Anyone waiting on nosler e-tips?

Reloading info for the 5.7x28mm

Moderator: Grantness

varmitsnightmare

Anyone waiting on nosler e-tips?

Post by varmitsnightmare » 11 Dec 2015, 11:16

Just got a answer on the 55 grain e-tip Nosler( solid-no lead) here is what they said, """"Thank you for your inquiry. There has been quite some delay, but according to our latest production schedule we are slated to begin production towards the middle of January 2016. I would anticipate these bullets becoming available in February on dealer shelves if all goes to plan.

As California moves to lead-free hunting bullets, product lines will be soon to adapt. It is likely you will see our lead free bullet line continue to grow in the near future. """""
I know there are other solids on the market ,but I hope to see some Nosler e tips in a 35 -40 grain range, 55 grain is a bit big for me,but will try them in the AR 15 and see. It's been so long since I loaded the 35 nosler lead free (frangible) it will be like starting all over with the little 5.7*28. I've been hung up on revolvers lately so need to get back into the auto world. Anyhow just thought some of you all might be interested in the e-tips to come to market in the near future.

panzermk2
Forum Supporter
Location: Around here it's more like what can we shoot through next.

Re: Anyone waiting on nosler e-tips?

Post by panzermk2 » 12 Dec 2015, 12:24

I like the E-Tips, I had received some post production samples at a show a awhile back. I will have to look for them, since if I remember correctly they where in the 40 to 43gr range.

I loaded some and tested them in 5.7 but I will have to look for the unused and pull the data out.

Over the last few years Nosler has been manufacturing the best 22 cal bullets and overall some of the best bullets out there. This is why EA uses so many of them in our production loads. Other than the Scirocco no one makes anything close. The new Hornady match ballistic tips while new are late to the game and surpassed by Noslers by a long shot. Literally.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 12 Dec 2015, 14:57

Aren't they the same as V-Max but lead free?
How to post pics & videos: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6363
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 13 Dec 2015, 13:59

Rapier1772 wrote:Aren't they the same as V-Max but lead free?

Technically while V-Max is Hornady and E-Tips are Nosler they are the same in that they have no lead core and a ballistic tip.

The shaped are different though and the real difference in the copper algum they each use, the bore of the cavity and the pre stressing of the bullets to get them to peal back and open.

The Copper algum is the real difference and where Noslers newer and I think better.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

Fotis

Post by Fotis » 23 Dec 2015, 01:26

If we are talking about this E-tip it it has notthing in common wit the v-max
Expansion Tip ( E-Tip ) Lead Free Bullet

Upon impact, Nosler’s exclusive E² Cavity™ [Energy Expansion Cavity™] allows for immediate and uniform expansion, yet retains 95% weight for improved penetration. The E² Cavity™ provides amazing stopping power and peerless penetration over a broad spectrum of impact velocities, rivaling even the highest quality lead-core bullets.

“The new Nosler E-Tip is a lead free bullet that doesn’t compromise on accuracy, expansion, or penetration. We’ve put many, many hours into every step of the process leading up to its initial release. The field tests proved that all the time in development really paid off; we even surprised ourselves and we knew we had a superior product! The expansion is incredibly uniform while still retaining 95%+ of its weight. The only problem we experienced during the field test was recovering a sample. No matter what they hit, they punched right through.”

1 Signature OD Green Polymer Tip
Nosler’s advanced polymer tip initiates expansion while delivering unsurpassed penetration and weight retention.

2 ECR™
The Expansion Control Ring insures controlled expansion at a wide range of velocities and conditions, making the E-Tip very versatile.

3 E² Cavity™
The exclusive Energy Expansion Cavity™ provides a dual-expansion chamber for amazing stopping power and uniform expansion with 95%+ weight retention for superior penetration.

4 Solid Copper-Alloy Construction
Nosler’s one-piece design meets all “lead-free” hunting regulations.

5 Boat Tail Design
Boat tail configuration combines with the streamlined polymer tip for extreme long-range performance and for easier loading.

Unless your're talking about this

http://www.nosler.com/ballistic-tip-lead-free-bullet/

Fotis

Post by Fotis » 23 Dec 2015, 01:28

V max

http://www.hornady.com/store/V-MAX-bullets" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 23 Dec 2015, 10:41

I meant the all copper Hornady version.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition