Ft. Hood

Discuss the politics behind the gun industry.
fatherfoof

Re: More bad press for the FsN

Post by fatherfoof » 09 Nov 2009, 14:43

Welcome Epi! We're delighted to have you join us and we've been closely watching the investigation.
Please PM Me for LE/Military Access

User42

Re: Ft. Hood

Post by User42 » 09 Nov 2009, 22:27

This was not an irrational random act, he brought the guns and multiple loaded magazines with the intent to harm as many people as possible. I believe 100% that if anyone qualified with small arms was allowed to open carry at work, he would have picked an easier target. I'm surprised they would even consider letting soldiers go to work armed though, I would expect the kneejerk response to be heavier screening in an attempt to catch unauthorized firearms at the gate. It wouldn't work of course, or at least wouldn't be very effective for very long, but it seems like the obvious military response.

I'm glad people are realizing that taking our guns away doesn't make us safer, even if its just the army for now.
If a man dedicates his life to good deeds and the welfare of others, He will die unthanked and unremembered. If he exercises his genius bringing death and misery to billions, his name will echo down through the millennia for a hundred lifetimes.

Hound7

Post by Hound7 » 09 Nov 2009, 22:52

Thinking Anew—Security Priorities for the Next Administration
PROCEEDINGS REPORT OF THE HSPI PRESIDENTIAL TRANSITION TASK FORCE
April 2008-January 2009

Initiated by HSPI’s Steering Committee in Spring 2008, the Task Force sought to further policy discussions of the top strategic priorities in the area of security in order to generate actionable recommendations, for the Administration taking office in January 2009, designed to effectively meet the most vexing challenges the United States faces today.

APPENDIX C
Task Force Event Participants*

Nidal Hasan
Uniformed Services University School of Medicine

http://www.gwumc.edu/hspi/old/PTTF_Proc ... .19.09.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Real life, stranger than fiction.

panzermk2wife
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2wife » 09 Nov 2009, 23:02

Gee, I wondering who is giving them this "information" :ponder:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/11/0 ... 50468.html

Nidal Hasan Tried To Contact Al Qaida, US Officials Knew Months Ago

ABC News is reporting that U.S. agencies were aware months ago that Fort Hood shooting suspect Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan sought to contact people associated with al Qaida, according two American officials familiar with the case. "It is not known whether the intelligence agencies informed the Army that one of its officers was seeking to connect with suspected al Qaeda figures, the officials said," ABC writes.

While ABC goes on to note that CIA director Leon Panetta was asked by Congress "to preserve" all documents related to Hasan, CBS News is reporting that a U.S. intelligence official has told them that there is no indication that the agency had collected information related to the case and then not acted on it.

Meanwhile, the AP is reporting that a radical American imam currently living in Yemen has praised Hasan for the shooting in a post on his website:
The posting Monday on the Web site for Anwar al Awlaki, who was a spiritual leader at two mosques where three 9/11 hijackers worshipped, said American Muslims who condemned the attacks on the Texas military base last week are hypocrites who have committed treason against their religion.
Visit Us on FaceBook
https://www.facebook.com/EliteAmmunition5.7x28mm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Leave Us Feedback on the Forum
http://www.fivesevenforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=8630" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

helodad

Post by helodad » 10 Nov 2009, 08:17

Any word on ammo type Just wanted to stock up up before they come after it. i'm sure its most likely SS197

John Hicks

Post by John Hicks » 10 Nov 2009, 09:33

I just thought I'd put in my 2 cents here. I'm more of a lurker here, but wanted to share a bit. I've seen these things play out before and I am not concerned.

The story can only have one focus. While this story is very complicated and twisted; from his contact with a radical imam, to the gun(s) used, to the heroism of the unarmed and the responding officers, et al -- the media has been focusing more on his link to radical islam and disdain for our current foreign policy.

The usual suspects will hoot and holler about "we need to ban this or that", but at the end of the day, it is a non-story. Armed responders, disarmed victims, and a military shooter that would likely have been able to purchase "cop killer" and "military grade" weapons and ammo regardless of the law covering civilians would be too complicated and unlikely to stir public sentiment. However, "mulsim traitor infiltrates army and wages jihad" is a much better story line. I'm not saying it's right, but that is usually how these things break out.

Virginia Tech was *almost* about the guns -- until it became about the failed mental health system.

Our best defense as gun owners to is to keep pushing the "disarmed victim" and "evil people kill people, not the gun" points. Stocking up on ammo and inflating gun prices is almost an admission of guilt on our (collective) part that the grabbers are right. We have gained control of the debate, let's keep the focus on our points and not give the antis any fodder.

jh

EARS

Post by EARS » 10 Nov 2009, 09:59

Valid points John. Good post.

Hound7

Post by Hound7 » 10 Nov 2009, 10:12

Fort Hood suspect warned of threats in ranks

Maj. Nidal M. Hasan was supposed to make a presentation on a medical topic of his choosing as a culminating exercise of the residency program.

Instead, in late June 2007, he stood before his supervisors and about 25 other mental health staff members and lectured on Islam, suicide bombers and threats the military could encounter from Muslims conflicted about fighting in the Muslim countries of Iraq and Afghanistan, according to a copy of the presentation obtained by The Washington Post.

