WTF At Least 274 American Soldiers Remains Discarded In Tras

Discuss the politics behind the gun industry.
panzermk2
Forum Supporter

WTF At Least 274 American Soldiers Remains Discarded In Tras

Post by panzermk2 » 14 May 2013, 11:10

Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

Cyberfly
Global Moderator
custom title: Mens Room Attendant

Re: WTF At Least 274 American Soldiers Remains Discarded In

Post by Cyberfly » 14 May 2013, 15:22

This makes me sick to my stomach.
Never confuse 'The will of the Majority' with 'The will of God'.
**This post created with 100% recycled photons!**

grimmond
Gold Member

Post by grimmond » 14 May 2013, 17:39

Unacceptable. God help the soul who made this decision. I wonder how far up the chain this really went. Oh wait I forgot, it never goes very far up. The president isn't ever aware of what his people are doing, especially when the IRS was going out of their way to harass conservatives and T-Party affiliated people before the elections. How convenient it must be for him now that he was reelected to now just be having all these issues come to light, considering the investigations have been going on since before the election.
"Let us never forget that good intelligence saves American lives and protects our freedom."
-Ronald Reagan

techspec

Post by techspec » 14 May 2013, 18:19

This is so crazy, I didn't believe it when I read it. I did a web search expecting to find results on snopes or the like... this junk is true... wtf. I'm horrified. They'll probably blame the sequester.

Jason

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 14 May 2013, 22:08

You know a few years ago it was stated with DNA testing that there would no longer be any Soldier interned in the Tomb of the Unknowns. It would seem pretty simple to just put the remains there.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

03clyde

Post by 03clyde » 15 May 2013, 05:55

Disgusting

dhpierre
Silver Member

Post by dhpierre » 15 May 2013, 07:54

grimmond wrote:Unacceptable. God help the soul who made this decision. I wonder how far up the chain this really went. Oh wait I forgot, it never goes very far up. The president isn't ever aware of what his people are doing, especially when the IRS was going out of their way to harass conservatives and T-Party affiliated people before the elections. How convenient it must be for him now that he was reelected to now just be having all these issues come to light, considering the investigations have been going on since before the election.
According to the Washington Post it didn't go too far up the chain of command and the landfill operators never knew that human remains were being dumped.

"according to records, the disposals were never formally authorized, nor were they disclosed to senior officials at the Pentagon."
http://www.mediaite.com/online/report-w ... discarded/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"The landfill’s operators said they were unaware that the ashes sent to them were, in fact, human remains."
http://www.mediaite.com/online/report-r ... -landfill/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It appears to me that the people to blame here were the people that were running the mortuary at Dover Air Force Base. But if any President needs to be blamed, then our great President George W Bush should be blamed, as it went on under his watch from 2003 until 2008 when the practice ended. And no, no informed people will be blaming it on the sequester.

Cyberfly
Global Moderator
custom title: Mens Room Attendant

Post by Cyberfly » 15 May 2013, 13:24

dhpierre wrote:And no, no informed people will be blaming it on the sequester.
No informed people?
Hmm.
I guess this explains why the president shut down White House tours because of the sequester...even though the tour guides were all volunteers...no money to pay for those volunteers. :ponder:
Never confuse 'The will of the Majority' with 'The will of God'.
**This post created with 100% recycled photons!**

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 15 May 2013, 14:42

It wasn't the tour guides, it was all the toilet paper the tourists were using. That stuff isn't free ya know?
How to post pics & videos: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6363
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.

dhpierre
Silver Member

Post by dhpierre » 15 May 2013, 14:50

Cyberfly wrote:
dhpierre wrote:And no, no informed people will be blaming it on the sequester.
No informed people?
Hmm.
I guess this explains why the president shut down White House tours because of the sequester...even though the tour guides were all volunteers...no money to pay for those volunteers. :ponder:
I'm sorry if I confused you. Let me clear it up for ya. The issue of this thread is the horrific dumping of soldiers remains in a landfill. So when I said,
"And no, no informed people will be blaming it on the sequester.",
I was responding to techspec's post
"This is so crazy, I didn't believe it when I read it. I did a web search expecting to find results on snopes or the like... this junk is true... wtf. I'm horrified. They'll probably blame the sequester."

Techspec was referring to horrific dumping of soldiers remains in a landfill when he mentioned blaming the sequester for for it, not the suspending of White House tours. And anyone who is informed on the incidents of horrific dumping of soldiers remains in a landfill, would know that the sequester had nothing with that since the dumping ended in 2008. That was long before the sequester went into effect.

Anyone informed on the issue of the suspended White House tours would know that even though the tour guides were all volunteers, the White House reported that suspending the tours would save $74,000 a week (other sources have put those savings at much less). The justification that was given was reduced Secret Service expenses not tour guide expenses. I think that suspending the tours was lame political stunt.

In this case however, the issue of tours is a moot point, because this thread was not about tours and I was not referring to them in my post.

I hope that I cleared things up for ya.

grimmond
Gold Member

Post by grimmond » 15 May 2013, 18:47

According to the Washington Post it didn't go too far up the chain of command and the landfill operators never knew that human remains were being dumped.
But that is exactly what I am implying. Why are some of these acts not being reported any higher or why are they claimed to have not gone any higher? Who are these command staff that are making these types of decisions? And what soldier followed these orders who looked the other way while his fallen comrades remains were being disposed of in this manner? These are the questions that should be answered. They are all at fault. But since the President is the Commander In Chief of US forces he is at the top of the pyramid and is the one who is ultimately responsible for his forces actions.

It appears to me that the people to blame here were the people that were running the mortuary at Dover Air Force Base. But if any President needs to be blamed, then our great President George W Bush should be blamed, as it went on under his watch from 2003 until 2008 when the practice ended. And no, no informed people will be blaming it on the sequester.
As for this, I really do not care who the president was or is now. It is all the same, in that it took how many years for this to come to light?
"Let us never forget that good intelligence saves American lives and protects our freedom."
-Ronald Reagan

VeTTeMaNC486

Post by VeTTeMaNC486 » 30 May 2013, 06:20

grimmond wrote:
But that is exactly what I am implying. Why are some of these acts not being reported any higher or why are they claimed to have not gone any higher? Who are these command staff that are making these types of decisions? And what soldier followed these orders who looked the other way while his fallen comrades remains were being disposed of in this manner? These are the questions that should be answered. They are all at fault. But since the President is the Commander In Chief of US forces he is at the top of the pyramid and is the one who is ultimately responsible for his forces actions.

As for this, I really do not care who the president was or is now. It is all the same, in that it took how many years for this to come to light?
Wow careful using that word this day and time. Unless you are talking about restricting the second amendment that is.

:D

:topic:

grimmond
Gold Member

Post by grimmond » 30 May 2013, 07:29

+1 :thumb:
-Ronald Reagan