Sentiment on Bone's ss190 Sale

General discussion.
jckilla
custom title: jckilla

SS190 for sale sealed cases or boxes

Post by jckilla » 12 Apr 2011, 11:54

It really sucks that all these people who are just supposed collectors or just want a few boxes for personal use of the SS190 are already on GUNBROKER trying to double and triple their money. Bones did us all a favor, and I personally hope you guys who ARE selling it, don't make a penny of profit. Shame on you.

fzr confused

SS190 for sale sealed cases or boxes

Post by fzr confused » 12 Apr 2011, 14:22

jckilla wrote:It really sucks that all these people who are just supposed collectors or just want a few boxes for personal use of the SS190 are already on GUNBROKER trying to double and triple their money. Bones did us all a favor, and I personally hope you guys who ARE selling it, don't make a penny of profit. Shame on you.
:agree: :evil: i noticed that myself...at least i assume it all came from here, since there is a ton more than usual on GB right now.

cHaMeLeoN352

Re: SS190 for sale sealed cases or boxes

Post by cHaMeLeoN352 » 12 Apr 2011, 15:07

Well, what do you expect from people...you can rest assured that I will be keeping mine sealed in an ammo box until the zombiepocalypse. :guns:

I still have boxes of black talon on reserve. :cool:

Bones +100 Karma :D

People who are selling it on GB for a quick flip, congrats you now have no more ss190 and you ripped off your fellow man -100 Karma :evil:

Good luck in the apocalypse :lmao:

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Post by blueorison » 12 Apr 2011, 18:12

jckilla wrote:It really sucks that all these people who are just supposed collectors or just want a few boxes for personal use of the SS190 are already on GUNBROKER trying to double and triple their money. Bones did us all a favor, and I personally hope you guys who ARE selling it, don't make a penny of profit. Shame on you.
Sir, is there proof of which users are doing this?

I see at least 2 auctions that are clearly users reselling Bone's product.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

Bones
custom title: Bones

Post by Bones » 12 Apr 2011, 18:15

Well one thing is for sure. I can tell you its damn sure not I :p .......Go getem Blue!

TheSeaDweller

Post by TheSeaDweller » 12 Apr 2011, 18:46

There are always going to be those few who ruin great deals like this for the rest of us.

PainKillaX

Post by PainKillaX » 12 Apr 2011, 19:51

blueorison wrote:

I see a number of posts on GB by a particular FsNF member making a fine sum off Bones' generosity and spirit of community. Too bad this isn't the cage... :furious:

firestorm248
Gold Member

Post by firestorm248 » 12 Apr 2011, 20:11

I see lot numbers that match Bone's ammo pics on several

martenbroadcloak
custom title: YOU DARE NOT.

Post by martenbroadcloak » 12 Apr 2011, 22:30

And the shitty part is, you know someone will have to run their mouth about it.

"Hey, look at me! I got 4 boxes of ss190 for free after reselling 2 on gunbroker."

I say you take a finger off of anyone dumb enough to admit to it.

With a spoon.

You can figure out the how. :evil:

f3rr37
Site Admin

Post by f3rr37 » 12 Apr 2011, 22:49

Capitalism, it is how we operate. I didn't buy any, but I don't blame them for doing it.

panzermk2
Forum Supporter
Location: Around here it's more like what can we shoot through next.

Post by panzermk2 » 12 Apr 2011, 23:17

In this economy? If I bought 4 and then sold 2 and it covered my costs I find it hard to criticize that. It also does not devalue what Bones did. If anything it adds value to what he did. Aaron could have easily sold it all himself on GB.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

s4mur41h4x0r

Post by s4mur41h4x0r » 13 Apr 2011, 06:57

blueorison wrote:

I saw this too, complete BS, one member who is selling it is even using his same name as on here....starts with an R...

panzermk2wife
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2wife » 13 Apr 2011, 07:10

It happens

I have seen our S4 on GB many times and people buy it at double & triple the price we have it at when we have it in stock.
Visit Us on FaceBook
https://www.facebook.com/EliteAmmunition5.7x28mm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Leave Us Feedback on the Forum
http://www.fivesevenforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=8630" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

flyingirish04
Gold Member
custom title: Mtn Man in Flatland

Sentiment on Bone's ss190 Sale

Post by flyingirish04 » 13 Apr 2011, 10:14

Tachycardia wrote:Still new here soooooo just wanted to clarify, these would be the badass rounds you would save in a clip by the night stand for the poor bastard who dares to invade your domicile?

