6 speeders blow past trooper in exotic cars

General discussion.
f3rr37
Site Admin

6 speeders blow past trooper in exotic cars

Post by f3rr37 » 05 May 2009, 10:42

Exciting day for a couple of OSP Troopers.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/43582947.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Busted! 6 speeders blow past trooper in exotic cars

GRAND RONDE, Ore. - The drivers of six exotic sports cars were busted - all at one time - for speed racing Thursday along a two-lane highway in Oregon's Coastal Range.

An Oregon State Police trooper pulled the drivers over after he spotted the cars racing at high speeds along Highway 18 near Grand Ronde.

About two hours later, one of the same vehicles was again stopped again by a trooper in the Columbia River Gorge for a high-speed violation.

Senior Trooper David Peterson began watching for the speeding vehicles at about 11:15 a.m. after receiving a dispatch from the Oregon State Police's Northern Command Center.

The center reported about 10 exotic-style cars - including Ferraris, a Lamborghini and others - passing in no-pass zones and traveling at high speed on the highway, which connects Lincoln City on the coast with the Willamette Valley.

Trooper Peterson pulled off the highway and observed five of the vehicles scream past at a high rate of speed. As he accelerated onto Highway 18, a sixth vehicle blew the past patrol car at high speed.

The trooper stopped all six vehicles and cited the drivers for speed racing. The drivers were cooperative and told the trooper there was a total of 20 similar vehicles traveling together on an annual road trip.

One of the stopped drivers was from Washington state and the other drivers were from Canada.

More than two hours later one of the same vehicles, a 2004 Lamborghini with Alberta license plate "BADBUL," was stopped about 1:45 p.m. on Interstate 84 eastbound near Multnomah Falls by Oregon State Police Sgt. Tom Worthy, for doing 90 mph in a 65-mph zone.

f3rr37
Site Admin

Re: 6 speeders blow past trooper in exotic cars

Post by f3rr37 » 05 May 2009, 10:45

See the article for pictures.

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 05 May 2009, 11:23

Another reason this country has so many problems, 90 mph SPEEDING? In those cars? They can do 90 in 2nd gear. This were Europe is light years ahead of us.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 05 May 2009, 12:09

They're rich pr!cks, what do they care about speeding tickets? In WA state, 25MPH above posted speed limit constitutes a Reckless Driving offense - and they can arrest the driver for it. Might make a better impression if they get a ride in a cop car instead of a piece of paper. Not sure if OR has a similar law
How to post pics & videos: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6363
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.

f3rr37
Site Admin

Post by f3rr37 » 05 May 2009, 12:19

I believe anything over 100mph in Oregon is considered reckless driving and you go to jail and your car gets impounded.

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 05 May 2009, 15:20

Class bashing aside there are two types of people who own these cars.

As the boys from TopGear call them "Cocks" (Some sort of Brit slang) then there are the others like these who are gear heads love their cars and drive them the way there were meant.

I can't fault them while not in there class my Mustang GT easily and safely can do 120mph all day. On an open clear road out west why the hell do I have to do 55mph or if the stars align I am in a state that allows 65mph, something a Prius can do without effort.

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 05 May 2009, 15:25

Some of the newer Ferrari's just don't work for me. Enzo to much of a shop Queen. Now the F40, that car was insane. A race car that you can actually drive everyday.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

MrSlippyFist
Global Moderator
custom title: Sweeper

Post by MrSlippyFist » 05 May 2009, 15:26

I do 90 in my civic. Cuz I'm a rebel.
Embrace the Suck

f3rr37
Site Admin

Post by f3rr37 » 05 May 2009, 15:34

panzermk2 wrote:On an open clear road out west why the hell do I have to do 55mph or if the stars align I am in a state that allows 65mph, something a Prius can do without effort.

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:
Except this was near Oregon coast, yes it would be fun as the roads are quite curvy... however they are 2-lane w/no room for error and are heavily traveled by motor homes, bicyclists, and grandma and grandpa type tourists.

Here is a picture from google maps street view of HWY 18 near Grande Ronde where the cars were spotted.

