LE/MIL Please Follow Directions

General discussion.
fatherfoof

LE/MIL Please Follow Directions

Post by fatherfoof » 23 Dec 2009, 11:51

Please note "PM" under my posts for LE/MIL access. I am getting unsigned emails from strangers wanting to send pictures of their badge. These go right into file 13, because the forum is set up to resend them. All I see is from forum webmaster-- he already is in the LE Forum :D So, please pm me and I'll tell you what we need. Thank you all. ff
Please PM Me for LE/Military Access

panzermk2wife
Forum Supporter

Re: LE/MIL Please Follow Directions

Post by panzermk2wife » 23 Dec 2009, 14:01

There is also a protocol for getting access to the Law Enforcement/Military Forum. It is also the same rules for learning and purchasing our LEO/Mil ONLY Ammunition. Which is NOT discussed in the open forum.

You must send the proper credentials. Either scan & email a copy of your current creds or mail them in. A picture of ones shield will not be accepted. The one difference between the LEO/Mil forum and purchasing the LEO/Mil ONLY Ammunition is for the forum you can be current or retired, buying the Ammunition you MUST be current Law Enforcement or current Military.

Once received it is noted that your credentials are on file and then they are shredded. This procedure is put in place for a couple of different reasons

For the Forum-just like in Vegas "What's said in the LEO Forum stays in the Leo Forum" This also keeps posers out of this forum and keeps it true to LEO & Military personnel only.

For our Law Enforcement Only Rounds-It's to keep it from getting into the wrong hands.

I hope this clears up any confusion on why it is important that the right creds are given.

I am sure if there is anything else that needs to be posted either Cyberfly, Fatherfoof or one of the other moderators will chime in.
Visit Us on FaceBook
https://www.facebook.com/EliteAmmunition5.7x28mm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Leave Us Feedback on the Forum
http://www.fivesevenforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=8630" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

rickys2

Post by rickys2 » 24 Dec 2009, 12:50

Hello Lisa and fatherfoof,

OK, I have a problem sending my ID to people I don't know. Of explainable how do I know that someone in your company (like Ryan Herle) won't use my id for the wrong reason. "By the way nice drama thread"

Sorry if I offend you in any way, but being a Police Chief in south Florida you expect the worst and hope of the best. Also Lisa Please Pm me the different between your ammo and the ammo I get from FN.

Thanks
Rick

panzermk2wife
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2wife » 24 Dec 2009, 13:27

"He" is no longer with the company. There are 2 employees at Elite Ammunition and that is the owners of EA and that is Jay & I.

There are several threads on the forum discussing the difference between our Ammunition & FN's ammunition.

But also the same can be said for those who don't send their creds. There have been MANY posers claiming to be one thing and turning out to be a complete poser and we are done with them. I think after what happened to us we have the right to be more cautious of people.

People have the right not to send in the creds needed but the forum owner (Justin) & moderators have the right not give access to that forum as well. This procedure was put in place from day one.

As I have said in the above post they get shredded once received and a notation gets put on our customer data base.
Visit Us on FaceBook
https://www.facebook.com/EliteAmmunition5.7x28mm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.fivesevenforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=8630" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 24 Dec 2009, 13:31

Rick
I understand, fortunately I handled all of that since I was managing the front half of the company. I have had some black passport information and used their secured electronic communication system to verify their information. You can also send them to JD or Cyberfly. Both are career LEO's and still active in Law enforcement.

Jay
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

jmz5
Site Admin

Post by jmz5 » 24 Dec 2009, 13:34

No Creds, no soup. Just how it is.
I don't personally view the creds, and don't care to see them.
If FF and Fly say they are LEO, their word is good enough for me.
كاف

jmz5
Site Admin

Post by jmz5 » 24 Dec 2009, 13:40

And here is a note for all of the posers out there, if I find out that you submited phony creds to JD or Heath, you will be permabanned. :)
كاف

rickys2

Post by rickys2 » 24 Dec 2009, 14:00

Wow.. That was quick response. Ok I don't want this to be another drama thread so I will stop here. Lisa you have a pm

thanks all
Rick

EARS

Post by EARS » 24 Dec 2009, 18:08

Posing as an LEO and not being one is also a criminal offense.

Cyberfly
Global Moderator
custom title: Mens Room Attendant

Post by Cyberfly » 25 Dec 2009, 22:40

Rick-
This isn't 'drama'. We've discussed the topic a time or two before. I can understand your hesitancy in sending out your creds to people you don't know. But, unfortunately, that's the way it has to be. This isn't the FN forum where you simply raise your hand and say, "I'm a cop" and they give you special status that really doesn't amount to much.
In our forums, we actually have quite a few training articles that come to you from some of the best training officers out there. We have a lot of tips for keeping you safe while off duty and how to keep your family safe as well. But most importantly, we have the info that everybody is chomping at the bit for...the LE/MIL rounds from EA. And yes, they ARE are all that and a bag o' chips better than what FN offers.
What do we do with your creds?
The Padre checks you out. Usually, we just check it out and if they appear real, you're in. If anything looks the slightest bit out of whack, your department gets a call and we make sure you are who you (and your ID) say you are. Then you are in. We ask you during the initial contact if you want your info forwarded to EA for them to add you to their list for ordering ammo. This is entirely up to you. If you decide you want us to, we will and they add your name to a list of pre-approved buyers, then both EA and the Padre destroy our copies of your creds. We have no need to keep a copy of them. We have accomplished what we have set out to do and you have gained access. If you are truly that concerned, I invite you to post a thread in the lounge and ask any of the other members who are LE section members if any of them have had any issues in the past with 'identity theft' of their LE ID's.
I already know the answer. But if it makes you feel better go ahead. We have nothing to hide, but you have a lot to gain.
Never confuse 'The will of the Majority' with 'The will of God'.
**This post created with 100% recycled photons!**

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 25 Dec 2009, 23:36

Well put :thumb:
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

EARS

Post by EARS » 26 Dec 2009, 07:20

Fly, excellently said.

