Dealer of Ammunition says 5.7 x 28 on a new banned list?

Discuss 5.7x28mm factory ammunition
wtrbxr

Dealer of Ammunition says 5.7 x 28 on a new banned list?

Post by wtrbxr » 03 Dec 2012, 19:30

HEY I HAVE BEEN CALLING ALL OVER THE PLACE FOR THIS AMMUNITION TO NO AVAIL!! My local gun shop and firing range in Monroe, GA said today that his supplier/wholesaler says that this ammunition will no longer be available until a US manufacturer begins to produce it. He had 4 boxes left at a price of $50 per box shipped. I purchased it after checking the prices on Gun Broker and the likes.

He said that there is an executive ban by the King Obama that will not allow the importation of this ammunition. I googled and binged this and found nothing. Anyone have any insight?

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Re: Dealer of Ammunition says 5.7 x 28 on a new banned list?

Post by Rapier1772 » 03 Dec 2012, 19:58

Your dealer lied to you - I don't know if it was intentional, he may have just been repeating a lie that he was told. But he did rip you off (IMHO).
FNH ammo is still filtering in and American Eagle (Federal) is already producing it. The problem is people are buying & hording because of bam-bam and no one can keep it on the shelves.
If you want ammo now, you may have to pay big money for it. Otherwise, you can wait, shop around, or take up reloading. There are a couple if threads on here that people will post in as soon as they find ammo available but sources dry up fast.
How to post pics & videos: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6363
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.

Buffman
Silver Member

Post by Buffman » 03 Dec 2012, 21:53

Rap, Federal is producing nothing other than fancy boxes, and perhaps the bullet. All Ammo is still loaded by FNH or Fiocchi..

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 03 Dec 2012, 21:59

Well see, even I learned something...
But the rest was true.

I know it is still coming in because I know of businesses that were recently out & then they weren't. They don't get much but it does trickle in.

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 04 Dec 2012, 00:41

wtrbxr wrote:HEY I HAVE BEEN CALLING ALL OVER THE PLACE FOR THIS AMMUNITION TO NO AVAIL!! My local gun shop and firing range in Monroe, GA said today that his supplier/wholesaler says that this ammunition will no longer be available until a US manufacturer begins to produce it. He had 4 boxes left at a price of $50 per box shipped. I purchased it after checking the prices on Gun Broker and the likes.

He said that there is an executive ban by the King Obama that will not allow the importation of this ammunition. I googled and binged this and found nothing. Anyone have any insight?

We have it and cheaper then his prices.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

gbarbo001

Post by gbarbo001 » 06 Jan 2013, 18:50

What I can't figure out is why FNH does not have the presses running 24/7 pumping out 5.7 ammo. They could push the pre-hording wholesale/retail price up by $10 a box and many people, including me, would happily buy it.

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 06 Jan 2013, 19:00

How do we know they don't? Maybe people are just hoarding that much?

I know of one ammo plant in particular (not FNH) that has stepped up production & my buddy's getting plenty of overtime but they still can't keep up with demand. I've heard of the same thing happening in a few other places but don't know anyone in those places to confirm it.

I was at two stores today & couldn't find any 5.56 or .22LR in either one. :(

fd57

Post by fd57 » 06 Jan 2013, 19:16

panzermk2 wrote:We have it and cheaper then his prices.
Wait - you have some ammo in stock? Website update coming soon?!?!? :)

panzermk2wife
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2wife » 06 Jan 2013, 23:58

fd57 wrote:
panzermk2 wrote:We have it and cheaper then his prices.
Wait - you have some ammo in stock? Website update coming soon?!?!? :)
yeah when FN decides to ship us some.... :lmao:

NOT

We have gotten very little in since the election which by the way was totally expected because it happened after the previous election. And the talk of banning blah blah blah is nothing new as well.

Believe me when I tell you I am completely stressed out as I was with the last election because we are in the business of making ammunition and if we can't get supplies then we can't make the ammo and we have 3 kids to feed. I really don't want to go back to Mac & Cheese. I hate that crap :(
Visit Us on FaceBook
https://www.facebook.com/EliteAmmunition5.7x28mm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Leave Us Feedback on the Forum
http://www.fivesevenforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=8630" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 07 Jan 2013, 00:47

Switch to Ramen Noodles, no worries about mac&cheese

panzermk2wife
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2wife » 07 Jan 2013, 00:56

Rapier1772 wrote:Switch to Ramen Noodles, no worries about mac&cheese
Curse you Rapier, now I have a taste for them.