MrSlippyFist
Global Moderator
custom title: Sweeper

Post by MrSlippyFist » 05 May 2009, 15:47

F that, those roads are always wet.
Embrace the Suck

eagleshotz
custom title: You like that

Post by eagleshotz » 05 May 2009, 17:17

panzermk2 wrote:Some of the newer Ferrari's just don't work for me. Enzo to much of a shop Queen. Now the F40, that car was insane. A race car that you can actually drive everyday.
You want a REAL race car. Check out the Mclaren f1. Might not be as friendly drivable as the F40, but then again when you get into exotic cars like that, who the heck cares if its drivable everyday! Just get yourself a Mercedes Maybach and you can take the whole family driving and not even no your going 150 + Safely hugging the streets. Just make sure when you get home you dont park next to some new neighbors in you apartment complex. :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 05 May 2009, 17:40

Never heard of these before but they look cool

eagleshotz

Post by eagleshotz » 05 May 2009, 17:52

I will just stick with my Giro! :p

lfs

Post by lfs » 05 May 2009, 18:45

I have little sympathy for racing on public streets. It might be because I once worked with a sys admin who got a call one night because his wife and two daughters were put into intensive care by a street racer... oh, and the kid you lost control and hit their car walked away from the accident.

eagleshotz

Post by eagleshotz » 05 May 2009, 19:16

lfs wrote:I have little sympathy for racing on public streets. It might be because I once worked with a sys admin who got a call one night because his wife and two daughters were put into intensive care by a street racer... oh, and the kid you lost control and hit their car walked away from the accident.
Then they should have done the speed LIMIT. :?:

Esteves
Wiki Moderator
custom title: Shhh!

Post by Esteves » 05 May 2009, 19:49

I was driving to Las Vegas one year.
On a Thursday.
In broad daylight.
With perfect weather.
And "no" other cars on the road.

Smokey wrote the ticket for 120, he must have caught me in a bend.

(It took him a while to catch up.)

That ticket cost me an armandafrigginleg.
--
S
© 2004-2019 Esteves

Political tags — such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative,
and so forth — are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want
people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 05 May 2009, 22:27

Rapier1772 wrote:Never heard of these before but they look cool
Search youtube. Top Gear has tested the hell out of the Zonda. They have made an open top version.

I thought we were talking red Italian stuff. McClaren FI I see it and raise you Veyron.

The Veyron is how the Horseman of the Apocalypses are really going to arrive . Fastest street legal car in the world 253mph.

You really need to watch this vid. The embedding has been disabled on youtube, here is the link. I NEVER get tired of watching this test drive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO0PgyPWE3o
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 05 May 2009, 22:45

Now those I've heard of & you're right :drool: :drool:
If I ever win the lottery, I'm gonna buy one :monkey:

fatherfoof

Post by fatherfoof » 05 May 2009, 23:09

Sorry, many of you are dear friends, but I shall render fact not opinion. Germans view speed limits as "How dare you" much as we view free speach or owning a gun. I spent a career as a state trooper, and each weekend saw cars come from the auction at Manheim to Philly. I quit counting deaths after 100. Let me guess :Oh yeah, I'm a badass MOFO and no one can tell me I can't drive... until a deer bolts out and you have 1/8 second to respond. Sorry, pal, NASCAR ain't that good and you are worse. Children's bodies on the road don't impress me as to how bad and fantabulous a muthafukka driva you think you are. Children living with mama with a computer attached to a forum; you don't merit the FiveSeven. It amazes me in ballistics to driving how the baddest ass talkers are the children who know nothing, yes NOTHING of the real world. After you've been in a 120mph plus pursuit for 120 miles or been in a bloodbath firefight then blab on an anonymous internet forum. Jay, Fly MO,Wolly, EARS MONT SHER, T-1210, EMPTYBRASS, Lisa and ( forgive me if I missed you out of a grand) earned the right to talk trash. Children, yeah those who never served in LE or the military, go look at the mirror and play with yourself. That is the greatest joy you deserve. Doubtless many who read this will scream--go ahead, nobody cares. Nobody.
Last edited by fatherfoof on 05 May 2009, 23:47, edited 1 time in total.
Please PM Me for LE/Military Access

romer522

Post by romer522 » 05 May 2009, 23:34

Did i miss something somewhere?

fatherfoof

Post by fatherfoof » 05 May 2009, 23:56

Indeed. I believe it was in the editorial aspect that more people die in crashes annually that in the entire Viet Nam War. It is simply a reality check for those who implicitly equate from previous posts speed with manhood to the reality that speed kills. Rom, I know you're a decent guy, and I am sure you find mangled corpses of dead children abhorrent. So forgive me for forgetting to include you amongst those listed. You are a good guy and I am remiss in placing you on the list. Forgive me. ff

fatherfoof

Post by fatherfoof » 06 May 2009, 00:09

It may be a simple matter to apologize, but this is very simple. If you feel mangled corpses of dead children cool- go for it ! I simply ask, how many have you seen? How many funerals have you done? Otherwise, drive as fast as you can. Muscle cars are cool. Speed limits are tyranical, and crying mothers are simple ass bitches who don't appreciate a hemi. This is from a priest who owned 2 vettes, was immune to traffic laws-- do you see things from that perspective?

