Bin Laden finally dead!

General discussion.
flyingirish04
Gold Member
custom title: Mtn Man in Flatland

Re: Bil Laden finally dead!

Post by flyingirish04 » 03 May 2011, 13:55

PGT wrote:
Rapier1772 wrote:Oh BTW, bho's "Yes we can" slogan had nothing to do with OBL.
Obama's clear directive to Panetta in June 2009 to come up with a plan to track down OBL had everything to do with this success. It wasn't one person, but, it was the leadership of one person and then leadership on down the command structure that lead to that success. We're all entitled to our opinions but not our own facts. This one is incontrovertible, however inconvenient for dissenters of the current president.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/w ... 520116.ece" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Actually that is what the admin is claiming now but in fact it was quite the opposite. BO thought that killing OBL was not a priority. He said so publicly that the war on terror had little to do with catching Osama. BO lucked out that he was in office when this happened. That is all. His guidance or lack there of has not a thing to do with it. Once again, your facts are not facts at all. Nice try though. Maybe you should not just accept what the Admin is saying now and actually look back to the facts of the issue.
Killed Two Stones with One Bird.

Reverend Herc
Platinum Member
custom title: Outstanding!!!

Post by Reverend Herc » 03 May 2011, 15:24

jmz5 wrote:SuperJew, your forum profile shows me 6 formal warnings, that is entirely too many. It's not a god complex that is making me ban you. It's you having to stir the pot with every single post you make. You have had two temp bans by other moderators. Trolling is prohibited here. You haven't learned to get along, you are done here.

You can still disagree with people without having to drag them into an argument.
:agree:

this guy kinda reminds me of someone else that haunted the forum...
There can only be two.

tparty

Post by tparty » 03 May 2011, 16:38

A buddy of mine suggested that they should have paid OBL his last respects by burying him with a pig.

fzr confused

Post by fzr confused » 03 May 2011, 16:43

SHEEPDOG wrote:I wish they had publicly wrapped him in pig skin and dumped into the ocean. I think there should be some heads roll in Pakistan. :furious: :furious: :furious:
i just hope one of these eats him...

DmL5

Post by DmL5 » 03 May 2011, 18:40

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2011 ... aden_n.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Pakistan slams 'unauthorized' U.S. raid on bin Laden

ABBOTTABAD, Pakistan (AP) — Pakistan criticized the American raid that killed Osama bin Laden as an "unauthorized unilateral action," laying bare the strains the raid has put on an already rocky alliance.

U.S. officials have suggested Pakistani officials may have known where bin Laden was living. Members of Congress have seized on those suspicions to call for the U.S. to consider cutting billions of aid to Pakistan if it turns out the government knew where bin Laden was hiding.

However, within Pakistan, the domestic criticism has been more focused on the U.S. breaching the country's sovereignty. The U.S. has said it did not inform the Pakistanis ahead of time about the raid, for fear they would tip off the targets.

A strongly worded Pakistani government statement warned the U.S. not to launch similar operations in the future. It rejected suggestions that officials knew where bin Laden was.

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 03 May 2011, 18:57

U.S. officials have suggested Pakistani officials may have known where bin Laden was living. Members of Congress have seized on those suspicions to call for the U.S. to consider cutting billions of aid to Pakistan if it turns out the government knew where bin Laden was hiding.
No way they didn't know. I say we cut aid - maybe help our already strained budget out. As I recall, the promise was that anyone who harbored OBL would be treated as terrorists. Of course that was Bush...
How to post pics & videos: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6363
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.

gw45acp
Gold Member

Re: Bin Laden finally dead!

Post by gw45acp » 03 May 2011, 19:18

The following is only opinion and not supported with any facts, but here I go anyway.

The U.S. is dealing with a Pakistani government that is heavily divided among those who may support the U.S., those who tolerate the U.S. for the benefit of the Foreign Aid and those who strongly support radical factions such as the Taliban. It is also a nuclear power. It may be in our best interest to prevent that arsenal from falling into the hands of an even less U.S.-friendly radical faction that could easily take power of the government and Pakistani armed forces. The devil you know…

It is obvious that someone knew Bin Laden was in that compound. It was never in their best interest to give up Bin Laden. Those officials who would have turned him over to the U.S. would have appeared to the radical Muslim world, and Muslim world at large, as traitors against Islam, putting their government, themselves, and their families at risk of retaliation.

I would make the assumption that they made it their business to NOT know who was living in that compound. It would be to their advantage to let it him die of natural causes or allow what happened to take place exactly as it did. Now they have the luxury of accusing the U.S. of violating Pakistan’s sovereignty by “invading” their soil without their consent and will continue to claim that they had no idea Bin Laden was there.

I’m sure Pakistan sees this as a WIN-WIN solution and I'm sure they will continue to accept the billions in foreign aid that is certain to continue flowing their way.
"How the Hell did I get here?"

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 03 May 2011, 20:14

Good points GW, makes sense.

Still say we cut aid though - I'm stingy :) Doesn't have to be a complete cut off - I'd be ok with sending them $1/year :laugh:

Cyberfly
Global Moderator
custom title: Mens Room Attendant

Post by Cyberfly » 04 May 2011, 05:45

Somebody fixed the title.

I suppose its possible that if he never left the compound and only his couriers went in and out that it is possible that nobody knew he was there. They said that there weren't any guards posted and that although the place had high security walls, there was nothing to give away the identity of who lived there.
However, to be in one place for five years? That's tough to do. Everybody gets cabin fever, and even if he only slipped out at night, or under disguise or in vehicles with darkened windows, etc., you'd think that somebody would have figured it out. Would they have the testicular fortitude to tell? That's another story. Remember, he was still the head of the snake and that snake is mean. They don't just torture and kill you, but every member of your family and everybody that you ever knew.
Intimidation can be a wonderful motivator.
Never confuse 'The will of the Majority' with 'The will of God'.
**This post created with 100% recycled photons!**

flyingirish04
Gold Member

Post by flyingirish04 » 04 May 2011, 06:15

flyingirish04 wrote:
PGT wrote:
Rapier1772 wrote:Oh BTW, bho's "Yes we can" slogan had nothing to do with OBL.
Obama's clear directive to Panetta in June 2009 to come up with a plan to track down OBL had everything to do with this success. It wasn't one person, but, it was the leadership of one person and then leadership on down the command structure that lead to that success. We're all entitled to our opinions but not our own facts. This one is incontrovertible, however inconvenient for dissenters of the current president.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/w ... 520116.ece" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Actually that is what the admin is claiming now but in fact it was quite the opposite. BO thought that killing OBL was not a priority. He said so publicly that the war on terror had little to do with catching Osama. BO lucked out that he was in office when this happened. That is all. His guidance or lack there of has not a thing to do with it. Once again, your facts are not facts at all. Nice try though. Maybe you should not just accept what the Admin is saying now and actually look back to the facts of the issue.

http://www.commentarymagazine.com/2011/ ... cy-pelosi/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looks like BO wasn't the only one flip flopping on Bin Laden though. Seems to be a trend among the left.
Last edited by flyingirish04 on 04 May 2011, 09:10, edited 1 time in total.

flyingirish04
Gold Member

Post by flyingirish04 » 04 May 2011, 06:19

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z1LJkz0f2d" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And I am not sure he had this as a priority if he took 16 hours to decide. In which time, OBL could have slipped away.

Again, not trying to make this too political, but the 'facts' that some on here are saying that this was a priority for this adminstration, simply aren't facts. It is intellectually dishonest to say BO had any part in this, except maybe almost messing it up with indecision. I don't want to hear how this was his finest hour, that this was something he had as a priority because it simply isn't true.

murphies_finest
custom title: King Thread Killer.