I guess I am gonna go up and make some instead of going to bed.

I am making you come pick my kids up in the morning and take them to school :laugh:
Visit Us on FaceBook
https://www.facebook.com/EliteAmmunition5.7x28mm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.fivesevenforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=8630" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Post by blueorison » 07 Jan 2013, 01:46

panzermk2wife wrote:
Rapier1772 wrote:Switch to Ramen Noodles, no worries about mac&cheese
Curse you Rapier, now I have a taste for them.

I guess I am gonna go up and make some instead of going to bed.

I am making you come pick my kids up in the morning and take them to school :laugh:
I LOVEEEE Mac & Cheese, just used a coupon to buy 3 boxes. Cheese Explosion, Triple Cheese, and Original. MMM

And Ramen.. well.. ya'll know it is what I still eat as a staple.

Love ya Lisa, I'd pick up the kids for you. It's one of my part time jobs, actually.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

panzermk2wife
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2wife » 07 Jan 2013, 06:36

So do my kids, but I ate way too much of it as a kid :(

Rapier is lucky I was way too excited the kids were finally going back to school so I made sure my happy butt was up to drop them off......lol
Visit Us on FaceBook

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 07 Jan 2013, 09:12

You do not want me picking up your kids Lisa, I will teach them how to drive on snow & ice the same way I learned :laugh: They'll be scarred for life :evil:

Oh, and I'll take mac & cheese over ramen any day. Mac & cheese rocks! :laugh:

Now what else can I make Lisa hungry for?
PB&J?
Cornbread is good.
Oh I know, biscuits & gravy! Actually, I might go get some of that myself :thumb:

Vortec MAX
Gold Member

Post by Vortec MAX » 07 Jan 2013, 10:22

Banned list? Ask him to see the list :D Ask him who wrote the list. Maybe he wrote it just to scare customers into buying guns. It sounds like BS to me.

I know the libs want "assault weapons" and "high-capacity" magazines now. In the words of Rahm Emanuel (or was it Saul Alinsky), "never let a serious crisis go to waste." They are using the recent tragedies to shuffle toward their "utopian" dream of a completely disarmed America. They are happy to do it piecemeal. How big of a piece will they push for this time? Who knows.

With a Republican controlled house, I don't think they have a chance of enacting any gun control measures without P. Obama using executive power. Watch out in two years though.

I am worried that P. Obama is going to get to pick one or two more justices to the Supreme Court during this term. That might be a real game changer for our 2nd Amendment rights as we know them.

Cross you fingers.

Mike

Vortec MAX
Gold Member

Post by Vortec MAX » 07 Jan 2013, 11:25

Oh no, it's official. I read it on the internet. FiveseveN pistols are soon to be banned.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =324488092" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Is this auction from someone we know?

Note to moderators. This is not my auction. If there is a rule against posting links to auctions, feel free to delete this post.

Mike

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 07 Jan 2013, 13:36

Vortec MAX wrote:Oh no, it's official. I read it on the internet. FiveseveN pistols are soon to be banned.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =324488092" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Is this auction from someone we know?

Note to moderators. This is not my auction. If there is a rule against posting links to auctions, feel free to delete this post.

Mike
Nope, but then again there are a lot of members on here. None of the ones I know by name is selling that auction.
Shoot more, worry less.

PapaSmersh

Post by PapaSmersh » 20 Feb 2013, 10:08

I got this from the following usgov link: http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/1 ... 8#overview" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

H.R. 538: To protect the Nation's law enforcement officers by banning the Five-seveN Pistol and 5.7 x 28mm SS190, SS192, SS195LF, SS196, and SS197 cartridges, testing handguns and ammunition for capability to penetrate body armor, and prohibiting the manufacture, importation, sale, or purchase of such handguns or ammunition by civilians.

Hopefully it will not pass.

Stitches1974

Post by Stitches1974 » 20 Feb 2013, 10:23

PapaSmersh wrote:I got this from the following usgov link: http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/1 ... 8#overview" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

H.R. 538: To protect the Nation's law enforcement officers by banning the Five-seveN Pistol and 5.7 x 28mm SS190, SS192, SS195LF, SS196, and SS197 cartridges, testing handguns and ammunition for capability to penetrate body armor, and prohibiting the manufacture, importation, sale, or purchase of such handguns or ammunition by civilians.

