Reconsider the FsN

General discussion.
Santagata

Reconsider the FsN

Post by Santagata » 13 Dec 2012, 18:56

So i have been contacting local gun shops in my area about order or get a new FsN. This is my reply back

On Dec 13, 2012, at 10:34 AM, Delta Sales <[email protected]> wrote:

I just checked all my distributors and sent out some emails - those will not be available for a couple months.

:(

Marie

Is this common? Is it this hard to get a new?? Or should i look into get a used one? Which i really dont want. Plus the ammo supply is another issue.

fd57

Re: Reconsider the FsN

Post by fd57 » 13 Dec 2012, 20:52

It is actually easier to purchase the Five-seveN pistol at this time compared to purchasing ammunition for the pistol. You can find new and used Five-seveNs on many web sites (retailers, Gun Broker, and forums).

Ammunition is more difficult to source at this time. There are many back orders existing at many retailers so when deliveries do arrive those back orders are filled first.

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 13 Dec 2012, 21:20

It is hard to speculate on what dealers have what coming in. Is there a Bass Pro Shops near you? They usually have at least one in stock.
I just checked gunbroker.com, they had 7 new ones listed for sale (2 were way over priced) but they were the black version & IIRC,you wanted the ODG or FDE. The colored FsN are harder to find.

All the other usual sources I know of are out of stock. Bass Pro Shops usually has one (also usually black) if you are near one of those.
I just checked Bud's Gunshop online, they have a FsN in 9mm?!?! :laugh: Actually they just used a FsN pic for a FNX-9, I just thought it was weird.
All of their actual FsNs are listed as out of stock :(
How to post pics & videos: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6363
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.

Santagata

Post by Santagata » 13 Dec 2012, 21:21

I think im going to fell my heart and try to find a new FsN and worry about the ammo issue when that time comes around

Santagata

Post by Santagata » 13 Dec 2012, 21:26

I seen a IOM protoype at a local gun shop for $950! I didnt get it because i never heard of it and for $50 more i wanted a new one! Yes i did the search and regonize what it was i went back to get it but it was already sold! I KNOW NOW THE DUMBEST THING I DID!!!

Santagata

Post by Santagata » 13 Dec 2012, 21:29

Rapier1772 wrote:It is hard to speculate on what dealers have what coming in. Is there a Bass Pro Shops near you? They usually have at least one in stock.
I just checked gunbroker.com, they had 7 new ones listed for sale (2 were way over priced) but they were the black version & IIRC,you wanted the ODG or FDE. The colored FsN are harder to find :(
Yes im looking for a FDE version since i cant get a new ODG

flyingirish04
Gold Member
custom title: Mtn Man in Flatland

Post by flyingirish04 » 14 Dec 2012, 10:41

Santagata wrote:I seen a IOM protoype at a local gun shop for $950! I didnt get it because i never heard of it and for $50 more i wanted a new one! Yes i did the search and regonize what it was i went back to get it but it was already sold! I KNOW NOW THE DUMBEST THING I DID!!!
I would be surprised if it was an actual prototype and not just an IOM. But that doesn't matter now.

As far as availability I can find six of them alone in ND on the shelves. Ammo as well. So no shortage up here in flatland.
Killed Two Stones with One Bird.

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 14 Dec 2012, 10:51

Can you find any in the colors he's looking for (ODG or FDE) & are the dealers willing to ship to CT?

Santagata

Post by Santagata » 14 Dec 2012, 10:55

Im going what the salesman told me. Plus i didnt want to be label as a sucker. I wish i found this forum a month ago to share this story and maybe i would be better inform about it.

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 14 Dec 2012, 11:06

The problem with the dealers is that sometimes they are misinformed or sometimes they lie to make a sale. Production IOMs are pretty hard to find but IOM prototypes very rare.

Santagata

Post by Santagata » 14 Dec 2012, 11:10

Oh plus i cant tell the difference even look at the thread with different varies and picture

smpsmp

Post by smpsmp » 14 Dec 2012, 20:13

FN wasn't shipping them for awhile, and is just getting ready to start shipping in a month or two. Rumor was they weren't producing them for a few months, and all the backorders piled up (plant was on strike).

He was right in saying no distributors have them. The only ones we could get were LE guns since they had a ton of them laying around. There is still dealers with inventory laying around, and you'll find them used occasionally.

Plus all the distributors allocated them due to supply, so your position on the list depends on how much you spend at a distributor. That's why we focus on two or three distributors, and all the others we just use here and there.

Santagata

Post by Santagata » 14 Dec 2012, 21:22

Ok thanks for that update!