Anyone doing competent trigger work on the PS90 ?

Discuss rifles chambered for the 5.7x28mm; P90, PS90, and AR57.
Toynut

Anyone doing competent trigger work on the PS90 ?

Post by Toynut » 23 Jan 2010, 10:32

I know the bull pup design does not lend itself to excellent trigger feel. I am used to nice crisp triggers on all of my weapons, even if I have to change the trigger group with aftermarket (usually Timney) units or have my gunsmith tweak them when possible. The PS90 just feels a bit toylike in operation (but not horribly so) and I would like to optimize it if at all possible.
Any suggestions that are worthwhile?

glock10mmman
custom title: 10mm guru

Re: Anyone doing competent trigger work on the PS90 ?

Post by glock10mmman » 23 Jan 2010, 10:51

I wish I could help, but Im a green horn when it comes to the PS90. Only fired it twice.

I would also like to know as I will be getting one eventually.
When all else fails......Vote from a rooftop

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 23 Jan 2010, 14:54

Vitaliy is looking into the PS90 trigger pack currently. Keep an eye out.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

Toynut

Post by Toynut » 24 Jan 2010, 05:07

Thanks Jay, I am sure he will have plenty of work from forum members if he can figure it out.

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 24 Jan 2010, 10:20

He will. He has had his PS90 apart already multiple times working on it.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

pdfromwv

Post by pdfromwv » 24 Jan 2010, 12:44

This is the only one I've heard of and it's still in the planning stage.

http://www.promotedpawn.com/products/10
Peace through Superior Firepower

User42

Post by User42 » 25 Jan 2010, 00:38

I used a little "powdered grease" on my FS2000 trigger components, and it helped a bit. I couldn't remember the milspec number for the grease, but I'm pretty sure it was called Molybdenum Disulfide. Looking it up on wikipedia seems I have the correct substance, apparently it was used as weapon lube in Vietnam.
If a man dedicates his life to good deeds and the welfare of others, He will die unthanked and unremembered. If he exercises his genius bringing death and misery to billions, his name will echo down through the millennia for a hundred lifetimes.

ninthinning
Gold Member

Post by ninthinning » 28 Jan 2010, 05:34

A quick and free tune up of the PS90 trigger involves the simple dis-assembly of the receiver. The rods that connect the trigger to the hammer release are pretty rough. I used sandpaper from the auto store to polish the rods. Started with 1200 grit then 1500, 2000 and crocus cloth. Finished with a dab of gun grease on the rods and the contact points in the receiver and the hammer pack. The pull is very smooth now and the pull weight of the stock trigger is fine.
9th

starfury

Post by starfury » 28 Jan 2010, 20:45

ninthinning - I just popped open my PS90 to take a look - how did you remove the metal push rod… it is attached snugly to the trigger assemble (and I sure don’t want to break anything). It does look like the surface is pretty rough on the thing – I could put a pretty good polish on the length of it with the buffing wheel if I could get it out.

ninthinning
Gold Member

Post by ninthinning » 29 Jan 2010, 07:43

Mine was not that tight, try a drop of oil.

gw45acp
Gold Member

Post by gw45acp » 29 Jan 2010, 11:21

ninthinning wrote:A quick and free tune up of the PS90 trigger involves the simple dis-assembly of the receiver. The rods that connect the trigger to the hammer release are pretty rough. I used sandpaper from the auto store to polish the rods. Started with 1200 grit then 1500, 2000 and crocus cloth. Finished with a dab of gun grease on the rods and the contact points in the receiver and the hammer pack. The pull is very smooth now and the pull weight of the stock trigger is fine.
9th
That's good advice. I used a little steel wool on mine. Shooting a lot of mild reloads, the connecting rods (and trigger pack) become so dirty that the trigger fails to reset sometimes. I would end up popping it out and wiping it down with CLP.
"How the Hell did I get here?"

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Post by blueorison » 29 Jan 2010, 12:18

seems like the "new" forum sponsers promoted pawn have a PS90 trigger job in coming out soon.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

starfury

Post by starfury » 29 Jan 2010, 19:34

Thanks ninthinning - I got it out and am polishing it up on the wheel (very reflective) - also cleaned up the hammer assembly and put a small dab of rydol grease on the bearing surfaces... I can already tell a difference!

I just dropped one of these aftermarket hammer/spring/trigger assemblies ( http://www.sierrapapacx4.com/CX4_Hammer.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" ) into my Beretta CX4 storm to replace its polymer parts and it cut the trigger pull in half (it now has a pretty crisp 4 lb pull)! This is what we need for the PS90.

WeAreNotAlone

Post by WeAreNotAlone » 14 Feb 2010, 13:28

User42 wrote:I used a little "powdered grease" on my FS2000 trigger components, and it helped a bit. I couldn't remember the milspec number for the grease, but I'm pretty sure it was called Molybdenum Disulfide. Looking it up on wikipedia seems I have the correct substance, apparently it was used as weapon lube in Vietnam.
Weapons in Vietnam used metal fire control components, and metal receivers. I would be wary of the long term effects of using any lube that wasn't specifically mentioned by name /part mfg by the mfg on PLASTIC.

Q: What is the stock of the P90 /PS90 specifically made of? Anyone seen any documents to the projected life-span?