USMC Dishonored and Disarmed

Discuss the politics behind the gun industry.
shoetr--X

USMC Dishonored and Disarmed

Post by shoetr--X » 19 Feb 2013, 18:56

Had email sent to me...

…and find it beyond words…?

Dishonoring the Corps; Marines in inaugural parade had bolts removed from their rifle

Dishonored and disarmed: Bolts are clearly missing from these Marine rifles during President Obama’s inauguration parade.
This is an unmistakable insult to the honor of the Marine Corps.
David Codrea has revealed that President Obama has so little regard for the United States Marines risking their lives under his command life that they were forced to dismantle their already empty parade rifles for his second inauguration parade. This is nothing less than a slap in the face of the Corps:
“Didn’t know the Marines had to take the bolts out of their rifles for the Inaugural,” an email forwarded to Gun Rights Examiner from a United States Marine Corps source observed. “Wonder if someone can explain why [they] would be marching in the inaugural parade with no bolts in their rifles!”
The email linked to a YouTube video of the 57th Presidential Inaugural Parade, embedded in this column, featuring Bravo Company Marines from the Marine Barracks Washington . Sure enough, the observation in the email is confirmed by watching the video, with screen shots provided in the photo and slide show accompanying this article.
This prompted an internet search to see if others had also noticed, and the Blur-Brain blog had.
“The bolts have been removed from the rifles rendering them unable to fire a round,” the post stated. “Apparently Obama’s Secret Service doesn’t trust the USMC. Simply searching each guy to make sure he didn’t have a live round hidden on him wasn’t enough, they had to make sure the guns were inoperable.
Obama doesn’t trust the very men who put their lives on the line to serve their country. I guess it shouldn’t be that much of a shock. Untrustworthy people find it very difficult to believe that other men have honor.

PainKillaX

Re: USMC Dishonored and Disarmed

Post by PainKillaX » 19 Feb 2013, 19:02

Disgusting. It's nice to know how our Commander in Chief feels about us, right?

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 19 Feb 2013, 21:04

It's only fair since most veterans I know don't trust him. This just makes it obvious.
Why wouldn't they just pull the firing pin or tack-weld the bolt shut (they're parade rifles)? You can't tell me this was a last minute thing.

Looking online to verify story & found this at http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/m/ ... SRZsGfy33A" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Under normal circumstances, the firing pins are removed from weapons unless they are taken into battle or used on the firing range.
Hey, that's what I said to do. Turns out that it is apparently a normal thing. Guess bambam thought someone might sneak in a firing pin? He trusted them enough in the 2009 parade - hmmm, what's changed?

Found this news story as well
http://www.examiner.com/article/disable ... ion-policy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
How to post pics & videos: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6363
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.

grimmond
Gold Member

Post by grimmond » 19 Feb 2013, 21:13

I cannot remember where I read a post a few weeks back that I dismissed as purely a atypical conspiracy. But to some it up it basically stated that if things don't go the way the Feds want on issues that they would use different agency's that fall under Homeland Security to be the right hand do to the job because most of us that serve in the military have core values and morals and those agency's lack them. It also stated that it was Obama's plan to weaken then disarm the US military. After seeing this it kind of brought that post back into mind. Its definitely sad to see the lack of respect and trust to those of us that serve.