Top Brass Reloading Supplies

Reloading info for the 5.7x28mm

Moderator: Grantness

grimmond
Gold Member

Top Brass Reloading Supplies

Post by grimmond » 05 Feb 2015, 10:27

For people who are looking for 1x brass, STAY FAR AWAY from Top Brass Reloading Supplies. I recently purchase 1000 1x cases from them thinking it was a good deal. It was not. The pic they have posted shows decent pics of 5.7 brass slightly dirty and says "as is". They clean and polish all of their other brass but not these do to the lacquer they claim. I now have 1000 1x cases that have the lacquer severely compromised from sitting in what appeared to be a rusty bucket of water. The rust has eaten through the lacquer. I tried running different batches of them through both a sonic cleaner and corn cob media in a tumbler to try and clean them up. Once the rust and dirt was was removed I could see pitting in the lacquer on some and almost no lacquer on others. I have bought "As Is" range brass before and have never seen brass this bad. When talking to the company they were very point blank in stating that "as is" means just that.
"Let us never forget that good intelligence saves American lives and protects our freedom."
-Ronald Reagan

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Re: Top Brass Reloading Supplies

Post by panzermk2 » 05 Feb 2015, 12:43

They have contacted me in the past. They sent samples of what they called nice samples brass. They where crap so I did nothing with them.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

jmz5
Site Admin

Post by jmz5 » 05 Feb 2015, 17:56

I've gotten ready to prime 223 brass from them that has been great. But then 223 brass is a lot easier to care for.
كاف

shopsmart
Silver Member

Post by shopsmart » 05 Feb 2015, 18:40

Thanks for the info. Will add to the do not spend money on them list.