Elite Ammuntion (Discussion)

Elite Ammunition, makers of custom 5.7x28 ammunition.

Moderators: panzermk2wife, panzermk2

Lobo
Gold Member

Re: Elite Ammunition (panzermk2wife & panzermk2)

Post by Lobo » 26 Apr 2012, 17:24

your call on that (and your loss), I was happy to send in my 5.7 for the trigger work done (hated not having her for that time but it was worth it), I'm happy enough to put my second 5.7 on the waiting list.....now it they would offer to work the mag's to be like Blue's (weighted so it slides out), I would really be happy :D

FYI - they are a small husband & wife business and for all the work they do (and home life, kid life, etc), it is totally amazing that they do it so well....of course no one is perfect (especially comparing them to the big places & companies) but I'll still be happy to spend money on their work....(and take your place in line :cool: )

"Shouldn't we read the instructions?" - Hobbes
"Do I look like a sissy?" - Calvin

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Post by blueorison » 26 Apr 2012, 17:29

Lobo wrote:your call on that (and your loss), I was happy to send in my 5.7 for the trigger work done (hated not having her for that time but it was worth it), I'm happy enough to put my second 5.7 on the waiting list.....now it they would offer to work the mag's to be like Blue's (weighted so it slides out), I would really be happy :D

FYI - they are a small husband & wife business and for all the work they do (and home life, kid life, etc), it is totally amazing that they do it so well....of course no one is perfect (especially comparing them to the big places & companies) but I'll still be happy to spend money on their work....(and take your place in line :cool: )

Thanks for posting a Calvin and Hobbes -ism.

You made my day :)

The mags aren't weighted so much as they are modded with baseplate retention pins and Pro-mod feed-lip protectors. Your mags should pop out, even when empty, with a good force. However, if it doesn't, I'm sure EA can help you out! :)
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

Lobo
Gold Member

Post by Lobo » 26 Apr 2012, 17:45

well, I do have the lip feed on and most of them pop out when I pratice quick re-loadeds, just a few that don't *grumble*

Mom and Dad say I should make my life an example of the principles I believe
in. But every time I do, they tell me to stop it. - Calvin

David0Lt

Post by David0Lt » 26 Apr 2012, 18:41

Lobo wrote:your call on that (and your loss), I was happy to send in my 5.7 for the trigger work done (hated not having her for that time but it was worth it), I'm happy enough to put my second 5.7 on the waiting list.....now it they would offer to work the mag's to be like Blue's (weighted so it slides out), I would really be happy :D

yea if you read on my frist post i explained i realized that they were a small buisness and such, so i do understand. but if your going to accuse me that i never responded when no messages were sent, thats a different story. argument was never against the quality of there workmanship. thats why im still going to buy their ammunition. the issue was misplacement of information. maybe they did forget. but how can you tell me to wait longer. we were odviously communicating, so how come this is the first time im getting told to send in my laz now? and if you failed to communicate something so simple should i risk sending in my stuff. will something get miscommunicated there too? thats my arguement. again I LOVE THEIR AMMO. and i do realize issues will accure w a smaller buisness.

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Elite Ammuntion (Discussion)

Post by Rapier1772 » 26 Apr 2012, 20:55

This thread is split from the discussion that was happening in the classifieds feedback section. Please do not comment further in the feedback section except in direct regards to a purchase/attempted purchase that you, personally, have made.

Apparently I messed up the move (hence the strange order) so here are the posts which began the discussion. Keep it civil
David0Lt wrote:*update
i was told that they tried to contact me several times to send out my virdian laz/light. i never received any emails. placed my order on Jan. 6th. i contacted them on Apr 20 and asked how much longer it would take and was told to wait. emailed them back on april 25 to ask about it and was told they tried to contact me several times already without a responce, because they needed my laz/light. i canceled my order today. i figure if they lied about contacting me i dont really want to send anything expensive over there. i dont mind taking the 20$ hit to cancel, its just annoying that i waited this long when i could have gone else were.

i still will buy all the ammunition from them. but i dont feel comfortable with them doing any custom work or sending them my 57 to do a trigger job.
David0Lt wrote:iv had a relativly good experience w them. the ONLY problem is my holster is been on order for 4 months so far. i will state that i do realize that the time frame are estimate as posted

"I cannot STRESS enough that everything you see here is CUSTOM MADE off our premises and we have NO CONTROL on the EXACT TIME FRAME.