Hopefully it will not pass.
It won't and will never be very unlikely to pass. They've been trying to ban the 5.7 since 05.
Last edited by Stitches1974 on 20 Feb 2013, 11:05, edited 1 time in total.

fd57

Post by fd57 » 20 Feb 2013, 10:54

Perhaps more of a cautionary view? But consider never say never.

- Bet many never thought they'd be standing on the street corner and look around to see no less than 6 cameras recording everything at that intersection.

- Bet many smokers never thought they'd be huddle around a sandbox container in 20 degree temperatures "enjoying their freedom to smoke".

- Bet many never thought one day they'd rent an automobile that had a software governor programmed that capped top speed at 80mph.

- Bet many never thought a chemical giant would be responsible for putting more farmers out of business than anything else so as to control the crops grown.

ETC.

Just some thoughts. Not right or wrong. But never say never ...

Stitches1974

Post by Stitches1974 » 20 Feb 2013, 11:08

fd57 wrote:Perhaps more of a cautionary view? But consider never say never.

- Bet many never thought they'd be standing on the street corner and look around to see no less than 6 cameras recording everything at that intersection.

- Bet many smokers never thought they'd be huddle around a sandbox container in 20 degree temperatures "enjoying their freedom to smoke".

- Bet many never thought one day they'd rent an automobile that had a software governor programmed that capped top speed at 80mph.

- Bet many never thought a chemical giant would be responsible for putting more farmers out of business than anything else so as to control the crops grown.

ETC.

Fixed.

Traffic cams are there for a purpose, to lower running red light crimes

Smokers can still smoke, they just won't force others to breathe in nasty stuff and make them smell like crap. No one is forcing them to go outside. They choose to smoke. ( former smoker myself )

You shouldn't be speeding any way. The rental companies own the cars and can do what they want with them.

Never heard of the last one, so I can't comment on it.

PapaSmersh

Post by PapaSmersh » 21 Feb 2013, 07:39

Stitches1974 wrote:
fd57 wrote:Perhaps more of a cautionary view? But consider never say never.

ETC.

Fixed.

Traffic cams are there for a purpose, to lower running red light crimes

Smokers can still smoke, they just won't force others to breathe in nasty stuff and make them smell like crap. No one is forcing them to go outside. They choose to smoke. ( former smoker myself )

You shouldn't be speeding any way. The rental companies own the cars and can do what they want with them.

Never heard of the last one, so I can't comment on it.

Stitches1974, I believe fd57 is referring to Monsanto and their GMO seeds. There's a SCOTUS case being heard right now that, depending on how the court rules, could put a lot of independent farmers out of business.

pepsiismycoffee

Post by pepsiismycoffee » 21 Feb 2013, 10:03

I called to check on my backorder last night at Cabelas for 1000 rounds of American Eagle ammo and the order was placed on January 3rd and was backordered for 2/25/13 and they said it is still scheduled to ship on that day so maybe its not too much longer before we start seeing some ammo back on the shelves unless all of us backordered 1000's of rounds not sure how many backorders they take on the ammo.

Grantness

Post by Grantness » 21 Feb 2013, 14:30

Poor guys. Its taken me a while to realize the breadth and scope of this ammunition shortage just cause I never buy any. Im pretty much set on reloading components for tens of thousands of rounds. I know there's a bit of a learning curve, and some tasks can become tedious (if there's no TV to watch while you work :laugh: ).,,,, but with an initial investment of ~$200 or so you could get yourself a basic set-up and never have to concern yourself with ammo shortages, ammo quality, ammo prices ever again :ponder: I'd say any competent individual with the patience not to cut corners can safely load this round all day long with much higher velocities than the stuff you aren't getting from FN at the moment.

[/end rehashed reloading moderator rant]

Stitches1974

Post by Stitches1974 » 21 Feb 2013, 14:54

I don't trust myself reloading and I'm smart enough to know that. Me with my memory issues and a round as finicky as the 5.7, I would end up with a double charge and blow my gun and possibly me apart.

Grantness

Post by Grantness » 21 Feb 2013, 14:59

A lot of people share those concerns. Certain loads can't be double charged because the powder would spill out. Certain loads can fill the case completely and still be safe....if you know what you're doing. If the charge Im loading is anywhere near Max, I will weigh out the powder straight from the powder drop just to be certain no mistakes are made. ....but essentially the process is not much different than following a recipe. Establish a check list and follow it to the letter.

