Found a good deal on Elite Ammo

Discuss 5.7x28mm factory ammunition
Const Advocate

Found a good deal on Elite Ammo

Post by Const Advocate » 20 Jul 2013, 15:27

I found a pretty good deal on Elite Ammunition's UltrarapTOR S4. According to the stats, it seems the same as S4M: 2,600 fps and 405 lbs of energy. I see auctions going for around $200 for 25 rds, but I found a listing for $200 for 50 rds. It looks like the seller didn't optimize the keyword tags, because it doesn't show up on every search which explains why it has much less bidders compared to the other auctions for Elite's good stuff. What do you guys think? Or does it pay to wait until Elite Ammunition starts selling again?

Const Advocate

Re: Found a good deal on Elite Ammo

Post by Const Advocate » 20 Jul 2013, 15:29

Forgot the link...here it is:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =355094373" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 20 Jul 2013, 17:50

That's funny, the box says Ultra Raptor but those look like S4M bullets.
But at a current bid of $200, I need to get busy & sell mine :laugh:

Personally, I think $200 is too much to pay for those (no offense to EA), I would rather roll my own or wait for EA to sell more ammo. Get on their mailing list & when they get enough supplies to run another small batch they will send out a notice, that will be your chance to score a box.
How to post pics & videos: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6363
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.

Const Advocate

Post by Const Advocate » 20 Jul 2013, 18:48

Compared to what Elite's retail price is, yes I think $200 is a lot too. But after thinking hard, I thought ~$4 a round isn't TOO bad for something that could save one's life. I was about to bid but got cold feet after hearing about the mailing list. I'm just scared that Elite won't produce any time in the relative future, considering the supply issue. If you had to guesstimate how long it might be until their next batches, what would you say?

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Post by blueorison » 20 Jul 2013, 18:56

I've always been an all or nothing, go hard, then harder till it breaks, mindset.

I won't bore you with rhetoric and what goes on, but I'll say,

You can't put a price on self-defense ammunition that you trust upon to save your life.

I've paid $2-5 a round for a small batch of ammunition I've tested (chronographed, IIIA testing, Clay, barrier, etc.) and trust.

I trust it because I have gathered empirical knowledge through experiential learning; not because someone told me in their chest beating dialogue.

If, by your principles, you believe that it is worth the price/the juice is worth the squeeze, then do not let others hinder you from what you know to be true.

Veritas and DVC.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 20 Jul 2013, 18:58

they snagged a pic from one of posts of s4m. it is older s4
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

Const Advocate

Post by Const Advocate » 20 Jul 2013, 20:12

blueorison wrote:I've always been an all or nothing, go hard, then harder till it breaks, mindset.

I won't bore you with rhetoric and what goes on, but I'll say,

You can't put a price on self-defense ammunition that you trust upon to save your life.

I've paid $2-5 a round for a small batch of ammunition I've tested (chronographed, IIIA testing, Clay, barrier, etc.) and trust.

I trust it because I have gathered empirical knowledge through experiential learning; not because someone told me in their chest beating dialogue.

If, by your principles, you believe that it is worth the price/the juice is worth the squeeze, then do not let others hinder you from what you know to be true.

Veritas and DVC.
You're completely right, self-defense has no price. And I have the same mindset... it's always worth spending extra on something of such importance. I'm going to wait a bit to see if EA will produce a fresh batch soon so I can purchase a few boxes for the same price and get a few different flavors. Otherwise, I'll just go the GB route...

I know we're all looking forward to some ammo direct from Elite!

ShockedNKansas
custom title: G0 SH0X

Post by ShockedNKansas » 29 Jul 2013, 15:59

Rapier1772 wrote:That's funny, the box says Ultra Raptor but those look like S4M bullets.
But at a current bid of $200, I need to get busy & sell mine :laugh:

Personally, I think $200 is too much to pay for those (no offense to EA), I would rather roll my own or wait for EA to sell more ammo. Get on their mailing list & when they get enough supplies to run another small batch they will send out a notice, that will be your chance to score a box.
I'm proud to say that I have never sold one piece of Elite Ammunition for a profit. I think there was a time when my "classic" T6 bullets would have fetched 7.00 per round on Gunbroker. I have only traded a few off for a couple super secret EA rounds in order to help continue to build my little 5.7x28mm bullet collection/display.

flyingirish04
Gold Member
custom title: Mtn Man in Flatland

Post by flyingirish04 » 29 Jul 2013, 21:50

S4M is a great round, but not a great SD round IMO. The protecTOR on the other had is.
Killed Two Stones with One Bird.