The time frames are all ESTIMATED
"

but it also states

"These ARE custom made for each order and the ESTIMATED time frame is 6 to 8 weeks A 10% cancellation fee applies to Custom Orders cancelled before they are shipped. Once shipped, orders cannot be cancelled "

thats like going to a restaurant saying its a 30min wait and 2 hours later your still not seated. on top of that i lose 25$ to cancel my order because only god know when it will be, if at all, finished?! in their defence it is a small buisness. and i love EA. and still support it. i just dont support the estimated time frame of 6-8weeks, specially when there is a 10% cancel fee. -1 point

i had moved and they changed the shipping address after i order somethings. and they were fast enought to make the changes before they shipped to the wrong address. +.5 points for that. (its only .5 because the rest of my order has yet to be made and sent out)

iv bought from them about 6 boxes of assorted ammo. with more on the way. i will aggree that messaging to them sometimes dont get answered correctly. but again, small buisness and i understand they are most likly overwhelled by the demand. im pretty sure that one panzer guy on here is the owner of it or something. at least you know you will acctually be heard unlike biger corperations
How to post pics & videos: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6363
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.

Lobo
Gold Member

Post by Lobo » 26 Apr 2012, 23:53

David0Lt wrote:

yea if you read on my frist post i explained i realized that they were a small buisness and such, so i do understand. but if your going to accuse me that i never responded when no messages were sent, thats a different story. argument was never against the quality of there workmanship. thats why im still going to buy their ammunition. the issue was misplacement of information. maybe they did forget. but how can you tell me to wait longer. we were odviously communicating, so how come this is the first time im getting told to send in my laz now? and if you failed to communicate something so simple should i risk sending in my stuff. will something get miscommunicated there too? thats my arguement. again I LOVE THEIR AMMO. and i do realize issues will accure w a smaller buisness.

nope, never said that to you, matter of fact if you can point it out where I said that then I will acknowledge that I wrong.....but after re-reading all the posts I believe it was you that brought it up in your story, not me. I only said that I was happy with their work and I'm willing to take your place in the line, I also said that it's your loss.......

"be vewry, verwy qwiet...i'm huntin' jedi...here obi, obi, obi...got a nice
lightsabre for ya.."

Buffman
Silver Member

Re: Elite Ammuntion (Discussion)

Post by Buffman » 27 Apr 2012, 15:08

I'm just used to waiting for quality products. I remember waiting 6 months for custom
Made headers for my roadmaster because only one shop made long tubes. My powdercoater would take forever but the stuff was amazing.

Hell customized creationz (refinisher) is out quite a few weeks as well.

Could jay and Lisa use another person responsible for more of the communications? Probably, but they still do a damn fine job as Is

fd57

Post by fd57 » 27 Apr 2012, 15:30

It's okay that some folks are happy, some are indifferent, and some are unhappy. Or a mix therein. You're not gonna get 100% customer satisfaction, and that is okay. It is very likely that there exists more than one customer with, from their perspective, a legitimate complaint against EA. As they see it. If the majority are happy with the service they've received from EA then it would appear things are for the most part going alright. Any number of circumstances or variables can lead to a dissatisfied customer, some within control and others outside of control. If nothing else unhappy or dissatisfied customers give merchants the opportunity to learn and improve if they desire.

MikeSantor
Gold Member

Post by MikeSantor » 27 Apr 2012, 16:37

Buffman wrote:I'm just used to waiting for quality products.
:thumb:
I just waited 4 months for a flashlight...

fd57 wrote:It's okay that some folks are happy, some are indifferent, and some are unhappy. Or a mix therein. You're not gonna get 100% customer satisfaction, and that is okay. It is very likely that there exists more than one customer with, from their perspective, a legitimate complaint against EA. As they see it. If the majority are happy with the service they've received from EA then it would appear things are for the most part going alright. Any number of circumstances or variables can lead to a dissatisfied customer, some within control and others outside of control. If nothing else unhappy or dissatisfied customers give merchants the opportunity to learn and improve if they desire.
Best post in this thread.

Im a VERY customer satisfaction driven person and I can tell you, There are some people that DONT want to be satisfied with your service. They just look for every chance and reason to be dissatisfied.

There is no correlation to this statement above and the OP. Im not commenting on him or his/this situation. Just a thought from the "customer satisfaction" point of vue...

David0Lt

Post by David0Lt » 29 Apr 2012, 19:24

i understand what you guys are talking about. im in the retail business and all i look at is complaints and satisfaction. i will i i almost NEVER complain because i know the feeling. if i learned anything from running a retail businesses its communication is a main key point in growth.

lobo - it was your aggressive tone toward MY encounters with EA. fiy = for your information (again aggressive), which i already stated in my previous posts about there business.

i will say i am talking with EA to fix the problem and hopfully get my holster soon! it seemed like it was a miscommunication error on both sides that EA is trying to correct. im not saying im impatient about wait for quality products. but how would u feel if you were wait on something when nothing was happening? then to find out 4 months later they were waiting on you. i spent alittle over 200$ on EA because i feel they will give me a better product then the 60$ holsters i see around. if anything my posts here should show how EA makes good quality products.

Lobo
Gold Member

Post by Lobo » 29 Apr 2012, 21:55

David0Lt - FYI is just that, for your information.......aggressive tone? wow, didn't realize that was a aggressive tone. As to your knowledge that they are the only ones working there, I wasn't sure based on what you were saying (not happy with the wait or communication lack). I can give you plently of advice in regards to waiting, since you get what you pay for. But I'm sure you don't want that from me *shrug*

"Nothing inspires forgiveness quit like revenge" -Dogbert

David0Lt

Post by David0Lt » 30 Apr 2012, 17:47

everything u stated helped with nothing. the topic revolved around an issue that i had with ea. how else am i suppose to take such comments from you, except for being aggressive.

its like me saying my toyota worked fine, it never slammed into the wall from the pedle being stuck so imma go buy another one... and a third one to prove a point.

*and i quote* "I cannot STRESS enough that everything you see here is CUSTOM MADE off our premises and we have NO CONTROL on the EXACT TIME FRAME."

how does the amount of workers at EA's shop interfear with the time frame, when they product is being made off their premiss? from what i can only assume is another thrid party company.

i wasnt asking anything from you to begin with. thats why this topic was originally on the feedback section where it should have stayed. if i were to say nothing i would have wait for nothing to ever come. i thought i was inquiring about the status of the holster when i last spoke with them. they said everything was good. and thats where the communication error was. good to EA ment it was still active and they were waiting for my lazer. good to me ment i should wait longer untill they send me my holster. i dont see how the information i wrote out infered that i was impacient, seeing how i waited 4 month when the estimated time was 1.5 months. specially when i asked about it 2.5 months later and i thought i was told everything was fine. is it unreasonable for me to be annoyed by the situation?

fd57

Post by fd57 » 30 Apr 2012, 17:59

David0Lt,
You may have seen this in other forums, but if not, just realize that in any forum if you post content that can be interpreted as negative, attacking, critical or complaining in nature, there will be X number of others who will post either A) they've had nothing but good experience(s) and/or B) they will post content that supports the person/company you're "criticizing/complaining against/reviewing". It's just a given. So try not to take it personally, even if one or more posts are or seem personal in nature.

From your perspective, with your knowledge and experience, you've got feedback that may be viewed as a gripe, and you posted it. The X factor as noted above swooped in to defend EA as expected (as they would in any forum for any person/company/product). You don't have to defend your viewpoint unless you choose to. Don't let others get your rounds short set ;)

panzermk2wife
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2wife » 01 May 2012, 07:58

I will not say much but this
I have cancelled that part of your order 30 seconds ago without penalty.
Visit Us on FaceBook
https://www.facebook.com/EliteAmmunition5.7x28mm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Leave Us Feedback on the Forum
http://www.fivesevenforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=8630" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Smithy

Post by Smithy » 01 May 2012, 09:55

Many times a one or two person business really does some really high quality work or produces a new, innovative product. Usually they are on an internet "list" being very helpful and sharing information freely. The uniqueness of their product/service makes them the "go to" people.

But, many times this popularity is a double edged sword. They get over-loaded, behind in orders, and just want to have a life. Customers screaming for their order when the kid has been up all night with a cold doesn't make for a wonderful workday. It could be one of a hundred things. This seems to happen a lot with "hobby" businesses.

Most of the reason for this is a lack of communication between buyer and seller...and the other businesses that have suffered with this problem have all gone belly up. I surely hope this does not happen to EA.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Post by blueorison » 01 May 2012, 16:50

Smithy wrote:Many times a one or two person business really does some really high quality work or produces a new, innovative product. Usually they are on an internet "list" being very helpful and sharing information freely. The uniqueness of their product/service makes them the "go to" people.

But, many times this popularity is a double edged sword. They get over-loaded, behind in orders, and just want to have a life. Customers screaming for their order when the kid has been up all night with a cold doesn't make for a wonderful workday. It could be one of a hundred things. This seems to happen a lot with "hobby" businesses.

Most of the reason for this is a lack of communication between buyer and seller...and the other businesses that have suffered with this problem have all gone belly up. I surely hope this does not happen to EA.
When EA goes belly up, which it has done, many times in the past,

it's because it's so full of orders that it bit off so much that it needs to lie down and digest, then start poopin out ammo.

:guns: :cool:

*runs from Lisa*
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

brianz

Post by brianz » 02 May 2012, 04:45

I'm not sure about the events that started this discussion (I can infer all I want but it seems there is a post missing), all I know is that good things come to those willing to wait for it.

Cyberfly
Global Moderator
custom title: Mens Room Attendant

Post by Cyberfly » 02 May 2012, 05:49

If I may, I'd like to toss in my two cents on EA as well.
I've only had limited purchases with them in the past, but I can tell you that the quality was excellent, the wait was acceptable and I was informed up front of the reason WHY .223 ammunition was in short supply. But once Jay got his hands on the brass, my order was filled and I was a happy camper.
Now, truth be told, I've known Jay & Lisa for many years and I've been privy to a LOT of the ups and downs that they've had to endure. Honestly? I probably would have thrown my hands up a long time ago and walked away. Yet, they've endured. Not only have they endured, but they've continued to innovate new products to meet an expanding market.
As more and more people began reloading this round themselves, Jay brought those hard-to-find products to the market that FiveseveN reloaders needed AT AN AFFORDABLE PRICE. He could have had that market cornered but instead, he pretty much sold those needed peices at cost.
Nobody really realizes the amount of research and develpment that Jay & Lisa put into each and every new product that they bring to market. Jay tests and tests and tests and test...and then tests some more before he announces new products will SOON be ready. And even then, they may not cut the mustard.
He's always looking for that one new thing that may be the new benchmark.
For the longest time, Jay has stood behind EA unconditionally. I think he always will. I can't help but respect him for that. However, sometimes, when you stand behind your products unconditionally, people will try to take advantage of that. When it becomes blatant, well...that's when Lisa gets mad and...she gets grumpy. Sometimes that grumpy carries over...to the next year! LOL!! LOVE YOU LISA!
Look, I truly feel for Lisa. She has to wear so many hats. Mom, wife, CFO, shipping clerk, IT expert, Mustang Model... and still run the business side of EA? And that's just off the top of my head. Plus she has to deal with everybody, good and bad, happy and mad, satisfied or not, all while juggling everything else.
TRUE, it's her choice. I just don't envy her. I definitely would not WANT her job.
When you're trying to run a small town business, that is hard enough. When you're trying to run one that has gone national due to the internet, that is even harder. But once it has gone international and the orders get huge? OMG.
Anywho. That's my two cents. Take it or leave it, for whatever its worth.
Never confuse 'The will of the Majority' with 'The will of God'.
**This post created with 100% recycled photons!**

justa22

Post by justa22 » 02 May 2012, 07:48

All the products I have ordered from Elite have been first class, any thing that is done right takes time, send a gun to a first class smith, any where, and it takes time, however you get a first rate product or service. took my classic muscle car to "the best" around here, for paint, 8 months later I got the car back, it was beautiful. In this "throw away" country it is my pleasure to get my stuff or product done right, I'll wait and enjoy in the end.

flyingirish04
Gold Member
custom title: Mtn Man in Flatland

Post by flyingirish04 » 02 May 2012, 08:04

Since Ryan has been taken out of the business, I think the waiting period has dropped significantly. That is a credit to Jay and Lisa.

All that being said, I have waited 9 months for a custom action before. From a very reputable company. I have waited 6 months for a stock. I have waited 5 months for a barrel. All of those items had an estimated delivery time of "12 weeks". I waited three months for a custom scope that was supposed to take "2-4 wks". I waited 9 months for a factory produced Ruger Alaskan.

The fact is that with all the compliance nonsense these gun companies have to deal with, they can't just expand businesses at will. It is way too risky, and even more costly. You want small and large firearms related businesses to improve on delivery times, start kicking out ANY politician that favors adding to US Code without eliminating useless regulations and rules.

That isn't a stretch, that is exactly what is causing such a logjam in the firearms industry.
Killed Two Stones with One Bird.