Stitches1974

Post by Stitches1974 » 21 Feb 2013, 15:05

I have sporadic short term memory, so It would be in my best interest not to reload. It's bad enough I have to check somethings 3-4 times. I know reloading would save me money, but not worth my health or a $1,200 gun.

Grantness

Post by Grantness » 21 Feb 2013, 19:04

Ive had my share of short term memory issues. LOL. If you educate yourself properly (thorough techniques as well load data ...which you better get here if you want solid peer reviewed loads, and u should read pretty much any primer that u'll find in any reloading manual), choose the right equipment and set down to paper the processes you need to go through to make the rounds properly. That's all it is. Knowledge goes a long way. The rest is planning, testing, and choosing whether to make adjustments. Its easy to make a box or two of top-notch reloads in an hour with even the simplest set-up. ...or you can pay double or triple the money on inferior FN ammo. I guess its just a matter of cost/benefit analysis, and whether you don't mind paying a premium for FN ammo if you can find it. Im telling you, the dangers of 5.7 reloading are overblown. Its not a particularly unusual cartridge to load properly.

Captiva

Post by Captiva » 21 Feb 2013, 19:20

This is the factory loaded ammunition forum. Not the zealous home reloader forum. Can you go brag about how great reloading is in that forum? We like to pay commercial manufacturers for our ammo.

Grantness

Post by Grantness » 21 Feb 2013, 19:34

So sorry to offer my pertinent advice (considering all the complaints about ammo shortages/prices). I only hope I havent offended you too much by my rash posts.

fd57

Post by fd57 » 21 Feb 2013, 19:42

Holy Toledo - whining about someone offering encouragement to consider loading one's own ammo for the FSN!!! Nice.

Grant is spot on - not only can you save coin by loading your own, but in times where ammunition is difficult to source, if you've the components you can load your own. Further, in times where the quantity of ammunition is restricted (possibly forthcoming legislation), you can roll all you can roll. Unless you want to punish yourself to 2 boxes per day. ;) Lastly, if you wish to use your FSN for difficult applications, loading your own ammunition will allow you to best utilize both your ammo and your firearm. IE, instead of trying to use SS197 (for example) for all applications, loading your own can permit you to utilize many different bullets, powders, and primers for best efficiency and applicability.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 21 Feb 2013, 20:16

Grantness wrote:So sorry to offer my pertinent advice (considering all the complaints about ammo shortages/prices). I only hope I havent offended you too much by my rash posts.
LOLLOLOL

LEWLLLLLLL

LEWLINGGGGGGG

HAHAHAHA
Shoot more, worry less.

Sinder

Post by Sinder » 21 Feb 2013, 21:35

ive realized the amount of factory ammo ive purchased could mean large savings in reloading. which is why i did just that and bought myself a lee classic. however the ammo shortage isnt the only shortage out there. Ive looked in AZ and CO all over as well as a bunch of websites for primers, powders, and bullets and had no success. until the stocks across the board are back to normal we have missed out on even attempting to reload

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 21 Feb 2013, 22:03

Captiva wrote:This is the factory loaded ammunition forum. Not the zealous home reloader forum. Can you go brag about how great reloading is in that forum? We like to pay commercial manufacturers for our ammo.
What's this "we" stuff :laugh: I don't like to pay their prices, especially lately.

I just want decent target ammo that doesn't cost a fortune. Can't wait for ammo things to get back to normal.
I really need to win the lottery, buy a few pallets of ammo :laugh:
Smeg! That would mean buying a ticket - or maybe I could pickpocket one? :laugh:

Stitches1974

Post by Stitches1974 » 22 Feb 2013, 06:33

Captiva wrote:This is the factory loaded ammunition forum. Not the zealous home reloader forum. Can you go brag about how great reloading is in that forum? We like to pay commercial manufacturers for our ammo.
I'm quite thankful that someone is going out of their way to try and help me and see no issues with it. Maybe when I get my .45 I will start reloading for it and work my way into the 5.7, but for now I will just read and try to soak up all the knowledge I can get.

Stitches1974

Post by Stitches1974 » 22 Feb 2013, 06:34

Grantness wrote:So sorry to offer my pertinent advice (considering all the complaints about ammo shortages/prices). I only hope I havent offended you too much by my rash posts.
No need to be sorry. You were just trying to be helpful and I appreciate that. I might try reloading in the future, but not at this current time. Thank you for your advice and knowledge. :thumb:

Grantness

Post by Grantness » 22 Feb 2013, 08:49

LOL. Clearly I wasn't trying to be sorry. BTW, home (or just) reloading is GREAT captiva....especially when done right. You will end up with faster, cheaper, more accurate, and more effective ammunition than FN produces (even their 'LE-only' rounds). That's why EA can't keep up with orders and demand often times (supply issues aside). BTW, EA is a 'factory manufactured' ammunition company so I should be safe on this post. Or maybe I ought to post it in both the EA and Reloading forum... not sure on this one. :ponder:

I'll end any personal drift that may have occurred. I'm not out here to pick fights with 10 post trolls...

As you were, gentlemen.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 22 Feb 2013, 09:17

Grantness wrote:LOL. Clearly I wasn't trying to be sorry. BTW, home (or just) reloading is GREAT captiva....especially when done right. You will end up with faster, cheaper, more accurate, and more effective ammunition than FN produces (even their 'LE-only' rounds). That's why EA can't keep up with orders and demand often times (supply issues aside). BTW, EA is a 'factory manufactured' ammunition company so I should be safe on this post. Or maybe I ought to post it in both the EA and Reloading forum... not sure on this one. :ponder:

I'll end any personal drift that may have occurred. I'm not out here to pick fights with 10 post trolls...

As you were, gentlemen.
Are you sure you want me to be as I was?

:lmao: :thumb: :cya:
Shoot more, worry less.

Grantness

Post by Grantness » 22 Feb 2013, 13:14

Haha, you're cool Blue. I always get a laugh out of you.

overthinkit

Post by overthinkit » 27 Feb 2013, 12:36

I just bought an MPA57. Am I nuts? I may never be able to load it.

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 27 Feb 2013, 13:28

Yes, you were nuts to buy it. You should just cut your losses & send it to me :laugh:

The current ammo shortage will subside eventually & then you'll be able to feed your new addiction. I just hope you have patience because "when" is is a very big question...

Oh and you have to post pics. Instruction on how to post pics are linked in my sig line. Welcome to the forum.

overthinkit

Post by overthinkit » 01 Mar 2013, 11:12

Lets all relax here. Armor-piercing ammo is available in many caliblers. This 5.7 x 28mm was designed for war to kill the enemy.

I find it interesting that the subsonic SB193 is not explicitly included in the list of ammo, also.

Republican House members will stop anything that Obama wants whether it is good policy or not. This is a lame duck president until the next election in 2014. If they can't agree on Sequestration, debt limit, or energy policy, then I think we are all safe.

Plus, they can't take away what we have already in terms of arms. If they ban ammo, then FN will fight for American Eagle who produces 5.7 x 28mm here in the US.

This is all just politics.

ROCKETW19

Post by ROCKETW19 » 01 Mar 2013, 15:16

overthinkit wrote:Lets all relax here. Armor-piercing ammo is available in many caliblers. This 5.7 x 28mm was designed for war to kill the enemy.

I find it interesting that the subsonic SB193 is not explicitly included in the list of ammo, also.

Republican House members will stop anything that Obama wants whether it is good policy or not. This is a lame duck president until the next election in 2014. If they can't agree on Sequestration, debt limit, or energy policy, then I think we are all safe.

Plus, they can't take away what we have already in terms of arms. If they ban ammo, then FN will fight for American Eagle who produces 5.7 x 28mm here in the US.

good post I agree with everything you said. I wish the rest of the world wouldnt panic so I can shoot again. its been 4 weeks since I been to shoot. thats the longets in my 20 yrs of shooting. I cant even imagine how bad I will shoot when I go next,lol

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 01 Mar 2013, 15:41

ROCKETW19 wrote:
overthinkit wrote:Lets all relax here. Armor-piercing ammo is available in many caliblers. This 5.7 x 28mm was designed for war to kill the enemy.

good post I agree with everything you said. I wish the rest of the world wouldnt panic so I can shoot again. its been 4 weeks since I been to shoot. thats the longets in my 20 yrs of shooting. I cant even imagine how bad I will shoot when I go next,lol
That's awesome that you've always been able to go out shooting so often!

I don't think I've met anyone that shot as much as you did, except for people who basically do it as a profession.

