Strange ejection problem - AR57

Discuss rifles chambered for the 5.7x28mm; P90, PS90, and AR57.
HaloFreaks

Strange ejection problem - AR57

Post by HaloFreaks » 02 Jan 2017, 03:01

I have an AR57 rifle. I've been taking it out to the range every monday but each trip is always disappointingly the same. The bolt slams home every time, fires every time, picks up a new round everytime and extracts perfectly.... But won't eject 1:5-9 rounds. The bolt will cycle back, grabbing the cartridge and but instead of ejecting it only kicks it down about 30-45 degrees, then slams back, completely destroying both the cartridge it's attempting to load (by giving the neck a nasty bend) and the failed-to-eject casing (by crushing the neck against the upper receiver)

I noticed that when it does this it was gripping the casing pretty damn hard but I can sit there with a fully loaded mag and cycle the action myself just fine with no issues....

At one point the bolt and fired casing went so far back into the rifle the casing jammed the bolt back in the receiver's buffer tube. The casing actually caught on the bolt release and the bolt, still holding the casing at an awkward angle, wedged itself in that position!!! How in the world is that even possible?!?!?

(I will post pics when I go to the range today.... I can guarantee you I will get a jam or seven on that damn rifle)

grimmond
Gold Member

Re: Strange ejection problem - AR57

Post by grimmond » 02 Jan 2017, 12:02

What gen model is it? Is it an complete AR57 rifle or did you purchase and add the upper? If you added the upper, did you use their recoil spring and buffer?
"Let us never forget that good intelligence saves American lives and protects our freedom."
-Ronald Reagan

HaloFreaks

Post by HaloFreaks » 02 Jan 2017, 21:13

I do not know which generation it is, but I do use the buffer it came with when I ordered it. Image

HaloFreaks

Post by HaloFreaks » 02 Jan 2017, 21:14

You can see the nasty looking mark on the rim of the casing beneath the casing it was trying to chamber.... This is how it has been ramming.

Kiran04

Post by Kiran04 » 15 Jan 2017, 18:08

Did you try calling the manufacturer? Let us know if you get the problem worked out or what they say.