, WHY ARE YOU GUYS NOT LISTENING TO ME, YOU HAVE TO LISTEN TO ME, I DON'T GET ENOUGH ATTENTION AT HOME, WHERE I STAY ALL DAY.

:lmao:
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

panzermk2
Forum Supporter
Location: Around here it's more like what can we shoot through next.

Post by panzermk2 » 20 Dec 2012, 13:23

jgreenberg01 wrote:I was in retail management, in NY, for a loooong time. Trust me when I say that people there had no problem looking you in the eye and saying (and sometimes doing) really stupid things when those selfish, self centered, arrogant, entitled... "customers" encountered any perceived problem.

I had a boss who used to always tell me that "the revenge is in the sale." That statement somehow made me feel better at the time.

I have since thought about it and if it were my business, I would say fuc, er... screw em. And just blacklist the rude a$$ hats that don't understand proper manners and don't know how to get along with the other kids. Revenge is even more satisfying when they come back, all apologetically, begging you to sell them your high-performance product that they can't get elsewhere... and saying "No." to them while smiling.

Just my $0.02...
:thumb:

This is one of the times it's great to be da King.

For years when I worked in the field certain customers would lie to the office at to what happened at their shop. They would do this to get a reduction in the service ticket or a free shipment of ink. They justified this by saying it's just business. Service with parts could easily run into 40 to 80 grand. Ink cost about that also. They knew damn well after I spent 30+ hours straight working to get their machine up and running they would pull this shit.

Years ago I worked for and old Jew. He always told me "You can't afford to loose a customer and some customers you can't afford to keep" He would say this about 5 minutes after kicking some asshole out of his repair shop.

Well now it's my damn company and if you want to act like an asshole to me over the phone I will give it right back at you. Trust me I have been dealt the worst from an asshole who makes these fools look like babies in the woods.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 20 Dec 2012, 16:57

I admit I went off on a customer service rep this past year even though I knew it wasn't her fault. They wouldn't make changes to my account & it was costing me a small fortune. I was assured it was taken care of the 2nd time but apparently not. Well, the 3rd time I went off - enough of this polite & polite but stern crap, it got me nowhere. I got rude. And I got results.

I try to be nice but if the smegheads won't listen to me on multiple occasions, someone is going to endure some vocal violence. I wish it was the same person that I spoke to the previous time but after ~3 months, I never remember his/her name.
How to post pics & videos: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6363
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.

TEBO

Post by TEBO » 21 Dec 2012, 14:51

I run a store... Retail ive been here about 3 years, I make the calls and decisions and i have had to only twice, kick someone out of the store... the first there was some profanity exchanges, but the easiest way for me to break it down is. Customer service is not just about serving the customer its about exceeding customer expectation. Well sometimes their expectations are just to high.

JoJo

Post by JoJo » 22 Dec 2012, 07:54

panzermk2 wrote:
jgreenberg01 wrote:I was in retail management, in NY, for a loooong time. Trust me when I say that people there had no problem looking you in the eye and saying (and sometimes doing) really stupid things when those selfish, self centered, arrogant, entitled... "customers" encountered any perceived problem.

Just my $0.02...
:thumb:

My old wisened boss used to say "Anybody can handle a nice easy customer. The trick is to make money off of a Son-of-a ......". My old boss sat on the board of General Mills!

smpsmp

Post by smpsmp » 23 Dec 2012, 01:09

I've only gone off on someone once, and borderline another time.

The first time where I was ready to go off was on someone at ATT due to them wasting my time and giving me the run around. Finally I just said I want to talk to your supervisor and no one else. I'm not going to complain about you, but I'm done talking to you. It all ended well once I stopped getting the run around.

The second time didn't end so well. I ended up taking a hit on some AR lowers that faulty, and the owner of the company wouldn't warranty them. I should have done my homework on the company before hand and I wouldn't have seen they have nothing but bad reviews. But I needed lowers for the shop, they had them, and I ordered them. Right around the same time I ordered the lowers I noticed one of their complete rifles I got in from a distributor was screwed up too. The front sight post was canted (clamp on YHM model). So I check to line it up with the gas port and realize that wasn't drilled straight. Took a loss on that one too since I had to go through and fix that since they wouldn't warranty it due to me unscrewing the front sight post when the thing wasn't even tightened down to start with. I can't even begin to say what all I said to the owner of the place on here. When I was going off he hung up, I called back and told him I wasn't finished and started right up where I left off. Yea we don't carry their guns or lowers anymore.