10mm CCW

Discuss the variety of handguns out there.
Cyberfly
Global Moderator
custom title: Mens Room Attendant

Re: 10mm CCW

Post by Cyberfly » 21 Jan 2010, 08:45

Sweet.
I think I like the sites on the .45 better, at least in profile.
Definitely give us a range report after you've tested it! :thumb:
Never confuse 'The will of the Majority' with 'The will of God'.
**This post created with 100% recycled photons!**

Reverend Herc
Platinum Member
custom title: Outstanding!!!

Post by Reverend Herc » 21 Jan 2010, 19:21

If someone does not stop this thread, I will be buying at least one 10 mm pistol real soon....

Help me
There can only be two.

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 21 Jan 2010, 23:05

Reverend Herc wrote:If someone does not stop this thread, I will be buying at least one 10 mm pistol real soon....

Help me
Help you find one? I am sure we can do that :p
How to post pics & videos: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6363
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.

carlosrod

Post by carlosrod » 22 Jan 2010, 11:24

what kind of groups do you get with a witness compact 10mm. I started off with a saddle spread delta, Went to glock, Now I am in a kimber 10mm. I dont expect a compact to shoot like a kimber but close enough. Will kimber build someone a commander size 10mm?

xuoq

Post by xuoq » 30 Jun 2010, 13:33

carlosrod wrote:what kind of groups do you get with a witness compact 10mm. I started off with a saddle spread delta, Went to glock, Now I am in a kimber 10mm. I dont expect a compact to shoot like a kimber but close enough. Will kimber build someone a commander size 10mm?
I called today and talked to Dan, I think that was his name, about this same question. I wanted a Commander sized Eclipse in 10mm and was told it wasn't possible due to the recoil of the round and springs. Then I called a few shops about full size Kimber 10mm's (Eclipse or Stainless Target II's, doesn't matter at this point) and was told by all of them that Kimber was backed up about 4-6 months on everything. :\ Really sucks as I'm itching for a 10mm and would like to stick with Kimber as I love my Ultra Raptor II.

panzermk2
Forum Supporter
Location: Around here it's more like what can we shoot through next.

Post by panzermk2 » 30 Jun 2010, 14:07

xuoq wrote:
I called today and talked to Dan, I think that was his name, about this same question. I wanted a Commander sized Eclipse in 10mm and was told it wasn't possible due to the recoil of the round and springs.

[email protected]@t

You can order a commander length 40cal/10mm slide form Brownells and make your own upper that you can swap on and off your full sized Kimber.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

SeaHawkDriver-B
Location: Embarked on 2 acres of floating Soverign US Territory

Post by SeaHawkDriver-B » 30 Jun 2010, 17:03

Panzer I own both a Glock 29 for CCW and a Glock 20C for Woods Carry. They both have Lone Wolf Barrels, a threaded one on the woods gun so I can mount the Wolf Muzzel break or a 'can'. I also opted for the LoneWolf stainless guide rod and spring.

When you say " you have to replace the barrel for full power 10mm", are the Lone Wolf products sufficient to fire such rounds without "Glock Smilies"?

Question 2: When are you gongi to start taking orders for your full house 10mm rounds. It says "not accepting backorders" for your 10mm on the site.

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 30 Jun 2010, 20:39

SeaHawkDriver-B wrote: When you say " you have to replace the barrel for full power 10mm", are the Lone Wolf products sufficient to fire such rounds without "Glock Smilies"?
Yes they are perfect. You don't NEED a Lonewolf barrel but your brass will be junk for reloading if you don't.

SeaHawkDriver-B wrote: Question 2: When are you gongi to start taking orders for your full house 10mm rounds. It says "not accepting backorders" for your 10mm on the site.

We are waiting on a shipment of brass that should get here any day now. The last run is boxed up and going out to fill all the back orders. About a week and it will be up.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

remat457

Post by remat457 » 03 Jul 2010, 15:34

Can't believe I just now found this thread!
Here is my contribution: Dan Wesson CBOB 10mm and Colt Delta Elite (2009 edition):

Do not agree with the previous assessment of the DE in the thread. It worked out of the box and has been flawless. Cannot say that about all of my 1911's.

If you are looking for a Commander 10mm you should check out Fusion Firearms. Former president of DW runs it and builds some nice stuff. I recently had them price out a 10mm CCO.

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 03 Jul 2010, 18:08

I am still having problems with my converted to 10mm Witness :( The S&W that I shot at the Fuzzy shoot last year was awesome, this sucks! Guess I'll have to find one that does not have to be converted.

Shot a glock 10mm yesterday - it didn't jam but I still don't want one. Too bulky. Need a good deal on DW, those are purty

f3rr37
Site Admin

Post by f3rr37 » 03 Jul 2010, 21:23

That sucks Rapier! Yeah, even though the S&W is pretty loose, it still shoots straight :)

xuoq

Post by xuoq » 13 Jul 2010, 20:22

Damn you all and your peer pressure! I was at the gun store picking up an AR lower and I made the fatal mistake of looking down (at the handgun display cases). Ended up coming home with a new friend for my FsN.

