FNH USA Announces New Products for 2013

General discussion.
DmL5

FNH USA Announces New Products for 2013

Post by DmL5 » 12 Jan 2013, 21:13

No mention of the Five-seveN yet.

http://www.fnhusa.com/l/media-center/pr ... wproducts/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Line-up Expands Capabilities and Versatility of Popular Product Lines

(McLean, VA – January 9, 2013) FNH USA, LLC is proud to announce the launch of six new products for 2013, including an all-new caliber conversion kit for the FN FNS™ striker-fired pistol. Other new products include the FN FNX™-45 pistol, Ballista™ bolt-action rifle, the FN SPR™ A5 XP rifle, FN SCAR® barrel assembly and the FN SC™ 1 30-inch Over/Under shotgun.

“We are very excited to introduce these new products for 2013,” said Ken Pfau, Senior Vice President for FNH USA. “With these additions, FN has rounded out our brand by expanding the capabilities and versatility of our already-strong product lines. We are now a one-stop shop for customers looking for the very best in tactical shooting, personal defense and 3-gun competition.”

The FN FNS™ Combination Kit is available in either 9 mm or .40 S&W. The kit, which contains a slide, barrel, spring and magazine, allows consumers to change the caliber of their FNS™-9 to a .40 S&W or their FNS™-40 to 9 mm without modifying the firearm. Each kit is packaged in a nylon cordura soft case. MSRP for 2013 is available upon request.

The FNX™-45 is the latest addition to the FNX™ product line. The line now features double-action/single-action hammer-driven pistols available in 9mm, .40 S&W and .45 ACP. All three variants are fully ambidextrous and feature a manual safety/decocking lever, slide stop lever and magazine release. The slide and the barrel are stainless steel and the checkered polymer frame has two interchangeable backstraps with lanyard eyelets. All are fitted with a MIL-STD 1913 mounting rail on the underside that accepts tactical lights and lasers. This product comes with three magazines and a hard locking case. MSRP for 2013 is $824.

Designed by Unique Alpine AG to meet the exacting requirements of the U.S. Precision Rifle Market, the Ballista™ is a fully modular bolt-action rifle designed for surgically precise accuracy at longer distances. The cornerstone of its design is a high-strength, vibration-isolated aluminum alloy receiver with a top-mounted MIL-STD 1913 rail. It also has additional rail segments for slings, bipods, lights, lasers or other accessories, and a fully adjustable trigger system for single or two-stage release between 2 and 5 lbs. The Ballista’s 26” fluted barrel is configured for .338 Lapua Mag. and is interchangeable with caliber conversion kits for .300 Win. Mag. and .308 Win. This product comes with one detachable box magazine fitted with .338 Lapua Mag. interior assemblies. MSRP for 2013 is $9,995.

The FN SPR™ A5 XP is the newest bolt rifle in FN’s SPR™ product line. Designed specifically for customers seeking a tactical competition precision rifle, the new FN SPR™ A5 XP features a threaded muzzle, threaded tactical bolt knob, a McMillan integral cheek rest and a 1:12-inch twist rate to accommodate suppressed fire. MSRP for 2013 is $2,899.

FN SCAR® Barrel Assemblies are available in 10 and 14-inch lengths for the SCAR® 16S and 13-inch length for the SCAR® 17S that offer consumers greater versatility. Each complete assembly includes the cold hammer-forged, chrome-lined MIL-SPEC steel barrels with front sight assembly, gas regulator, gas piston and compensator installed and can be easily assembled using only a Torx® T-25 torque wrench. The MSRP for 2013 starts at $1,299.

The latest addition to the FN SC™ 1 product line is a 30-inch barrel variant. Both it and the existing 28-inch barrel model feature fully chrome-lined back-bored ported barrels designed specifically for shooting competition trap and skeet. In addition to the longer barrel length, the new FN SC 1™ 30-inch will also feature a laminated wood stock available in either Team FNH USA blue and grey, or a black and grey combination. MSRP for 2013 is $2,449.

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Re: FNH USA Announces New Products for 2013

Post by panzermk2 » 12 Jan 2013, 22:43

Most of My inside guys have moved on or just not in contact anymore. I do however have one inside guy who is going to find out at SHOT if there is any truth to this.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Post by blueorison » 13 Jan 2013, 01:53

IIRC one of my "close to the wheel" guys told me that it's not even on their catalog release.