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 06 May 2009, 05:51

FF has a point. I wasn't LE but I did the EMT thing for a bit in WA. We broke the speed limit in performance of our duties but not to that extent & it's not something to take lightly. You never know what someone else is going to do. You not only have to drive your vehicle but you have to anticipate what the untrained people are going to do with their vehicles. The faster you go, the more info you have to process & the less time you have to react. How many of these fancy/muscle car drivers have actually been trained to drive at speeds like that? Will they know what to do if they have a blowout or other mechanical failure? Not to mention what will happen when the other vehicles do something unexpected...

romer522

Post by romer522 » 06 May 2009, 08:50

Its not a problem father, I didn't actually care that i wasn't on the "list". I just wasn't quite piecing together the anger in your post regarding this thread. Though now that i think about it more, knowing how angry i have been while witnessing the stupid driving acts I have seen that haven't even gone wrong, I understand the anger now.

I've seen some incredibly stupid driving during my relatively short driving career, usually multiple car passes going up little hills or around corners. I know that if i had a magic button that simple removed those stupid human beings from this planet i would push it in a heartbeat when those situations happened. I also know the more times i see idiotic events like those, that I will eventually end up seeing the mangled bodies of children.

Another problem just as large as reckless drivers are the people who simply just don't pay attention to WTF is going on when they are driving.

SSBiggun

Post by SSBiggun » 06 May 2009, 12:11

fatherfoof wrote:It may be a simple matter to apologize, but this is very simple. If you feel mangled corpses of dead children cool- go for it ! I simply ask, how many have you seen? How many funerals have you done? Otherwise, drive as fast as you can. Muscle cars are cool. Speed limits are tyranical, and crying mothers are simple ass bitches who don't appreciate a hemi. This is from a priest who owned 2 vettes, was immune to traffic laws-- do you see things from that perspective?
After watching the life ebb out of an 8 year old girl because the extrication team could not free her from the wreckage of a 1990 suburban quickly enough to have any real chance. While the driver of the pickup that hit them staggered around the scene pending arrest. (he had run a red light @ 60 mph) I had to re-evauluate my career choice and still have never gotten over the scenes like this played out several times a month. Sports cars are not evil things but just as firearms if used irresponsibly can ruin lives. Does that mean I dont think a Diablo isnt cool"hell no" Just a very rare and powerful machine that is not for everyone. In the previously mentioned 10-50 I noted the types of vehicles for a reason. Ive been in 120 mph pursuits and it is not something to enjoy. We just had another issue here last week in Ogden UT were the perps ran the Police pursued the perps wrecked and killed 2 young men in another car. The public outcry is focused on the Department and the Officer who initiated and not the F*****G bags who ran.

I just realized i was getting carried away.
SSBiggun 10-42

eagleshotz

Post by eagleshotz » 06 May 2009, 16:50

panzermk2 wrote:
Rapier1772 wrote:Never heard of these before but they look cool
Search youtube. Top Gear has tested the hell out of the Zonda. They have made an open top version.

I thought we were talking red Italian stuff. McClaren FI I see it and raise you Veyron.

The Veyron is how the Horseman of the Apocalypses are really going to arrive . Fastest street legal car in the world 253mph.

Yes I would have to agree with you there Panzer, the Veyron is one MEAN machine. I do not remember were I read about it but I do remember it was said that when your driving the Veyron at top speed of 250 you are going to need new tires in about 20 minutes I believe. WOW! I cannot imagine 10 years from now what car will take its place.

You really need to watch this vid. The embedding has been disabled on youtube, here is the link. I NEVER get tired of watching this test drive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO0PgyPWE3o

Cyberfly
Global Moderator
custom title: Mens Room Attendant

Post by Cyberfly » 06 May 2009, 20:54

Padre, I agree with ya. But I also know that as a previous owner of an SRT8 Charger, Dodge/Chrysler took the owners to the racetrack and trained them how to know the limits of their vehicles (and other SRT vehicles including the Viper). It was easy to get carried away with all that power available and even I, when I knew the road was clear and the conditions were right, would take mine to excess. All for the adrenaline and the ability to say that I took my 'wife's grocery getter' to 170 'just cuz it can'.
Now, I know thats not the smartest thing to do, but I was alone, a deserted road where I could see that there was no traffic for miles each way and the road conditions were favorable. As I'm sure you probably did once or twice with your Vettes.
True, we tried to be more responsible than the average bonehead that thought they were ten foot tall and bullet proof. Even the best of drivers can't always foretell what the other drivers are going to do.
I understand your anger. Believe me I do. But what pisses me off more than speeders are those who think they can drink a bottle of vodka and still drive home...
Never confuse 'The will of the Majority' with 'The will of God'.
**This post created with 100% recycled photons!**

Esteves
Wiki Moderator
custom title: Shhh!

