SCAR release...why?

Discuss the FN lineup of tactical rifles; the FS2000, SCAR, and the venerable FAL.
variable

SCAR release...why?

Post by variable » 23 Apr 2009, 07:29

I heard RELIABLE sourced rumors SCARs are more than on hand with FN but they are holding them hostage for their program guns. I know parts of that is true, but really?

I tried to call Rusty when I returned but found out he is in a pickle...no pun intended.

Shouldn't they dump what they can before HK releases their 416, 417 and old school 90 series rifles in a year or two?

I am lost.

I'd like one but not for $5K.

Anyone have a clue since my link is lost...to say the least.

V
OUT
Member of the Desert Warfare Center's Armed Carnival...

romer522

Re: SCAR release...why?

Post by romer522 » 23 Apr 2009, 09:16

The timer is ticking anyways, they used the SCAR as an incentive to sell stocking dealer packages to clear out their old stock. If they do not deliver SCARs in a timely fashion the lawsuits will start flying, from what i have heard.

west996

Post by west996 » 24 Apr 2009, 12:39

They need to focus on pushing these out and cut back on some other models. The demand for these is out there.

flyingirish04
Gold Member
custom title: Mtn Man in Flatland

Post by flyingirish04 » 24 Apr 2009, 12:46

FN is notorius for requiring dealer package orders to sell older, not a popular guns before getting their hot items out. This type of hostage marketing never works, and quite frankly, FN is stupid for using it instead of practicing creative destruction on the models that don't work and selling the models that are sought after.

Arc'Teryx just stopped doing the same type of marketing in the past year, and they are seeing huge increases in profits. I wish FN was more business minded.
Killed Two Stones with One Bird.