INITIATIVE. Where have you gone?

General discussion.
firestorm248
Gold Member

Re: INITIATIVE. Where have you gone?

Post by firestorm248 » 06 Apr 2011, 09:24

Blue I think many of the forum help as much as they can in their own ways, I wish I could get more range time and an area where I can do some of the tests I been wanting to do but I have to wait till I can do a trip to my buddy in Texas. :( However when I saw that Bones was doing ballistics tests I sent him 10 rounds of almost all of EA’s ammo so he can test em all. :thumb: I know that I am still new to the forum but I have a lot to thank the members and forum sponsors for in getting me 99% of my 5.7 equipment, ammunition and answering every question I have asked regardless of how stupid it was.

P.S. Blue some of us are allergic to the search option LOL :p

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Post by blueorison » 06 Apr 2011, 10:22

firestorm248 wrote:Blue I think many of the forum help as much as they can in their own ways, I wish I could get more range time and an area where I can do some of the tests I been wanting to do but I have to wait till I can do a trip to my buddy in Texas. :( However when I saw that Bones was doing ballistics tests I sent him 10 rounds of almost all of EA’s ammo so he can test em all. :thumb: I know that I am still new to the forum but I have a lot to thank the members and forum sponsors for in getting me 99% of my 5.7 equipment, ammunition and answering every question I have asked regardless of how stupid it was.

P.S. Blue some of us are allergic to the search option LOL :p
1. I don't agree with your "many" hypothesis; honestly I would use "some" or even a "few" to be correct. It's always 10% doing 90% of the work. If you had an idea of the membership span, you would be shocked to your boots how many lurkers we have on here that do not contribute and just leech off information from those that do. That is why I restrict most of my informative posting to the membership sections, because what little I do I feel justified in only sharing with supporting and "team" members. Society has enough leechers and my tax money knows it, for me to choose to entertain them. This is obviously a personal opinion; this post isn't to encourage such actions. My post was obviously geared towards getting them off their duffs and energized :)
Some took the post to be a negative connotation, which it was not at all. If it did not apply to you, then it did not apply to you.

2. Great job getting involved, Firestorm. I was aware of your actions, and read the thread. :thumb:

3. "P.S. Blue some of us are allergic to the search option LOL"

You have no idea. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

panzermk2wife
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2wife » 06 Apr 2011, 10:27

Awesome thanks for supporting our troops

This year we as a family have started a new tradition

I got a large container and made it into a bank of sorts and we are putting our loose change in it and in November I will go to the bank and get it deposited and send a Christmas donation in to the USO from our family.

I saw it on Glenn Beck last year, although he called it the Christmas Giving Jar and then on Christmas Eve he and his family would put it on the doorstep of a needy family. :D
Visit Us on FaceBook
https://www.facebook.com/EliteAmmunition5.7x28mm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Leave Us Feedback on the Forum
http://www.fivesevenforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=8630" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

firestorm248
Gold Member

Post by firestorm248 » 06 Apr 2011, 10:45

I made my hypnosis based on the people I actually see posting and being active. Of those are the many I refer too. I wasn’t counting lurkers as I am sure not all would have the forums best interests in mind. :ponder:
Blue, your advice and activity in the forum is of great value. :thumb:

jgreenberg01
Platinum Member
custom title: FNP-45 Cylon

Post by jgreenberg01 » 06 Apr 2011, 11:17

firestorm248 wrote:I made my hypnosis based on the people I actually see posting and being active. Of those are the many I refer too. I wasn’t counting lurkers as I am sure not all would have the forums best interests in mind. :ponder:
Blue, your advice and activity in the forum is of great value. :thumb:
Look into my eyes... you are getting sleepy. At the count of 1 you will send me your Five-seveN...

Three

Two

One
0100001101101111011011010110010100100000011000010110111001100100001000000111010001100001011010110110010100100000011010010111010000101110

panzermk2wife
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2wife » 06 Apr 2011, 11:20

:lmao:
Visit Us on FaceBook
https://www.facebook.com/EliteAmmunition5.7x28mm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Leave Us Feedback on the Forum
http://www.fivesevenforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=8630" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

panzermk2
Forum Supporter
Location: Around here it's more like what can we shoot through next.

Post by panzermk2 » 06 Apr 2011, 11:46

firestorm248 wrote:I made my hypnosis based on the people I actually see posting and being active. Of those are the many I refer too. I wasn’t counting lurkers as I am sure not all would have the forums best interests in mind. :ponder:
Blue, your advice and activity in the forum is of great entertainment . :thumb:
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

firestorm248
Gold Member

Post by firestorm248 » 06 Apr 2011, 11:48

="jgreenberg01Look into my eyes... you are getting sleepy. At the count of 1 you will send me your Five-seveN...

Three

Two

One
:drool:

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 06 Apr 2011, 12:04

I love you guys.

Wait, I was hypnotized by Greenberg to say that!! :facepalm:
Shoot more, worry less.

jgreenberg01
Platinum Member
custom title: FNP-45 Cylon

Post by jgreenberg01 » 06 Apr 2011, 18:30

blueorison wrote:I love you guys.

Wait, I was hypnotized by Greenberg to say that!! :facepalm:
No homo?
0100001101101111011011010110010100100000011000010110111001100100001000000111010001100001011010110110010100100000011010010111010000101110

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 06 Apr 2011, 18:35

hypno-homo?
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.
Tactical Search Instructions & tips: http://www.fivesevenforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12045

Sweet Chuckie

Post by Sweet Chuckie » 11 Apr 2011, 16:43

Hey Blueorizon, thanks for the initiative type boot in the butt. I've been considering donating to the Wounded Warriors project for months, but sad to say, never did anything.

They will now take $25.00 per month from my checking account. Without your boot, I apparently would not have taken the opportunity to support our fine troops.

Many thanks,
Sweet Chuckie

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 11 Apr 2011, 16:51

The sociology club is going to be helping us send out another round of care packages at ISU tomorrow. The first time we did this, it was a major hassle trying to get everything right.

This time we know what we're doing & we'll have more people helping out. It is still going to take MAJOR paperwork (last time it was over 500 pages for customs forms) but we're doing it legal like so they cant refuse it. I wonder if we should drop them off 15min before closing like last time? If we do, I'll try to get a video of it - it was hilarious. Mean but hilarious. Their fault in my opinion - it was payback.
Tactical Search Instructions & tips: http://www.fivesevenforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12045

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 12 Apr 2011, 00:08

Rapier1772 wrote:The sociology club is going to be helping us send out another round of care packages at ISU tomorrow. The first time we did this, it was a major hassle trying to get everything right.

This time we know what we're doing & we'll have more people helping out. It is still going to take MAJOR paperwork (last time it was over 500 pages for customs forms) but we're doing it legal like so they cant refuse it. I wonder if we should drop them off 15min before closing like last time? If we do, I'll try to get a video of it - it was hilarious. Mean but hilarious. Their fault in my opinion - it was payback.
This

is awesome. Yeah, screw em haha... ok but I would be nice and be nice...even though they don't deserve it.... :( being nice never hurts.
Shoot more, worry less.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 12 Apr 2011, 00:20

Sweet Chuckie wrote:Hey Blueorizon, thanks for the initiative type boot in the butt. I've been considering donating to the Wounded Warriors project for months, but sad to say, never did anything.

They will now take $25.00 per month from my checking account. Without your boot, I apparently would not have taken the opportunity to support our fine troops.

Many thanks,
Sweet Chuckie
Chuckie, I cannot swear on the open forums. Regardless, I more than rarely swear in my posts with an offensive nature behind it.

You, however, have just made my feffing day. It's people like you that, when I'm having a destructively horrible day, make me smile and know that there is a sliver of hope out there. That there exists decent people that do things for others without expecting something in return.

My God Bless you and your loved ones. :)

Jonathan
Shoot more, worry less.

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 14 Apr 2011, 09:45

blueorison wrote:
Rapier1772 wrote:The sociology club is going to be helping us send out another round of care packages at ISU tomorrow. The first time we did this, it was a major hassle trying to get everything right.
This
is awesome. Yeah, screw em haha... ok but I would be nice and be nice...even though they don't deserve it.... :( being nice never hurts.
Well that sucked. No one that was supposed to show up actually did. One guy that was on the payroll bailed on us even, said he class but just went outside & talked.
It was only 15 pages each this time for a total of 390 pages of customs forms.

murphies_finest
custom title: King Thread Killer.

Post by murphies_finest » 14 Apr 2011, 10:53

gives to AER

murphies_finest
custom title: King Thread Killer.

Post by murphies_finest » 14 Apr 2011, 11:00

If initiative was up your butt kicking mudballs you would know where it was at lol.

Prepper
custom title: Sucker Punch

Post by Prepper » 14 Apr 2011, 11:38

:agree: As a pharmacist and proud American, I have been a long-time supporter of the Wounded Warrior Project and the Healing Heroes Network.

The Healing Heroes Network, a national 501(c) (3) charitable organization dedicated to assembling a network of providers willing to treat the men and women of the armed forces injured in the line of duty in Iraq and Afghanistan on or after September 11, 2001 while ensuring the safety of every one of us.

Just so you are aware, the Healing Heroes Netword is raflling off 2 Mustangs. A 1969 Boss and a 2011 Patriot Edition Boss. Information can be found at http://www.winthemustangs.com.
Better to have a tank when you don't need it then to need a tank when you don't have it.

II Thessalonians 3:8-12

Lobo
Gold Member

Post by Lobo » 19 Apr 2011, 23:57

hmmmm, :ponder: well, since I went over to the dark side, I have always given to the special operations warrior foundation. and they--
The Special Operations Warrior Foundation provides full scholarship grants and educational and family counseling to the surviving children of special operations personnel who die in operational or training missions and immediate financial assistance to severely wounded special operations personnel and their families.

we lose people during peacetime and especially during war, someone has to cover their families and give aid (the standard government agencey means well.....but). in many cases it takes someone from that SOF background (or a family member) that can releate to those in need.......and even then it's hard (the community is small and if you don't know the person, someone else that you know does so it still ranks.... :( )

like many of the others mentioned here (Prepper, I like the ones you aid! :thumb: ), they are all good causes

anyway, that's my bit

Lobo
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.