:(

Hope to hear from your guy, Panzer.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

fooschnickens
custom title: ~( ̄∇ ̄~) (~ ̄∇ ̄)~

Post by fooschnickens » 13 Jan 2013, 16:19

Only things "new" here are the 9/40 FNS combo, SCAR barrels and the SPR. Everything else either debuted at last year's SHOT or at other arms shows between now and then.
http://www.f00tography.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Corporation: n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility.
-Ambrose Bierce

LK45s
Gold Member

Post by LK45s » 13 Jan 2013, 19:19

At a gun show a few weeks ago there was a FNX-45, I assume it was. With the slide cut and threaded for the electronic red-dot sight like the tactical. Anyone else seen one of these?
" All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. "

Thomas Jefferson

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 13 Jan 2013, 22:22

LK45s wrote:At a gun show a few weeks ago there was a FNX-45, I assume it was. With the slide cut and threaded for the electronic red-dot sight like the tactical. Anyone else seen one of these?
Those are the FNP45 Competitions. They have been out. They haven't been advertised very well. They are a very high value in my book, as were the FNARs. Just not for me (because +1 caliber, and no $$$).
Shoot more, worry less.

LK45s
Gold Member

Post by LK45s » 16 Jan 2013, 20:24

Ahh, thanks Blue. I do like 45s but have $$$ issues too. But I was definitely intrigued.
" All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. "

Thomas Jefferson

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 17 Jan 2013, 06:48

LK45s wrote:Ahh, thanks Blue. I do like 45s but have $$$ issues too. But I was definitely intrigued.
You seem to really like .45's. I would highly encourage you to get one, if you do.

.02, they fulfill a very tight/narrow/unfulfilled niche with a very high-value price-tag.

FYI, FNH USA just released their FNX45 TAC (the TAC models in the past were FNP45 TAC).

The FNP45 COMP models are lower-priced. I have shot FNPs, and two different FNP45 TACs at two different competitions. With and without optics and suppressors mounted. Both were flawless with steel and brass factory ammunition. The FNPs have very good OOB triggers. Very good. Much better than the current FNS triggers, on which (insider info) FNH USA is still working. The reset on the FNS triggers are short enough, but the travel is IMO not good. I have shot a BNIB FNS (courtesy of epierce LEO dealer on our forum) and a used FNS.

I hope I was able to help you sell more guns you might not shoot often for a gun that you might shoot, a lot. If I were to only pick ONE .45 to own, it would be the FNP 45 COMP.

:laugh: :thumb:
Last edited by blueorison on 17 Jan 2013, 06:56, edited 1 time in total.
Shoot more, worry less.

93hawk82

Post by 93hawk82 » 17 Jan 2013, 06:55

Saving my egg money for the FNP 45. Then switch the front sight to a comp. version. :drool:

SHEEPDOG
Gold Member
custom title: A.K.A. DW

Post by SHEEPDOG » 17 Jan 2013, 12:02

Don't drink the cool aid! If you want a 45 get a 1911. :p

fooschnickens

Post by fooschnickens » 22 Jan 2013, 18:17

I want an FNX/S 9/40 competition version.

So dreamy~
Corporation: n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility.
-Ambrose Bierce

NLVMike

Post by NLVMike » 22 Jan 2013, 22:13

SHEEPDOG wrote:Don't drink the cool aid! If you want a 45 get a 1911. :p
A 45 ought to look something like this;

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 24 Jan 2013, 12:00

Erik is a really nice awesome guy (I've found that guys do not like to be called "nice", for some reason). When I first asked him about the FNS a year or so ago when they were still testing them out, he took the time to speak with me and tell me about it. Their pro team members did inform me that they were still tweaking the trigger, back then.

I've gotten to test two FNS', one in 40, one in 9. The triggers has good resets, but gritty and heavy travel.

I hope they resolved this in the competition variant.

There are many plastic strikers going head-to-head this year; the Arsenal Strike One, the CZ P09, the Caracal (has been out), etc.

I can't wait to test out a Strike One or the P09. I have used the Caracal in competition (borrowed from CaracalUSA).
Shoot more, worry less.

bpdenverco

Post by bpdenverco » 26 Jan 2013, 15:55

Yes, they might Come out with this stuff, now I own a 5.7, I just hope they start making rounds again. So I can use it again.....

fooschnickens

Post by fooschnickens » 27 Jan 2013, 09:24

blueorison wrote:
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I really want FN to market a combo standard/comp pistol setup. Get your 4" barrel and slide for carry/duty use and then plop the 5" barrel and slide on there for pew pew madness at the range. That would make my day.

Was at a gun store this weekend and they had about a half dozen FNSs in both calibers and color combos for sale. The only thing that kept me from taking one home with me was because I had just paid rent the day before :laugh:
-Ambrose Bierce

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 27 Jan 2013, 12:12

Rent is no fun.

Neither are the increasingly high taxes.

We should just say, "screw it", and be like all the other bloodsuckers stealing our money from the government and get free handouts.

AHHAHAHAHAH

Sorry, I needed a good joke at the moment.
Shoot more, worry less.