:)
Shoot more, worry less.

ROCKETW19

Post by ROCKETW19 » 01 Mar 2013, 21:23

blueorison wrote:
ROCKETW19 wrote:

That's awesome that you've always been able to go out shooting so often!

I don't think I've met anyone that shot as much as you did, except for people who basically do it as a profession.

:)
lol well that was a bit over stated but not by much.
I am a nut I have to be the best at some things. I used to target shoot I was ok at it usaually better than anyone at the range but I built a G21 all raced out from glockworx now I am hooked on going fast. for me it is not easy so I have to keep practice to get better. I refuse to golf as I know I will be hooked and will drive myself nutz trying to be tiger woods

NLVMike

Post by NLVMike » 01 Mar 2013, 23:10

The NV legislature is in session right now. 120 days every other year is all they have to mess with us, so they get their licks in where they can. Senator William Horne just introduced a bill that adds a $25 per gun and $.02 per round of ammo tax to all sales in Nevada. It also holds any seller liable for the actions of a gun buyer if they don't do a background check (this supposedly closes the "gun show loophole"). It also makes illegal any armor penetrating ammo that can be fired from a pistol. NV has it's own definition of "metal penetrating" for that law. Fortunately, it is considered a new tax, which requires a 2/3 majority to pass in this state. I hate that these guys even get their 15 minutes of fame.

dhpierre
Silver Member

Post by dhpierre » 02 Mar 2013, 13:17

I have to disagree with you, now is not the time to relax. With anti-gun legislation being introduced and passed all over the nation relaxation may lead to confiscation. Every gun owner should belong to the NRA. I receive by email newsletters from the NRA-ILA. The Institute for Legislative Action (ILA) is the lobbying arm of the NRA. I try to keep abreast of the latest gun legislation (pro & anti) and voice my opposition or support of it. That is the only way that we won't have our 2nd Amendment rights stripped from us. Gun owners have to be vocal in their views on 2nd Amendment issues. If you are not going to stand up for your gun rights nobody else is and you will lose them.

I used to be more laid back believing that the 2nd Amendment it's self would protect my gun rights. But the people that would take those rights away don't care about the 2nd Amendment. Given the chance they would amend the Constitution and do away with private gun ownership. So don't relax - stay vigilant.

Stitches1974

Post by Stitches1974 » 02 Mar 2013, 13:53

dhpierre wrote:
I have to disagree with you, now is not the time to relax. With anti-gun legislation being introduced and passed all over the nation relaxation may lead to confiscation. Every gun owner should belong to the NRA. I receive by email newsletters from the NRA-ILA. The Institute for Legislative Action (ILA) is the lobbying arm of the NRA. I try to keep abreast of the latest gun legislation (pro & anti) and voice my opposition or support of it. That is the only way that we won't have our 2nd Amendment rights stripped from us. Gun owners have to be vocal in their views on 2nd Amendment issues. If you are not going to stand up for your gun rights nobody else is and you will lose them.

I used to be more laid back believing that the 2nd Amendment it's self would protect my gun rights. But the people that would take those rights away don't care about the 2nd Amendment. Given the chance they would amend the Constitution and do away with private gun ownership. So don't relax - stay vigilant.
Just became a life member of the NRA about a month ago and even gave them a few extra bucks to help with the fight. Can't beat the $300.00 life membership drive they got going on now. No sponsors needed. No need to be a Vet or Senior.

whitey

Post by whitey » 13 Mar 2013, 15:56

What is the deal with this guy Engel, D - NY? He keeps trying to ban the 5.7 and all 5.7 ammo. Obviously he knows nothing about the gun and it's "armor piercing" abilities. He has submitted it again and now it's in committee. Worth keeping an eye on I think.

huddleston101

Post by huddleston101 » 13 Mar 2013, 16:03

Stitches1974 wrote:
dhpierre wrote:

Just became a life member of the NRA about a month ago and even gave them a few extra bucks to help with the fight. Can't beat the $300.00 life membership drive they got going on now. No sponsors needed. No need to be a Vet or Senior.
:thumb: welcome to the NRA club :thumb: :p
When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.” Thomas Jefferson

Stitches1974

Post by Stitches1974 » 14 Mar 2013, 05:03

Thank you. Still waiting on my Life card. Still stuck with my EPL card at the moment, but I'm sure the NRA is still slammed with new memberships.