The title of Hasan's PowerPoint presentation was "The Koranic World View As It Relates to Muslims in the U.S. Military." It consisted of 50 slides.

If typical procedures were followed, his adviser would have supervised the development of his project, said people familiar with the practice.

The last bullet point on that page reads simply: "We love death more then [sic] you love life!"

Under the "Conclusions" page, Hasan wrote that "Fighting to establish an Islamic State to please God, even by force, is condoned by the Islam," and that "Muslim Soldiers should not serve in any capacity that renders them at risk to hurting/killing believers unjustly — will vary!"

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33819877/ns ... ngton_post" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The guy did everything but buy an ad on the back page of the NY Times. I hope conservatives come up with a way to communicate to the masses why the liberal establishement is responsible for the pc environment that allowed this to happen. During WWII our Democratic President, forefather of most everything the left holds dear, saw fit to imprison US citizens based on their ties to our enemies--even though there was never a single incident of them attacking anyone on US soil. Now the left has slid so far off the map they are inviting these attacks by validating our enemy's radical fervor and making it politically incorrect to even challenge them for fear of being labeled racist or islamophobic.

My guess is the next step will be for Homeland Security to issue another warning to all local agencies to beware a backlash from mainstream Americans.

helodad

Post by helodad » 10 Nov 2009, 10:41

Hound7 wrote:Maj. Nidal M. Hasan was supposed to make a presentation on a medical topic of his choosing as a culminating exercise of the residency program.
Read his presentation all I can say is WOW! Some one really dropped the ball on this one. I think you will see the Military try there best to cover it up.As a former member of the armed forces an officer with this opinion would not be allowed to serve and would not reach the rank of Maj. But i was not in an post 9-11 era. I,m basing this on just this one presentation that was not even on topic of his residency.

Cyberfly
Global Moderator
custom title: Mens Room Attendant

Post by Cyberfly » 10 Nov 2009, 11:02

Hey, did you guys hear the news?
They're saying that the shooter at Ft. Hood used a 5-7! Wow...just wow.

Oh, hey. There's already a thread on this. I better merge this before Fuzzy sharts himself... :p
Just kidding. I just wanted to jerk his chain a little. If he had hair, I think he would have pulled it all out by now. :lmao:
Never confuse 'The will of the Majority' with 'The will of God'.
**This post created with 100% recycled photons!**

f3rr37
Site Admin

Post by f3rr37 » 10 Nov 2009, 11:13

I shaved it all off this past weekend. :p

GhostDancer

FiveSeven used by gunman at Ft. Hood...

Post by GhostDancer » 10 Nov 2009, 11:18

Apparently, according to news reports; one of the guns used by the gunman at Ft. Hood was a FiveSeven. Sadly, it appears that the 5.7x28 round works well...

toyslr

Re: FiveSeven used by gunman at Ft. Hood...

Post by toyslr » 10 Nov 2009, 11:27

f3rr37
Site Admin

Post by f3rr37 » 10 Nov 2009, 11:30

What are you doing there toyslr? Are you trying to say a thread about this already exists?

dpt

Post by dpt » 10 Nov 2009, 11:34

Lets get over what type of gun he used please and recognize altogether that was a <profanity> up thing and cowardly action.

Hobknob
Gold Member

Post by Hobknob » 10 Nov 2009, 11:48

I have to admit, this is almost hysterical how many times a new thread has been created on this exact topic.....it was a little anoying, then it was funny, then it was frustrating, then it became a little infuriating, now it's almost back to being funny....I've completely lost count of the number of times it has popped up. Still, somebody is going to go ape on this when he sees it...again.

BTW, i like the beating the dead horse smiley!
-- Thank you for calling 911 emergency services, please hold --
~~ \|/ ~~

f3rr37
Site Admin

Post by f3rr37 » 10 Nov 2009, 11:49

I think I stopped counting at 7.

retread

Post by retread » 10 Nov 2009, 11:55

tragic yes, but the investigator in me wants to know what round was used, what location of bullet strikes resulted in fatality or incapacitation. If he expended 100 rds ,how many strikes did he have, where did the 9mm rounds strike him and what damage did it do? Did it put him out of the fight or was he able to continue with his rampage? i want to know all this and not because of some Morbid Curiosity. I still carry guns daily, my life and someone elses may depend on it.

DarkWater

Post by DarkWater » 10 Nov 2009, 12:18

Cyberfly wrote:Hey, did you guys hear the news?
They're saying that the shooter at Ft. Hood used a 5-7! Wow...just wow.

Oh, hey. There's already a thread on this. I better merge this before Fuzzy sharts himself... :p
Just kidding. I just wanted to jerk his chain a little. If he had hair, I think he would have pulled it all out by now. :lmao:
oh, you mean
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5879" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:wall: :wall: :wall:

toyslr

Post by toyslr » 10 Nov 2009, 12:28

:thumb: dead on fuzzy...

its beyond funny the number of posts this is getting here, compared to the "other" forum.
wish my SALE post got as many hits :clap: