Current List of Gun Companies Refusing......

Discuss the politics behind the gun industry.
panzermk2wife
Forum Supporter

Current List of Gun Companies Refusing......

Post by panzermk2wife » 26 Feb 2013, 10:15

Current List of Gun Companies Refusing to do Business With Anti Gun States
FEBRUARY 26 2013

http://www.ncgunblog.com/new-york-boycott/

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Re: Current List of Gun Companies Refusing......

Post by Rapier1772 » 26 Feb 2013, 10:53

Wow, 81 companies - last night I had heard it was up to 44. I did notice some of those companies are local business type companies. They have probably only had a few orders from NY but it is good that they are supporting the cause as well.
How to post pics & videos: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6363
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.

j_parker

Post by j_parker » 26 Feb 2013, 13:37

While the list is impressive unles the major's get on the bandwagon the "boycott" will be merely symbolic. It saddens me as a NY resident that Remington also a ny resident is not joining the fight. Remington is a major manufacturer of ar's under several names ( rem,dpms,bushmaster) all of which can no longer be sold to its neighbors. If Remington had the brass to be like beretta and threaten to leave the state that would be huge. If rem, colt,s&w, glock and sig took a stand I bet companies like armalite would have no choice but to join our cause we also need ammo manufacture/suppliers to join and I gaurentee this nonsense will stop. But sadly I don't see this getting better more tha half the counties in newyork passed resaloution calling for the repeal of our new laws yet the gov is still calling the opposition "just the vocal minority". Ca is seeking to further its restrictions which is no surprise but even Colorado is no proposing restrictions I never thought id see the day.

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 26 Feb 2013, 14:57

j_parker wrote:While the list is impressive, unless the majors get on the bandwagon, the "boycott" will be merely symbolic. It saddens me as a NY resident, that Remington, also a NY resident, is not joining the fight. Remington is a major manufacturer of AR's under several names (Rem, DPMS, Bushmaster) all of which can no longer be sold to its neighbors. If Remington had the brass to be like Beretta and threaten to leave the state, that would be huge. If Rem, Colt, S&W, Glock and Sig took a stand, I bet companies like Armalite would have no choice but to join our cause. We also need ammo manufacture/suppliers to join and I guarantee this nonsense will stop. But sadly, I don't see this getting better. More than half the counties in New York passed resolutions calling for the repeal of our new laws yet the gov is still calling the opposition "just the vocal minority". CA is seeking to further its restrictions, which is no surprise, but even Colorado is now proposing restrictions. I never thought I'd see the day.
FIFY - I think... Might want to proof-read it to make sure it says what you were trying to say. Blame the lab reports & homework I have to do - damned perfectionists are ruining me :laugh: Not that I am to their level yet, my papers still get a lot of red on them :laugh:
As many commas as there are now, I am sure I missed, or misused, a punctuation mark somewhere :skep:

j_parker wrote:More than half the counties in New York passed resolutions calling for the repeal of our new laws yet the gov is still calling the opposition "just the vocal minority".
Are any of those counties part of NYC, Buffalo, Rochester or other major population centers? That is where the voices are needed. Politicians aren't going to listen to 5,000 votes when they have 150,000+ votes that they can count on elsewhere.
CO kind of surprises me but then again, it doesn't. The natives are being over-run by the imports from PRK & the like. I used to live there and it was happening even then, but it wasn't yet at a critical level. It's one of the few places I have ever been that had someone look as if you'd just insulted them just by saying "hi." :facepalm:

panzermk2
Forum Supporter
Location: Around here it's more like what can we shoot through next.

Post by panzermk2 » 26 Feb 2013, 17:24

If we had ammo to sell we would join the list.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

j_parker

Post by j_parker » 27 Feb 2013, 08:45

Agreed I do not pay enough attention to puncuation during a keyboard pounding rant.
Buffalo where I live is second largest city in ny. It's in erie county which not only passed a resolution but the head of the erie sheriffs union released a statment ripping the new restrictions apart. Niagara county unanimously voted to oppose it and the counties that house Rochester and Syracuse will be having a vote the first week of march, early reports say we have it in the bag. NYC, Long Island , and Albany are doing nothing which should be that far feched

huddleston101

Post by huddleston101 » 28 Feb 2013, 11:04

up to 102 so far :thumb:

fooschnickens
custom title: ~( ̄∇ ̄~) (~ ̄∇ ̄)~

Post by fooschnickens » 01 Mar 2013, 14:49

Add VLTOR to the list.

http://www.f00tography.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Corporation: n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility.
-Ambrose Bierce

whitey

Post by whitey » 06 Mar 2013, 11:21

Don't forget the City of Los Angeles. I believe ammo and gun sales must go through FFL. At least I live in Orange County, CA.

If the big companies got behind this it would make a big splash but they're more into making money. Can you imagine if FNH refused to sell to Secret Service in D.C. haha never happen. They surely have a contract.

SF340_Driver

Post by SF340_Driver » 06 Mar 2013, 14:17

I think that is the big issue. They have contracts that they would be in violation of.

BUT, that doesn't mean they can't refuse to do business not already required by contract - i.e. no new contracts...

Vortec MAX
Gold Member

Post by Vortec MAX » 25 Mar 2013, 12:21

Just found this:
With the fight in Colorado right now we do not have time to implement a new program, so I have suspended all LE sales to ban states until we can implement a system wherein any Law Enforcement Officer buying for duty use will have to promise to uphold their oath to the US Constitution - specifically the second and fourteenth amendments - as it applies to all citizens.

Richard Fitzpatrick

President/CEO - Founder

Magpul Industries
Mike

Vortec MAX
Gold Member

Post by Vortec MAX » 25 Mar 2013, 13:43

Here's an actual link to the URL listed in the VLTOR letter above:

http://www.ammoland.com/2013/02/firearm ... z2MJcCH2Hr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I had to type it in, and it was a PITA.

Mike

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 02 Jan 2014, 20:47

Just found this on Yahoo. Magpul is moving to WY & TX
http://news.yahoo.com/company-makes-goo ... 33398.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bryan5432
Silver Member

Post by Bryan5432 » 03 Jan 2014, 07:40

Would be nice if they came here to Houston.

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 03 Jan 2014, 08:06

They said their HQ was moving to TX but all of the actual work & production is being moved to WY. I'd rather be where the work is :D