Magazine capacity restrictions - Coming to your State?

Discuss the politics behind the gun industry.
dhpierre
Silver Member

Magazine capacity restrictions - Coming to your State?

Post by dhpierre » 08 Mar 2013, 23:02

I never thought that Colorado would be on that list of states with crazy gun restrictions. I don't know why. I guess I just thought "That kind of thing of doesn't happen out here. It only happens in blue states east of here or in Cali." Well it looks like we'll have a bunch of new gun laws in a matter of days. The point I'm trying to make is that it can happen anywhere. All my letter writing hasn't helped here in the the least. That's not to say that people should stop writing - NO - Write! - Write! - Write! Keep on writing.

But we all need to be realistic about the worst case scenario. if you don't have a decent supply of mags for all your guns now is the time to stock up - not after a ban. If you have been thinking about getting a gun that may be on a ban list (AR15-AK47-PS90 etc...) now is the time to get it - not after the ban. I know stocking up on things in anticipation of a ban is not ideal, it would be better to stop the ban in the 1st place, but in my case it's the only thing to do. I've been stocking up on everything I need. In Colorado everything owned before July will still be legal.

It's better to be prepared than be left out in the cold. I hope it doesn't happen in your state. If you have legislation pending in your state post on this forum so we all can write. Good luck all!

Sinder

Re: Magazine capacity restrictions - Coming to your State?

Post by Sinder » 09 Mar 2013, 21:59

yeah ive got my ps90 and my scr 17s now. i bought my parentstwo XDM 9mm 3.8" and have been working on stocking mags. just bought 15 pmags today with the boulder airlift thing magpul is doing.

the issue here is coloradoans put a bunch of people in office who didnt agree with them like they thought. there has been massive... MASSIVE pushback from dems and reps alike but the elected officials are chosing to vote based on white house pressures and not according to the constituent feedback. I havent once heard that there is actually a majority support for any of the measures except the 2 bills for background checks and background check tax

edit: oh and a keltec ksg :D

500SWfan

Post by 500SWfan » 09 Mar 2013, 22:34

Yeah. I've got a dozen PS90 mags, and will probably buy a dozen more before July 1st, just because. Can't wait 'til the 2014 election where I hope those idiots will be forced to relearn the lesson of the 1994 national election. Many of them just rode the coattails of Obama into office through party affiliation voting. When you screw over gun owners, you're screwing people of all party lines and ideologies, not just party line opponents.

jpaul6

Post by jpaul6 » 10 Mar 2013, 17:16

"... MASSIVE pushback from dems and reps alike but the elected officials are chosing to vote based on white house pressures and not according to the constituent feedback."

You got that right!!! It's basic political bribery from the White House...'you vote this legislation in and you get the federal funding that you wanted for your state', or something similar. It's simple, follow the money and you will find (90%+ of the time) the reasons behind most unexplainable stupidy, not just politics alone.

:furious:

500SWfan

Post by 500SWfan » 12 Mar 2013, 20:18

For those interested, the high cap mag ban (HB13-1224) passed in the CO State Senate 18-17, along party lines, of course. I loved Senator Brophy's statement that he would not obey this law and that he would go to Sydney, NE when he needed a mag (video below). I also loved a subsequent Senator's statement (I don't remember who and don't have a video) that Brophy would need a carpool or a caravan to take the rest of them to Sydney with him :thumb:

Here is the full version

Edit: Added the full version.

Hobknob
Gold Member

Post by Hobknob » 13 Mar 2013, 06:35

I love Colorado.
It was my home, I still have family there and it pains me that I can't visit it anymore.
We contacted everyone we knew in the state and wrote letters to the legisators. But the truth is that no amount of writing, calling, or massive protests would have stopped it. These votes were already bought and paid for, and short of having one of the puppet senators suddenly grow a conscience and then the moral fortitude to stand by a newfound conviction (that is to say a miracle of biblical proportions), this asinineity was over as soon as it started.
Hopefully it pissed off enough people and in so doing has simply pushed the pendulum to its apex such that the backlash from it will purge the legislature, and breath a new life into the free spirit that once embodied that great state.

P.S. Hats off to Brophy. We need more men like him. They clank when he walks.
-- Thank you for calling 911 emergency services, please hold --
~~ \|/ ~~