Page 1 of 1

WTB: Looking for Elite Ammunition self-defense rounds.

Posted: 24 Jul 2013, 18:21
by Const Advocate
I'm looking to purchase some of Elite's self-defense ammo... Preferably S4M, copper T6, or ProtecTOR. Let me know what you have and how much you'd like for it. Thank you!

Re: WTB: Looking for Elite Ammunition self-defense rounds.

Posted: 24 Jul 2013, 20:10
by NWmissouriman
Not to burst your bubble, but you better go to gunbroker. I can't seem to find anyone on here willing to part with any.

Re: WTB: Looking for Elite Ammunition self-defense rounds.

Posted: 25 Jul 2013, 05:35
by fd57
The thing is expect to pay for what you want. Highly unlikely anyone is going to part with their Elite Ammo at the price they paid for it.

While the prices aren't commanding what they were back in January of this year they are still significantly more than the price Elite sells their loads at.

Re: WTB: Looking for Elite Ammunition self-defense rounds.

Posted: 25 Jul 2013, 21:00
by Const Advocate
I'd be content paying someone here double the sticker price Elite Ammunition charges; however, gunbroker prices are just ridiculous - I've decided after some thought, considering that Elite hopefully will produce again very soon and I'd feel like an idiot rushing it and paying gunbroker prices.

By the way: Do you think Elite will produce their rounds again in the near future? I know supplies are dry, but if you had to make an educated guess on a time frame, what would you say? :ponder:

Re: WTB: Looking for Elite Ammunition self-defense rounds.

Posted: 25 Jul 2013, 21:58
by blueorison
Why would you ask someone to twiddle their thumbs and guess at a timeframe when they have just as many facts about the matter as you do. Does two guessing people make it better than one? :)

I would pay whatever I thought my defense was worth. Which is a lot of money. If I had a lot of money.

Re: WTB: Looking for Elite Ammunition self-defense rounds.

Posted: 25 Jul 2013, 22:53
by Const Advocate
blueorison wrote:Why would you ask someone to twiddle their thumbs and guess at a timeframe when they have just as many facts about the matter as you do. Does two guessing people make it better than one? :)
I thought other forum members who are more experienced and educated on Elite's 5.7x28 than myself would be able to make a better guess than I could. And yes, two is almost always better than one.
blueorison wrote:I would pay whatever I thought my defense was worth. Which is a lot of money. If I had a lot of money.
:agree:
Defense is of course worth more than we could even calculate, I agree 100% with you... But paying a lot of money vs. having a lot of money is one significant issue for me as well. Another issue is paying $200 on gunbroker and then seeing Elite make more ammo available for a fraction of the price shortly after winning my bid.

Re: WTB: Looking for Elite Ammunition self-defense rounds.

Posted: 27 Jul 2013, 23:56
by flyingirish04
I have a lot of first gen ProtecTORs. I mean so first gen they are in the old vaccum bags. I also have some PenetraTORs.

PM me with a reasonable offer.

I do have some first gen tridents too btw. Those would cost you a lot more though, because I don't want to part with them.

But everything is for sale for the right price.

Re: WTB: Looking for Elite Ammunition self-defense rounds.

Posted: 28 Jul 2013, 11:21
by fd57
Const Advocate wrote:Another issue is paying $200 on gunbroker and then seeing Elite make more ammo available for a fraction of the price shortly after winning my bid.
Welcome to a free market where capitalism reigns.

:)

So you've to decide what you want and need and what it means to you. That way if you invest at $250/box and Elite offers it at $45/box three weeks later you're still okay with your investment.

Re: WTB: Looking for Elite Ammunition self-defense rounds.

Posted: 28 Jul 2013, 13:01
by flyingirish04
fd57 wrote:
Const Advocate wrote:Another issue is paying $200 on gunbroker and then seeing Elite make more ammo available for a fraction of the price shortly after winning my bid.
Welcome to a free market where capitalism reigns.

:)

So you've to decide what you want and need and what it means to you. That way if you invest at $250/box and Elite offers it at $45/box three weeks later you're still okay with your investment.
:agree: its the big boy program out there.

Re: WTB: Looking for Elite Ammunition self-defense rounds.

Posted: 10 Aug 2013, 22:00
by Reverend Herc
http://www.fivesevenforum.com/viewtopic ... 38&t=14962" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The ball is on your court....