Hopefully I can track some ammo down for it before I go shooting this weekend. Most of the local stores don't carry either SS197 (not at a reasonable price at least, $30/box, thank god for A&A Arsenal) or 10mm. So, Wolf springs and a new barrel you say?

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 14 Jul 2010, 06:49

xuoq wrote: 10mm. So, Wolf springs and a new barrel you say?
Just springs you don't need a barrel for the Witness.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

remat457

Post by remat457 » 21 Jul 2010, 11:55

xuoq wrote:Damn you all and your peer pressure! I was at the gun store picking up an AR lower and I made the fatal mistake of looking down (at the handgun display cases). Ended up coming home with a new friend for my FsN.

Hopefully I can track some ammo down for it before I go shooting this weekend. Most of the local stores don't carry either SS197 (not at a reasonable price at least, $30/box, thank god for A&A Arsenal) or 10mm. So, Wolf springs and a new barrel you say?
Nice! Range review?

xuoq

Post by xuoq » 22 Jul 2010, 21:19

Range trip didn't happen. Everyone in our group backed out, and the only range I know of is about 20 miles from me, and I would've had to get a sitter for my daughter (which I would've done anyway, it just made more sense and seemed worthwhile with a group than by myself). It just didn't work out unfortunately. I'll have a report when I finally get out there though.

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 24 Jul 2010, 21:40

Ok, I am back to jonesing for a good, compact (≤4" bbl) 10mm and I need help finding one. After the disaster that was/is my EAA conversion, I want one that I don't have to make into a 10mm. Or one that is professionally converted - like Venry's Para P12 thing in an earlier post. I just sent him an email so I will be checking out that route. I'd love one about the size of the Kimber Ultra Raptor or CDP II
Some no goes -
-The Dan Wesson Sportsman is too big - LK45s' DW looks borderline big so definitely nothing larger
-The Bren Ten is too big
-Kimber Eclipse is too big (will call Kimber custom shop on Monday)
-Glocks are too bulky, don't like the feel anyway.
-Fusion Firearms looks to be more expensive than Kimber
-No on Delta Elite
-No EAA

Anything else?

No excuses xuoq! Go now!!! :D :p

srt-4_jon

Post by srt-4_jon » 24 Jul 2010, 21:46

I didnt like the glock 20 at all. picked up a glock 20SF and bought it. Have you tried the small frame 29?
Might want to look into S&W 10 series pistols. I dont think there are any below 4" barrel but there are some 4.25".

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 24 Jul 2010, 22:58

Rapier1772 wrote:Ok, I am back to jonesing for a good, compact (≤4" bbl) 10mm and I need help finding one. After the disaster that was/is my EAA conversion, I want one that I don't have to make into a 10mm. Or one that is professionally converted - like Venry's Para P12 thing in an earlier post. I just sent him an email so I will be checking out that route. I'd love one about the size of the Kimber Ultra Raptor or CDP II
Some no goes -
-The Dan Wesson Sportsman is too big - LK45s' DW looks borderline big so definitely nothing larger
-The Bren Ten is too big
-Kimber Eclipse is too big (will call Kimber custom shop on Monday)
-Glocks are too bulky, don't like the feel anyway.
-Fusion Firearms looks to be more expensive than Kimber
-No on Delta Elite
-No EAA

Anything else?

No excuses xuoq! Go now!!! :D :p
Or just buy an all steel Witness compact 10mm from EAA in the first place. Still need to let me know on those parts.

I have one. IF you can find one. When S&W released their 610 the second time one of their largest distributors, Lew Horton, had a special run of them made with 3.5 inch barrels. Not cheap when you find them though.

Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 24 Jul 2010, 23:26

panzermk2 wrote:Or just buy an all steel Witness compact 10mm from EAA in the first place. Still need to let me know on those parts.
I'm going to wait until I get word back from EAA as to whether or not they can fix the gun before I decide what to do about the parts. Who knows how long that will take? Steel compact could be an option to consider :ponder: If they call me back & say they can't fix this one - maybe I should ask to trade it for a steel?
srt-4_jon wrote:I didn't like the glock 20 at all. picked up a glock 20SF and bought it. Have you tried the small frame 29?
Might want to look into S&W 10 series pistols. I don't think there are any below 4" barrel but there are some 4.25".
Yes, I tried full size and mini-glocks. The handle was too short on the mini. A S&W 1076 would be nice but the only ones that I have seen for sale were not in very good condition.

srt-4_jon

Post by srt-4_jon » 24 Jul 2010, 23:37

There is more than the S&W 1076
http://www.ar15armory.com/forums/SandW- ... 47671.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;