45 help

Discuss the variety of handguns out there.
reads

45 help

Post by reads » 02 May 2009, 09:16

I was sold on the xd 45 tactical.
After reading shot gun news, the fnp-45, sound like a very good weapon also.
Anyone, know the pro's and con's of both.
Yes, I can read the the product literature, but, I what real use difference.
Thanks for any help.
(Both are not an option at this time)

Ariac

Re: 45 help

Post by Ariac » 02 May 2009, 10:12

I don't know about the fn, but i can tell you that the xd tactical is dead nuts accurate. I have one and it is my duty weapon, and i shoot it regularly at the range. Recoil is minimal, and imho just a very comfortable gun in all aspects. My only complaint is that there were some burrs from casting marks on my mag and grip. they are gone now and it is great. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

gw45acp
Gold Member

Post by gw45acp » 02 May 2009, 12:12

I have an XD45C and an FNP-40, but I don't actually own nor have I fired an FNP-45. The primary difference is the XD is a striker design while the FNP is an external hammer design. The FNP has a decocker and is DA/SA. The XD does not have a decocker. The size of the FNP-45 grip is large and can be a problem if you have smaller hands. Thjey are both easy to field strip and clean. Some people don't like the grip safety on the XD. I haven't had a problem with it.
"How the Hell did I get here?"

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Post by blueorison » 02 May 2009, 12:52

Good stuff, gw.

toyslr

Post by toyslr » 02 May 2009, 20:54

I had read somewhere about the first ones out having issues with the frames cracking. Do a google/yahoo
search and you should find it

fatherfoof

Post by fatherfoof » 03 May 2009, 03:30

This will help noone, but nontheless, I'll post it. Springfield, quick to point out they the the first American firearms firm, have all products stamped "made in Croatia" ; Yahoo. Each time they introduce something, it is rushed to market, and always with a plethora of problems. The important thing is, they, of all the gun companies, respond the fastest to ammend the problems. I see the thousands of guns cops get. If you listen to guys at your local range, or rely on supermarket writers who depend on sales from ads, you don't see the full picture. In the XD series ( I own a few myself), the golden rule is: new sucks, wait two years and it'll work flawlessly.
Please PM Me for LE/Military Access

User42

Post by User42 » 03 May 2009, 07:08

I am not an expert in firearms by a longshot, but I agree with fatherfoof 100%. There are exeptions, things can be made correctly the first time around, but for the most part that rule bodes the same for everything from guns to cars to personal electronics (Ipod/PSP), and much more. There is a reason my car is from the last year they made that model, because by then they had ironed out all the problems.
If a man dedicates his life to good deeds and the welfare of others, He will die unthanked and unremembered. If he exercises his genius bringing death and misery to billions, his name will echo down through the millennia for a hundred lifetimes.

fzr confused

Post by fzr confused » 03 May 2009, 17:10

i have an XD45, not a tactical though and i love it. the XD gets carried whenever i dont carry the FsN :). the gun is extremely accurate and i enjoy shooting it and i have yet to have a single problem with it *knock on wood*. i have put several thousand rounds through it and i cant recall a single FTF of any kind...although i was looking at an FNP-45 myself a few months ago but found a saiga 12 that took the money i had for it...

panzermk2
Forum Supporter
Location: Around here it's more like what can we shoot through next.

Post by panzermk2 » 03 May 2009, 19:53

The XDM in 40 looks nice, to bad it's not available in 10mm
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Post by blueorison » 03 May 2009, 21:40

panzermk2 wrote:The XDM in 40 looks nice, to bad it's not available in 10mm
:agree: :thumb:

The wisdom is pretty evident; with anything you should wait a few years for the kinks to be hammered out. Many times gun enthusiasts choose to take a dremmel and do it themselves.

jackal

Post by jackal » 12 Jun 2009, 16:32

i have an XD45 & the 5.7, the XD is fun out the box great gun low recoil nice balance,accurate ammos cheeper to :D