Post by Esteves » 06 May 2009, 21:42

FF, FWIW, I agree with you. The personal experience I outlined was many years ago when I was younger and dumber. The outcome could have been much worse. I've learned my lesson, made my ammends, mended my ways, and haven't opened it up like that since.
--
S
© 2004-2019 Esteves

Political tags — such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative,
and so forth — are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want
people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

eagleshotz

Post by eagleshotz » 11 May 2009, 18:17

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/archive ... o-com.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:ponder:

eagleshotz

Post by eagleshotz » 11 May 2009, 18:21

fatherfoof wrote:Sorry, Jay, Fly MO,Wolly, EARS MONT SHER, T-1210, EMPTYBRASS, Lisa and ( forgive me if I missed you out of a grand) earned the right to talk trash! :lmao: :cool:

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 11 May 2009, 20:01

Pulled him over for failure to use a turn signal? Considering the violations I see in Dallas every time I go there, I didn't think they cared about that.
25 years on the force & he still doesn't know not to drink & drive?

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Post by blueorison » 11 May 2009, 23:04

Nightline (IIRC) did a special on cops and drunk driving. They took a hidden camera, followed cops after work to the bars, and witnessed countless of them driving home drunk.

Some cops think they are above the law; it's like how some veteran shooters on the line dont follow safety protocols because they think they're above it.

These cops give cops a bad name.

eccvets

Post by eccvets » 13 May 2009, 09:35

bad piggys! no doughnut for you. I can do 90 in a friggen toyota camery haha. that trooper was simply jealous he will never get to drive or own a car like any of those.

speed doesn't kill, drunk people do!

eccvets

Post by eccvets » 13 May 2009, 09:40

fatherfoof wrote:Sorry, many of you are dear friends, but I shall render fact not opinion. Germans view speed limits as "How dare you" much as we view free speach or owning a gun. I spent a career as a state trooper, and each weekend saw cars come from the auction at Manheim to Philly. I quit counting deaths after 100. Let me guess :Oh yeah, I'm a badass MOFO and no one can tell me I can't drive... until a deer bolts out and you have 1/8 second to respond. Sorry, pal, NASCAR ain't that good and you are worse. Children's bodies on the road don't impress me as to how bad and fantabulous a muthafukka driva you think you are. Children living with mama with a computer attached to a forum; you don't merit the FiveSeven. It amazes me in ballistics to driving how the baddest ass talkers are the children who know nothing, yes NOTHING of the real world. After you've been in a 120mph plus pursuit for 120 miles or been in a bloodbath firefight then blab on an anonymous internet forum. Jay, Fly MO,Wolly, EARS MONT SHER, T-1210, EMPTYBRASS, Lisa and ( forgive me if I missed you out of a grand) earned the right to talk trash. Children, yeah those who never served in LE or the military, go look at the mirror and play with yourself. That is the greatest joy you deserve. Doubtless many who read this will scream--go ahead, nobody cares. Nobody.

if you didnt want to see deaths, you really should never have taken a job which gaurentees it!

f3rr37
Site Admin

Post by f3rr37 » 13 May 2009, 09:45

eccvets,

I don't like either of your latest two comments here, I'm hoping the first was sarcastic.

Cyberfly
Global Moderator

Post by Cyberfly » 13 May 2009, 10:13

Whether they were or they weren't, I suppose he's entitled to his opinion. No matter how lame it is.
To come to any site that is populated by a majority of LEO's and military and then pop off something that stupid is...well...stupid.
He deserves whatever bashing he gets.
I say leave him to whatever he gets and let the members have at him.

Cyberfly
Global Moderator

Post by Cyberfly » 13 May 2009, 10:14

Come to think of it, it kind of reminded me of during the election and the Bam Bam supporters would register and sing his praises here. Remember that? :lmao:
Yeah.
>sigh<
They deserved what they got too.

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 13 Jun 2009, 13:46

HA HA! :p (Put this here cuz this the thread with the Bugatti in it already)

gotants

Post by gotants » 13 Jun 2009, 20:14

Wow! Where to start? Or dare I?

First off, cars are cool, but being a <profanity> in one is not.

As for where this thread ended up....again, wow!!

I am not, nor have been LEO, nor military. But being so doesn't exclude one from being normal. That being said, we all make mistakes. As for the officer getting the DUI, as it reads to me, sounds fishy. I mean, come on, pulled over for improper use of a turn signal? It sounds like an excuse to again, retaliate against this officer.