Post by murphies_finest » 04 May 2011, 10:30

dang SH is still around? I thought that dude got banned from here months ago.

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 04 May 2011, 10:46

Did y'all hear about the new Bin Laden cocktail drink?
Two shots & a splash of water!

Robar

Post by Robar » 04 May 2011, 12:04

Rapier1772 wrote:Did y'all hear about the new Bin Laden cocktail drink?
Two shots & a splash of water!
:lmao: At two shots and a splash of water.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Post by blueorison » 04 May 2011, 15:22

Stay on task, guys, or make a new thread in P&A.

:)
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

Reverend Herc
Platinum Member
custom title: Outstanding!!!

Post by Reverend Herc » 04 May 2011, 15:30

I saw this link and I had to share... what a bunch of [profanity]!

http://www.prisonplanet.com/top-us-gove ... -flag.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
There can only be two.

flyingirish04
Gold Member

Post by flyingirish04 » 04 May 2011, 16:17

PGT wrote:
flyingirish04 wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z1LJkz0f2d

And I am not sure he had this as a priority if he took 16 hours to decide. In which time, OBL could have slipped away.

Again, not trying to make this too political, but the 'facts' that some on here are saying that this was a priority for this adminstration, simply aren't facts. It is intellectually dishonest to say BO had any part in this, except maybe almost messing it up with indecision. I don't want to hear how this was his finest hour, that this was something he had as a priority because it simply isn't true.
And away we go....

BHO said while even before he got elected that getting OBL was a priority.
We can play political tennis all day but suffice it to say, no one person is responsible and as long as we can we agree that team stretched top to bottom and across administrations and we can agree to disagree beyond that premise
Then he changed his mind? The guy is hedging coward. Can't wait till he is gone. He has nothing to do with this success. In fact he almost blew it.

flyingirish04
Gold Member

Post by flyingirish04 » 04 May 2011, 16:20

Reverend Herc wrote:I saw this link and I had to share... what a bunch of [profanity]!

http://www.prisonplanet.com/top-us-gove ... -flag.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I know. This stuff is beyond idiotic and down right offensive to the people who died on that terrible day.

PGT

Post by PGT » 04 May 2011, 16:30

"almost blew it"? This wasn't a burning/urgent lead. Intel analysts were only 50-80% confident that OBL was there after nearly nine months of actively monitoring the site. BHO asked for two operations plans to be drawn up and took 16hrs to decide if the risks of Plan A (e.g. at least 25 operators on the ground and a covert air incursion into an ally's sovereign territory) based on a little better than 50/50 odds was a solid decision. 16hrs seems to me neither rushed nor "blowing it". Prudence....not sure how one could call that "cowardly". Would you want a president who throws young men into the grinder on a whim? No, me neither.

panzermk2wife
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2wife » 04 May 2011, 17:33

I do believe mods have given warning in this thread guys

This is an OPEN forum
Visit Us on FaceBook
https://www.facebook.com/EliteAmmunition5.7x28mm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Leave Us Feedback on the Forum
http://www.fivesevenforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=8630" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Post by blueorison » 04 May 2011, 18:04

Warning has been issued. Thanks, Lisa.

Substituting out one letter isn't okay.

Here are acceptable emphasized interjections that still remain quite polar;

ABSOLUTE HOGWASH.

FLUFFLY PANCAKES!!

You get my drift.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

CenCalSplicer

Post by CenCalSplicer » 04 May 2011, 18:44

Bin laden's death is not the end of our worldwide fight against terror. It is a great moment for Americans and especially everyone involved in taking this animal out. Kudos to our special operators who were the tip of the spear in making this action up close and personal. As far as the conspiracy theories and all other BS I for one am just happy to be rid of him pictures or not.

flyingirish04
Gold Member

Post by flyingirish04 » 04 May 2011, 19:28

Nuke arsenal means we want as much access to Pakistan as possible. That means we do have to give some aid. However at the very least we need to up clandestine activity there.

f3rr37
Site Admin

Post by f3rr37 » 04 May 2011, 19:38

Just a heads up guys... a lot of places are going after various blogs, forums, and websites, because they reproduce articles. Lets try to keep the copy/pasting of articles at a minimum, if anything quote a paragraph or so and link to the rest of the article.

Thanks. :)

flyingirish04
Gold Member

Post by flyingirish04 » 04 May 2011, 19:44

Oh I apologize. Just trying to document things. Don't want ya guys to have to take me on my word ;)

PGT, you couldn't be more wrong. Hogwash! (there ya go blue)

You can't spin the lack of leadership in this charlatan you so blindly follow. His own cabinet thought he was foolish for 'sleeping on it'.

And don't use the 'young men' crap. It is condescending and elitist, not to mention woefully uninformed. Tier One guys are men, and when working HVT leads, 50% might as well be a slam dunk to them. You can't know that, so I don't hold it against ya. You opinion of charlatans on the other hand...

CenCalSplicer

Post by CenCalSplicer » 04 May 2011, 20:45

Here are some pic from the Guardian news paper in UK of other people in the UBL compond that were killed.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/gallery ... 80&index=7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pretty graphic, but didn't bother me because thats a couple less terrorists to deal with at the upper level of AQ.

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 04 May 2011, 21:03

Any ID on that helicopter? I've been seeing a lot "a new stealth helicopter" articles. From the pics at CenCal's link, it certainly looks like some kind of stealth... :?:

You know what would be funny? If leaving that section of a chopper behind was the idea all along. Make the Chinese, Russians, everyone think we have something we don't. I seriously doubt that's the case, but it would be funny :laugh:

flyingirish04
Gold Member

Post by flyingirish04 » 04 May 2011, 21:15

That is a interesting tail rotor.

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 04 May 2011, 21:22

I recognized it instantly RAH-66 Comanche tail rotor with the surrounding shielding partially gone. I did not think any were ever out into service.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 04 May 2011, 21:46

Not seeing it - not a Comanche. Comanche's have a fully enclosed turbofan type tail rotor with nothing solid behind the blades. Plus there is no way a Comanche could hold a seal team - its a 2 seater.
This tail rotor has solid structure behind it
Found a concept drawing that makes sense. Right design & definitely a troop carrier.

Should be the next rage at the air shows. :laugh:

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 04 May 2011, 21:53

They are always changing designs and the possibility Comanche a variant was there for fire support and took a hit is what lead me down that path.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

PGT

Post by PGT » 05 May 2011, 03:51

panzermk2 wrote:They are always changing designs and the possibility Comanche a variant was there for fire support and took a hit is what lead me down that path.
it was a modified UH-60 as shown in the diagram. Google "NASA stealth UH-60) and you'll get hits for some of the contractors on the program.

Cyberfly
Global Moderator
custom title: Mens Room Attendant

Post by Cyberfly » 05 May 2011, 05:15

Irish-
Not trying to slam you or anybody else on the forums, but please consider this:
And let me start by saying this, you should know as well as anyone that I am no fan of BHO, but still, having to make this decision, couldn't have been an easy one.
1. Just because they tell the general population that they had enough intel to conclude 50-80% that UBL was inside doesn't necessarily mean it was that high.
2. Of primary concern to him would be the lack of casualties on our side.
3. Next he would be concerned with being able to keep low any civilian casualties.
4. Major concern would be crossing the border of a 'friendly' nation with nuclear capabilities who really doesn't like us, but likes our money.
5. How solid is the intel?
6. Not being an experienced leader, he can't really follow his gut. He needs to 'think' it out.
And yet, he still made the right decision.
Now, the question is, did he make it for the right reason or did it fall into step with one of his agendas? That is something for the conspiracy theorists in the political section.
While I won't defend any of BHO's economic or policy agendas, I will applaud him for taking the right course in this one.
Hey, even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while...it just takes him a little longer than the other squirrels.
Never confuse 'The will of the Majority' with 'The will of God'.
**This post created with 100% recycled photons!**

