AR 57 using the BFS III trigger

Discuss rifles chambered for the 5.7x28mm; P90, PS90, and AR57.
tinmaninnc

AR 57 using the BFS III trigger

Post by tinmaninnc » 05 Mar 2017, 11:45

Hello, has anyone used the new Franklin Armory BINARY FIRING SYSTEM III™ TRIGGER with the AR57 upper? I did a AR 57 pistol build with a 12" barrel and would like to put this in, but want to know for sure that it works before I lay out over $400.

I have a AR15 pistol build I did with a BFS II and it works great on my 556 upper, however when I switch to the AR57 upper it becomes a release only trigger. I am guessing its because the of the way the bolt is made. Now they say the BFSIII will work on blow back style uppers, the 22 and 9mm without modifications but don't mention the AR57. (I did contact FA and they responded only with a quick yes it would, but didn't really sound to reassuring.) I was hoping to find someone that has actually used it on a 57.

Thanks
Don

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Re: AR 57 using the BFS III trigger

Post by panzermk2 » 08 Mar 2017, 12:12

Not that I know of yet.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 08 Mar 2017, 12:13

Not that I know of yet.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

tinmaninnc

Post by tinmaninnc » 11 Mar 2017, 13:16

Well I ordered it about an hour ago and it still has not got here! LOL I'm going ahead with this on my 5.7 with high hopes, let the toe tapping and mail box checking begin!

tinmaninnc

Post by tinmaninnc » 23 Mar 2017, 15:08

Well I received my trigger today and got it installed, I am not sure why but it does not work at all with the 57 upper. I switched out the upper with one of my 556 uppers and it seems to work good. There is something about the bolt on the 57 that is preventing it from working. It fires the first time on the pull but then will not reset completely and I have to pop the rear pin to let the hammer reset to the catch.
I called Franklin armory and he was no help at all, to spite the fact that they told me that it would work. He said he seen a video on YouTube of somebody that used it on the 57.
Oh well, if anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it.