Cyberfly
Global Moderator

Post by Cyberfly » 26 Dec 2009, 15:25

Thank you gentlemen. I felt that I needed to add something, and there was no need for me to be pissy. The man had a valid concern, and one that I've had to address before.
In today's world with all the talk of identity theft and people who are doing bad things with other people's information, I can understand Rick's concerns. I truly can. Just as I can understand the concerns of many of our Military members who are asked to make copies of their ID's (which they have recently been reminded is against UCMJ rules).
We aren't wanting to ask anybody to break the law or go against their better judgement, but until someone can come up with a better way for us to verify their status, we have no choice but continue doing what we've been doing. It sucks, but, hey, we have something worth protecting. At least, I feel we do. And when it comes to EA's LEROY rounds, I KNOW we do.
I truly wish there was a simpler way.
I also understand that Ryan's actions have once again caused a shadow on us. >sigh< I wish we could finally cut the ghostly ties of his legacy.
I doubt that I could actually 'say' anything that will make you feel better Rick. All I can do is try to assure you that we have never done anything nefarious with anybody's ID in the past and have no intentions of ever doing so in the future. That was why I invited you to post in the open forums and ask the members if they have ever had a problem stemming from something like that. That was a sincere gesture on my part. If it will alleviate your fears in any way, then by all means, feel free to do so. You won't hurt my feelings in any way and you would be welcomed in the LE section. As I said before, we have nothng to lose and you have everything to gain.

t1210

Post by t1210 » 28 Dec 2009, 07:57

+1, The articles posted by Fly and FatherFoof are well worth it. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Lonestar50

Post by Lonestar50 » 28 Dec 2009, 21:35

I plan on submitting mine this week for access.

On a side note, what about a letter on department letterhead verifing employment ect. in place of photos of your Identification. That might be an option that might make some folks more comfortable.

Cyberfly
Global Moderator

Post by Cyberfly » 28 Dec 2009, 21:54

An option, yes. It would definitely take more time as the mail is SLOW. Scanning one into a picture isn't such a good idea because a letter like that is too easily faked. Of course, department letterheads also have phone numbers, so the Padre could also use that to also call and verify...so...maybe.
That is something we could discuss.
The problem is this: I could approach the forum and say, "My name is (insert name of local law enforcement officer). I'm not comfortable sending a copy of my LE creds. Is it possible you could just call my Sheriff/Chief of Police and verify that I work there?" That sounds simple enough. Except all that we've done is verify that an officer with that name works in that department. We still haven't verified that YOU are THAT officer. Perhaps that officer wrote you a parking violation, you remembered the name and decided to use that to try to access the LE section. Ballsy? Yes. Probable? Not likely as we would out you. Possible? Yes. It wouldn't be the first poser we've had here...believe me. However, a written letter on department letterhead from a Sheriff's desk or Undersheriff's desk or from the Chief's desk with a penned signature...that's a bit different. Then we have something tangible and again, we have a number to call and we can verify that you are that officer as you would have had to explain to them the reason for the letter.

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 28 Dec 2009, 21:56

We take those also, but with letter head only and no pic your department head will get a phone call.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

Lonestar50

Post by Lonestar50 » 28 Dec 2009, 22:20

I understand . I had to send my creds to the moderators to get access to the 10-8 forums. That was to be expected, I just thought I might throw out another option that might not have been mentioned before.

User42

Post by User42 » 28 Dec 2009, 22:28

Cyberfly wrote:The problem is this: I could approach the forum and say, "My name is (insert name of local law enforcement officer). I'm not comfortable sending a copy of my LE creds. Is it possible you could just call my Sheriff/Chief of Police and verify that I work there?" That sounds simple enough. Except all that we've done is verify that an officer with that name works in that department. We still haven't verified that YOU are THAT officer.
Easy solution if that comes up. If you call and verify the name, have them leave a message to call you back. If it wasn't the officer requesting this, he should know he has a poser trying to use his creds online. If it is, then he has just been verified.

Anyways, I'm amazed I have forgotten to send you my info so long. I guess I should go ahead and do that, before I forget again. :laugh:
If a man dedicates his life to good deeds and the welfare of others, He will die unthanked and unremembered. If he exercises his genius bringing death and misery to billions, his name will echo down through the millennia for a hundred lifetimes.

panzermk2wife
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2wife » 28 Dec 2009, 22:45

User42 wrote:Anyways, I'm amazed I have forgotten to send you my info so long. I guess I should go ahead and do that, before I forget again. :laugh:
You're in trouble now PM inbound :laugh:
j/k you're not in trouble, but a pm is in bound :D
Visit Us on FaceBook