PGT

Post by PGT » 05 May 2011, 05:34

The helicopters that flew the Navy SEALs on the mission to kill Osama bin Laden were a radar-evading variant of the special operations MH-60 Black Hawk, according to a retired special operations aviator

The helicopter’s low-observable technology is similar to that of the F-117 Stealth Fighter the retired special operations aviator said. “It really didn’t look like a traditional Black Hawk,” he said. It had “hard edges, sort of like an … F-117, you know how they have those distinctive edges and angles — that’s what they had on this one.”
http://www.armytimes.com/news/2011/05/a ... wk-050411/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

flyingirish04
Gold Member

Post by flyingirish04 » 05 May 2011, 05:54

Cyberfly wrote:Irish-
Not trying to slam you or anybody else on the forums, but please consider this:
And let me start by saying this, you should know as well as anyone that I am no fan of BHO, but still, having to make this decision, couldn't have been an easy one.
1. Just because they tell the general population that they had enough intel to conclude 50-80% that UBL was inside doesn't necessarily mean it was that high.
2. Of primary concern to him would be the lack of casualties on our side.
3. Next he would be concerned with being able to keep low any civilian casualties.
4. Major concern would be crossing the border of a 'friendly' nation with nuclear capabilities who really doesn't like us, but likes our money.
5. How solid is the intel?
6. Not being an experienced leader, he can't really follow his gut. He needs to 'think' it out.
And yet, he still made the right decision.
Now, the question is, did he make it for the right reason or did it fall into step with one of his agendas? That is something for the conspiracy theorists in the political section.
While I won't defend any of BHO's economic or policy agendas, I will applaud him for taking the right course in this one.
Hey, even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while...it just takes him a little longer than the other squirrels.
Fly, I have already really addressed those points ad nauseum. I really think that is bunk, respectfully. It is pretty clear what happened here, and thank God it all worked out.

You are right on one thing: He isn't an experienced leader, and never should have been elected. Blind Squirrel indeed.

flyingirish04
Gold Member

Post by flyingirish04 » 05 May 2011, 06:13

Rapier1772 wrote:Not seeing it - not a Comanche. Comanche's have a fully enclosed turbofan type tail rotor with nothing solid behind the blades. Plus there is no way a Comanche could hold a seal team - its a 2 seater.
This tail rotor has solid structure behind it
Found a concept drawing that makes sense. Right design & definitely a troop carrier.

Should be the next rage at the air shows. :laugh:

I wondered if they were using those. Pretty cool.

flyingirish04
Gold Member

Post by flyingirish04 » 05 May 2011, 06:57

Last edited by flyingirish04 on 05 May 2011, 07:21, edited 3 times in total.

Robar

Post by Robar » 05 May 2011, 06:59

Osama Bin Laden's last thought:

I knew I shouldn't have used my real name and address when signing up on the Sony Play Station network.

flyingirish04
Gold Member

Post by flyingirish04 » 05 May 2011, 07:00

Robar wrote:Osama Bin Laden's last thought:

I knew I shouldn't have used my real name and address when signing up on the Sony Play Station network.

Funny thing is that he just ordered the new SOCOM. :laugh:

flyingirish04
Gold Member

Post by flyingirish04 » 05 May 2011, 07:15

Just to make sure I add a retort ;)

jmz5
Site Admin

Post by jmz5 » 05 May 2011, 11:06

8 Pages of OBL seems like enough, hes dead. Nothing more to see here people. :laugh:
كاف

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 07 Nov 2011, 12:44

http://news.yahoo.com/correcting-fairy- ... 33289.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Flaws in the stories exposed & corrected - or at least attempted to be corrected.