Didn't know they made clips for the fiveseven. Must be tough try to make those feed from the top. I prefer just using their regular MAGAZINES. :p

And as far as the reselling, I really don't care. If Bones wanted to sell for that much he could. It is nice of him to offer them at the price he is, but lets be fair, he is making money too. If you had LE Letterhead, they would at most 30 bucks a box shipped. If you don't, then you pay whatever a private seller wants to sell them for. You don't like the price, fine, don't buy. Its called market based selling. If someone can resell it for more then he bought it, good on him.

The whole anti-making money attitude in this country is just stupid, and I am seeing that on this board. FWIW, I did NOT purchase any of the 190 from Bones, and I am not selling any on GB. But if I wanted to, that would be my business and anyone that had an issue can STFU for all I care. Sorry to be blunt, but I am sick of that sentiment. This is the US, where people are free to sell for whatever they want, as long as it is legal to own. If they aren't committing any fraud or breaking the law, then let em sell. :furious:
Last edited by flyingirish04 on 13 Apr 2011, 10:18, edited 1 time in total.
Killed Two Stones with One Bird.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 13 Apr 2011, 10:16

I edited my post because I felt like I was drifting off topic on Bone's thread.
Shoot more, worry less.

PainKillaX

Post by PainKillaX » 13 Apr 2011, 10:19

Good points. I understand supply and demand. I just think that people buying here and immediately selling it there is an ass move.

flyingirish04
Gold Member

Post by flyingirish04 » 13 Apr 2011, 10:21

Why? No one is getting screwed. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it, at all. Capitalism at its best. Buy for a nickel, sell for a dime. Sounds like some people need to brush up on free market principles, and maybe a little Ayn Rand to rid themselves of this virus of anti-capitalist ideas that seems to be infecting them.

flyingirish04
Gold Member

Post by flyingirish04 » 13 Apr 2011, 10:35

jckilla wrote: Bones did us all a favor, and I personally hope you guys who ARE selling it, don't make a penny of profit. Shame on you.

:facepalm: Get over it.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Re: Sentiment on Bone's ss190 Sale

Post by blueorison » 13 Apr 2011, 10:39

I do not think it devalues anything Bones is doing. In fact, it's the opposite. I shows me, brilliantly, that there is honor. As Panzer has iterated, we have seen many times, people purchasing S4 and immediately selling it on gunbroker for more than EA sells it.

While Panzer has voiced that he has no problem with this and has pointed out the virtue of Capitalism; to me, I do have a moral problem with it. Politically, I believe it's fine. But personally, I do not, and it should be obvious as to why. But that's just my personal opinion.

I hear, so many times, people claiming, "BECAUSE I CAN" in accordance to a question to why they would be setting up their guns a certain way etc. Just in this case, because they can, they are reselling it. But Bones specifically mentioned he was selling this for others to enjoy in shooting, not for reselling for a profit.

That therein lies a great disrespect to how I personally feel towards abusers of the system.

BECAUSE YOU CAN for your guns, your gear, whatever you do to maintain you looking cool, and working the system?

People who can afford food on their table, drive SUV's, have PS3's and satellite TV abuse the USA system BECAUSE THEY CAN. They steal from taxpayers and sign up for foodstamps BECAUSE THEY CAN.

Irish, I hear your point. Per above, I agree with it within the context of Capitalism.

There is freedom. There is Capitalism. Then, there is the honorable thing to do.
Shoot more, worry less.

f3rr37
Site Admin

Re: Sentiment on Bone's ss190 Sale

Post by f3rr37 » 13 Apr 2011, 10:42

What if some of these people who are re-selling, were out of a job and had $500 that they knew they could flip for a large profit?

What if they bought this ammo, it sat in their closet for a month, then they sold it?

People are making too big of a deal out of this.