Orange tipped toy guns.... A good idea gone bad.

General discussion.
Varmiter

Orange tipped toy guns.... A good idea gone bad.

Post by Varmiter » 05 Mar 2010, 16:50

As this forum is very “Gun Specific”, my latest article may not seem relevant here. But this effects every gun owner and LEO in the country.

My latest article is here.
http://www.examiner.com/x-38782-Tucson- ... s-Examiner" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Chris

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Re: Orange tipped toy guns.... A good idea gone bad.

Post by Rapier1772 » 05 Mar 2010, 17:56

I like this part:
A dork is a dork is a dork.
:lmao:
How to post pics & videos: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6363
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.

freelienr

Post by freelienr » 05 Mar 2010, 19:46

i'm not surprised at all that people paint their guns to look like toys. The really funny thing is that people are doing it so they don't get bothered because of all the gun control laws.

In my limited opinion it is another prime example of how "gun control" has failed.

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 05 Mar 2010, 19:52

freelienr wrote:I'm not surprised at all that people paint their guns to look like toys. The really funny thing is that people are doing it so they don't get bothered because of all the gun control laws.
I was told by a cop that bg's do it in order to cause the cops to hesitate for a second, thereby giving the bg an edge that will cost the cop his/her life. Therefore they train cops to shoot if it looks like a gun, no matter what color it is (training guns are completely painted) or if there is anything on the tip or not.
I agree with that - if you point something gun looking at a cop & you should be ready to get shot.
How to post pics & videos: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6363
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.

PainKillaX

Post by PainKillaX » 05 Mar 2010, 21:45

On the news a few days ago they had a story about gas-operated (as in green gas/propane/CO2) airsoft M4s being seized as they could "be converted to fire real ammunition". Saw this on the airsoft forums I frequented about a year ago when it first started. I'm not sure how you would do it, as I don't think any airsoft parts could handle the stress of real ammunition.

I believe a while back on this forum the consensus was, if you point a gun (real or not) at another person you better be ready to suffer the consequences. Personally I agree, but correct me if I'm wrong as I do not like to speak for others.

fooschnickens
custom title: ~( ̄∇ ̄~) (~ ̄∇ ̄)~

Post by fooschnickens » 05 Mar 2010, 21:55

Here's the article:

http://www.examiner.com/x-1417-Gun-Righ ... g-toy-guns" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.f00tography.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Corporation: n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility.
-Ambrose Bierce

CenCalSplicer

Post by CenCalSplicer » 05 Mar 2010, 22:26

I hope the business files the FIA complaint and gets the supposed testing data the BATFE has and makes them look rediculous. I guess its easier and safer to go after law abiding citizens then the real criminals. We dont shoot back and they dont have to spend unwanted time in "the hood" building a case against BG's.

freelienr

Post by freelienr » 06 Mar 2010, 08:23

I agree, if you point something that looks like a gun at anyone (especially cops) you're asking to get shot. The bad thing is that Kids these days don't really get it. You got your mall ninjas, your gamers, airsofters, etc. all who play with "guns" Some actually learn proper handling techniques and have been taught that you don't point guns (real or fake) at people "as a joke", but alot have not, and are just kids being stupid and not really understanding the gravity of what they do.

In my mind the best gun control and way to prevent accidents. Would not to make guns the "forbidden fruit" but rather educate kids at a young age how to handle and fire a gun. Let them use guns properly, then it's not this mysterious "cool" thing that you aren't allowed to touch. History proves we jsut can't leave stuff alone if we are told not to touch it, and since all they have been told is not to touch instead of taught how to handle, accidents happen more easily when they do get their hands on a gun and start using it how video games and tv have taught them how to use them.

In regards to modifying an airsoft, it wouldn't be able to use bullets. I know they are making some high end stuff, all metal frames etc. but you would have to be a special kind of stupid to try to modify it to shoot real bullets. I could see a metal shaft loaded into it and use it like a high powered blow-dart gun. Won't have the range of a rifle, but it's quiet and would still be deadly at the proper range.

fatherfoof

Post by fatherfoof » 06 Mar 2010, 15:22

Toy companies refuse to make dark guns after a kid gets shot by a cop, then Smith and Charter feature choice of stylish colored guns... This has gone on for 30 yrs.
Please PM Me for LE/Military Access

Hebs

Post by Hebs » 06 Mar 2010, 17:42

Wait... Where do I get one of these $50 machine guns??

PainKillaX

Post by PainKillaX » 06 Mar 2010, 17:58

Actually the specific brand of guns they are talking about run something like two to three hundred I believe.