Many LEO's have driven after drinking. Does it make it right? NO! But he should be just like any other Joe Public and there should be a reasonable reason for pulling him over.

OK, do I get hung now? Maybe just a little flogging?

ynoty3k
custom title: Hoplophile

Post by ynoty3k » 13 Jun 2009, 21:59

I've got 2 Veryons they're pretty sweet, fast as <profanity>!

in my facebook speed racing application....

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 13 Jun 2009, 22:04

Just like most things... Gotta read the fine print :p

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 13 Jun 2009, 22:17

yep
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

DAUG

Post by DAUG » 14 Jun 2009, 05:51

Hey, what are those . . . special no-go-fast boots for ultra-rich Eurotrash a**holes? Notice the Beemerwagon has one too . . ha, ha, totally busted! Great accessories for the person who has everything I suppose! :evil:

As stated earlier, those who've never experienced death and suffering have little appeciation for life! We've all indulged some form of guilty pleasure unless you've lived under a rock your whole life. And no one should be denied these things, since that's what life is all about. But the message is loud and clear; be thoughtful human beings, practices some self control, and be mindful of the consequences if/when you don't.
EARTH FIRST! We'll pave the other planets later - 5Jeffro7

gotants

Post by gotants » 14 Jun 2009, 06:03

Rapier1772 wrote:Just like most things... Gotta read the fine print :p
What am I missing here?

jmz5
Site Admin

Post by jmz5 » 14 Jun 2009, 06:10

According to a facebook app I am a dirty harry badass. :laugh:

Just watch out for the Koobface Virus on facebook, it's spreading like wildfire on there.
كاف

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 14 Jun 2009, 17:01

gotants wrote:
Rapier1772 wrote:Just like most things... Gotta read the fine print :p
What am I missing here?
ynoty3k had fine print when stating "I've got 2 Veryons they're pretty sweet, fast as <profanity>!" I am not going to say what it is though :p

ynoty3k

Post by ynoty3k » 17 Jun 2009, 21:54

tee hee hee! :p :p :p :p :p :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

gw45acp
Gold Member

Post by gw45acp » 17 Jun 2009, 22:44

ynoty3k wrote:I've got 2 Veryons they're pretty sweet, fast as <profanity>!

in my facebook speed racing application

You can now see his fine print.
"How the Hell did I get here?"

ynoty3k

Post by ynoty3k » 18 Jun 2009, 12:59

MO you sure seem to be a spiteful old man, full of hate for any and everyone. Maybe blind and dumb too.

Grantness

Post by Grantness » 18 Jun 2009, 13:46

wow, you just picked a fight with MO. I dont envy you. But keep those insults coming...while I go get the popcorn.

Just think, eight more posts and you'll be allowed to sell all four of your Marushin fivesevens in the classified forum! Then you could get a real one!

ynoty3k

Post by ynoty3k » 18 Jun 2009, 13:58

Grantness wrote:wow, you just picked a fight with MO. I dont envy you. But keep those insults coming...while I go get the popcorn.

Just think, eight more posts and you'll be allowed to sell all four of your Marushin fivesevens in the classified forum! Then you could get a real one!
har har har. I don't hang around here to get to 50 so I can sell on the forums. For being against airsoft quite a few of you know a bit too much about it.

I already have money for my FsN, I just have too many other options. Besides, I've always like the tactical, and USG's arent my favorite.

I'm not scared of MO. Its an internet fight, big deal.

Perhaps I should have included this in the other post as well

*included and embodied.

Grantness

Post by Grantness » 18 Jun 2009, 14:32

ynoty3k wrote:I already have money for my FsN, I just have too many other options. Besides, I've always like the tactical, and USG's arent my favorite.

So...get a Tactical then. Here, let me refer you to a nice fellow who might be able to help you out. http://www.fnforum.net/viewtopic.php?t=14035&highlight=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Grantness

Post by Grantness » 18 Jun 2009, 14:48

ynoy3k wrote:I'm not scared of MO. Its an internet fight, big deal.
Did I say you should be scared of MO? No, I said I dont envy you for picking a fight with MO. There's no way you will ever have a place here if you start trashing MO. Everyone will shun you. You will not be welcome....and prob worst of all, you will never get to sample any of his awesome ammunition (although that might not be such a big deal to you as I dont believe EA sells any hypervelocity plastic BB's). Again, I dont envy you.

However, there are entire forums dedicated to the trashing of MO. Perhaps you might like to visit. There's AR15.com, FNForum.net, Snipercentral.com, calguns.net, thehighroad.com, glocktalk.com, TACforum.com etc, etc.... :lmao: