Page 13 of 13

Re: Ft. Hood

Posted: 06 Jun 2013, 18:24
by Stitches1974
Surprised no one has posted this yet. http://www.wnd.com/2013/05/fort-hood-sh ... ing-trial/


"(Washington Times) Nidal Malik Hasan, the U.S. Army Major accused of killing 13 and injuring 30 others in a mass shooting at Fort Hood, Texas on November 5, 2009, has received around $278,000 in salary payments over the three-and-a-half years he has been awaiting trial.

According to an NBC 5 Investigates report from Dallas-Fort Worth NBC affiliate NBC 5, a spokesperson for the Department of Defense confirmed its continued payments to Hasan, stating that the department can’t suspend his salary until he has been proven guilty."

Yet, his victims have not gotten any restitution and having issues getting VA/ service benefits. :ponder: :wall: :furious:

Re: Ft. Hood

Posted: 06 Jun 2013, 18:48
by Rapier1772
I knew about the pay until guilty thing but his victims & their families? WTF?

Re: Ft. Hood

Posted: 08 Jun 2013, 10:37
by Stitches1974
Rapier1772 wrote:I knew about the pay until guilty thing but his victims & their families? WTF?
One of the survivors of the shooting actually started a fund to help support the other survivors.
http://www.32stillstanding.com/Fort_Hoo ... en_TX.html

Re: Ft. Hood

Posted: 23 Aug 2013, 11:26
by Rapier1772
I guess he doesn't get paid any more
http://news.yahoo.com/fort-hood-gunman- ... ories.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hasan was found guilty on all counts, including 13 charges of premeditated murder and 32 counts of attempted murder.
Sentencing next week

Maybe we can take his pay back to offset a bit of the legal bills?
The military spent four years and $5 million to ensure Hasan would be convicted and be eligible for a death sentence.
$5 million? Why?

Based on what I've read, I am pretty sure he wants to die. Hope he gets his wish.

Re: Ft. Hood

Posted: 23 Aug 2013, 13:42
by Cyberfly
Death by a thousand paper cuts, then rolled in pig waste and pork blood and let him die by infection.
He can await his 72 Virginians in the afterlife...

Re: Ft. Hood

Posted: 28 Aug 2013, 12:02
by Rapier1772
Fort Hood Shooter Nidal Hasan Gets Death Penalty
http://news.yahoo.com/fort-hood-shooter ... ories.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Maj. Nidal Hasan, the Army psychiatrist accused of killing 13 people in a shooting rampage at Ft. Hood, was unanimously sentenced to death today by a jury of military officers.
[Unfortunately]
Executions in the military are rare. All death sentences are subject to automatic appeal, a process that can take decades. There are currently five inmates on the military's death row, but an active serviceman has not been executed since 1961.
Over the course of the three week trial, the government called 89 witnesses, none of whom the major cross-examined. He called none of his own witnesses and immediately rested his case when he had the chance to defend himself.
Like I said, he wants to die. I say we hasten that along but now the appeal process starts (its an automatic thing apparently). Waste of money

Also, can we please stop calling him Major now?

Re: Ft. Hood

Posted: 28 Aug 2013, 14:22
by blueorison
You mean stop calling him Major? Yeah. Agreed.

Re: Ft. Hood

Posted: 03 Jan 2014, 15:20
by kismetcapitan
ShockedNKansas wrote:There's been a lot of talk in the hearing about the victim's autopsy reports. This is going to sound sick but... is there a way for us to see them? Perhaps via the Freedom of Information Act?
While it's morbid to glean data from the autopsies of the victims of a psychotic murderer, it is hard data concerning the performance of the 5.7x28mm round.

- Hasan scored 18 torso or head hits. 13 died, 5 survived.
- 28 victims were hit in non-vital areas or limbs. All survived.
- Hasan was charged by four people. 1 survived. None were successful in reaching him.
- The SS197 round shattered a femur, making it impossible for Officer Munley to continue to engage her target.
- Hasan, who was clearly suicidal, was finally stopped by four 9mm rounds. He (unfortunately) survived as a paraplegic.

There are plenty of debates regarding the Five-seveN as a "viable" personal defense handgun. By personal defense, what we really mean is how effective is the weapon against human targets. Since the public does not have ready access to anti-personnel performance of the Five-seveN by the Secret Service or other government/LE agencies, the Fort Hood massacre is really the only source of data available. And it answers many questions that ballistic gel cannot and really should put the argument to rest.

- As expected, shot placement matters. This implies that a firearm that is easier to shoot on target will be more deadly than one that is difficult to control, REGARDLESS of caliber.
- Any bullet that can shatter a bone will stop an attacker. In the oft-repeated hypothetical scenario of a drugged and unstoppable assailant high on PCP or some other anesthetizing drug, even if he cannot feel pain, he cannot continue to charge with a shattered leg.
- The Fort Hood incident is notable in that four individuals charged the shooter, and all were stopped before they could reach him. For stopping power, the Five-seveN was 100% effective. And if anyone were to argue that those attempting to stop and disarm Hasan were sober, I submit that a US Army soldier, motivated to save the lives of others without regard to personal safety and acting on that motivation, is as physically difficult to stop as any human may be.

Stopping power is often equated with a round's ability to instantaneously kill a human. Stopping power in reality is the ability of a round to stop a human from attacking, and lethality is not inherently a part of stopping an attack. I selected the Five-seveN after becoming convinced from available data (most notably the above massacre) that the 5.7x28 round is at least as effective as a 9mm (and probably more so) and noting that it is easier to put rounds quickly on target with the 5.7x28 than any other available pistol round with the exception of subsonic match grade .22LR. It is very tragic that a psychotic employed a weapon as lethal as the Five-seveN to commit such an atrocity. And it leaves no question as to the lethality or stopping power of the Five-seveN.

This post may be quoted or cross-posted.

Re: Ft. Hood

Posted: 03 Jan 2014, 22:51
by panzermk2
kismetcapitan wrote:
ShockedNKansas wrote:T

There are plenty of debates regarding the Five-seveN as a "viable" personal defense handgun. By personal defense, what we really mean is how effective is the weapon against human targets. Since the public does not have ready access to anti-personnel performance of the Five-seveN by the Secret Service or other government/LE agencies, the Fort Hood massacre is really the only source of data available. And it answers many questions that ballistic gel cannot and really should put the argument to rest.
.

Actually there are hundreds almost thousands of reports from south of the boarder. The FsN is the preferred gun of the drug cartels and is used to kill peolpe daily.

Re: Ft. Hood

Posted: 03 Jan 2014, 23:54
by kismetcapitan
panzermk2 wrote:
kismetcapitan wrote:
ShockedNKansas wrote:T

There are plenty of debates regarding the Five-seveN as a "viable" personal defense handgun. By personal defense, what we really mean is how effective is the weapon against human targets. Since the public does not have ready access to anti-personnel performance of the Five-seveN by the Secret Service or other government/LE agencies, the Fort Hood massacre is really the only source of data available. And it answers many questions that ballistic gel cannot and really should put the argument to rest.
.

Actually there are hundreds almost thousands of reports from south of the boarder. The FsN is the preferred gun of the drug cartels and is used to kill peolpe daily.
Exactly! It boggles my mind when someone calls it a toy, a plinker, or an overpriced .22. If those who commit violent crimes are hip to the lethality of the Five-seveN, it most certainly is more than enough for lawful use in self defense, home invasion, or stopping an extremely violent crime in progress.

Re: Ft. Hood

Posted: 04 Jan 2014, 09:48
by Buffman
But wait I can just post the same thread about small caliber PDW's from the Doc and it's all over :|

Re: Ft. Hood

Posted: 04 Jan 2014, 09:51
by Rapier1772
You mean the dentist data from 20ys ago?

You forgot the sarcasm font

Re: Ft. Hood

Posted: 04 Jan 2014, 10:03
by Buffman
That's pink right?

Re: Ft. Hood

Posted: 04 Jan 2014, 10:29
by kismetcapitan
I just looked at that thread. It's strange, that's for certain. Lots of people citing this test or that test. No one citing the available data on 5.7 performance against humans

Or perhaps their biases lead them to ignore the anti-personnel performance of one cowardly psychiatrist with little handgun experience, armed with a FsN. In the hands of a trained operator highly motivated to protect, it logically will be equally if not more lethal.

Re: Ft. Hood

Posted: 04 Jan 2014, 10:53
by Rapier1772
Buffman wrote:That's pink right?
Yeah but just use the sarcasm button, it will take care of the coloring.

Although perthonally, I'd have gone for a lighter shade. :laugh:

Re: Ft. Hood

Posted: 07 Feb 2015, 03:21
by Ditch
WASHINGTON — The Army announced Friday that it will award the Purple Heart and its civilian counterpart, the Secretary of Defense Medal for the Defense of Freedom, to victims of a 2009 shooting at Fort Hood, Texas.
http://www.stripes.com/news/army-to-awa ... s-1.328220" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Re: Ft. Hood

Posted: 07 Feb 2015, 06:54
by Stitches1974
Ditch wrote:
WASHINGTON — The Army announced Friday that it will award the Purple Heart and its civilian counterpart, the Secretary of Defense Medal for the Defense of Freedom, to victims of a 2009 shooting at Fort Hood, Texas.
http://www.stripes.com/news/army-to-awa ... s-1.328220" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
About effing time. It should have been awarded from the get go. Hopefully the special benefits that go along with the award will help some of those families.

Re: Ft. Hood

Posted: 07 Feb 2015, 07:07
by jgreenberg01
Wait, does this mean this was more than your typical workplace violence by an individual screaming allahu akbar?