My fresh AR57 build!

Discuss rifles chambered for the 5.7x28mm; P90, PS90, and AR57.
IrishRedneck86

My fresh AR57 build!

Post by IrishRedneck86 » 14 Dec 2012, 21:23

Well I definitely couldn't be more happy then I am now with my AR57 unless I could have afforded and gotten the ACOG that I want for it as well. I got to take her out today for the first time to shoot after doing final assembly on Tuesday night.

This is also my first AR build in general but from my knowledge and training while I was active duty Navy it was a breeze but not cheap. lol
Heres how I made her:
AR57 16in Upper
Seekins Billet 7075 Lower Cerakoted Ridgeway blue
Stag Arms lower parts kit
CAA pistol grip
Magpul MBUS front and rear sights
Magpul UBR stock
Magpul 20rd Pmag gutted and modded to catch emty casings

She shot really well today I didnt touch the sights at all before the first shot only did a quick look with my bore laser and it seemed pretty dead on at 25yards so I just started shooting the first 2 three shot groups were just a bit low at 25 and 50 I adjusted one click on my front sight to raise and did another 3 shots at 25 yards it was a tad bit higher bit not in the 10 yet so I adjusted the front post again and then was dead on for my next 2 groups one at 25 then the second at 50 both dead on in the 10 I was a bit excited and let off a 4th shot at 50 cause I lost count which caused the hit on the top left arm of the X

Last edited by IrishRedneck86 on 15 Dec 2012, 00:11, edited 1 time in total.

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Re: My fresh AR57 build!

Post by panzermk2 » 15 Dec 2012, 00:04

Very NICE!
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

huddleston101

Post by huddleston101 » 29 Dec 2012, 17:25

sweet looking five seven, is there any advantage to having the back sight all the way forward like you have? might do mine like that. thanks

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Post by blueorison » 29 Dec 2012, 17:35

Seekins Billet 7075 Lower

This.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

IrishRedneck86

Post by IrishRedneck86 » 30 Dec 2012, 19:51

huddleston101 wrote:sweet looking five seven, is there any advantage to having the back sight all the way forward like you have? might do mine like that. thanks
I have it that far forward because eventually it will be getting a 4x32 Trijicon ACOG and Ill remove the rear sight while the ACOG is on and if it should ever fail and I have to use Irons then Ill be able to throw the rear on the front easily and its sighted in for 100yds already with the locking bar in the second notch. Also it just felt a little better having it out forward like that for me cause Im goofy enough as it is since Im right handed but I shoot lefty because I am left eye dominant and I cant close my left eye by itself. So it gives me good eye relief I guess you could say because I tried having it back further and I just couldnt focus well enough for whatever reason.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 30 Dec 2012, 20:35

IrishRedneck86 wrote: Also it just felt a little better having it out forward like that for me cause Im goofy enough as it is since Im right handed but I shoot lefty because I am left eye dominant and I cant close my left eye by itself.
wtf did I just read

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

you are Juan in a million, sir. Hats off.
Shoot more, worry less.

IrishRedneck86

Post by IrishRedneck86 » 31 Dec 2012, 17:06

I know Im def weird but I blame it on my Dad because he is a Lefty and partially passed it onto me and it didnt help my case as a kid I broke my right arm pretty good when I was trying to learn how to write and what not. So I have ended up doing somethings as a lefty and others as a righty and some things I can do with both. I can still shoot as a righty but it takes to long to acquire my target while trying to compensate for my goofy eyes, and being that now I'm an armed security guard my gun handling could mean the difference of me going home or to the hospital/morgue in a worst case instance. So I gotta stick with what way Im faster and more accurate doing.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod

Post by blueorison » 31 Dec 2012, 17:14

IrishRedneck86 wrote:I know Im def weird but I blame it on my Dad because he is a Lefty and partially passed it onto me and it didnt help my case as a kid I broke my right arm pretty good when I was trying to learn how to write and what not. So I have ended up doing somethings as a lefty and others as a righty and some things I can do with both. I can still shoot as a righty but it takes to long to acquire my target while trying to compensate for my goofy eyes, and being that now I'm an armed security guard my gun handling could mean the difference of me going home or to the hospital/morgue in a worst case instance. So I gotta stick with what way Im faster and more accurate doing.
:thumb:

I think you're spot on. Way to do it the right way. My dad is ambidextrous, but because in oldschool Asia, if you were left-handed, they would tie your left hand behind you and make you use your right hand only, because everyone was supposed to be right-handed.

I know exactly what you mean when you mention punching out and having problems/taking a lot longer to focus on the front sight with different eyes, etc. Occasionally, I practice shooting with either eye, and it gets VERY confusing and when I punch out, it might take me over 2 seconds to even find the front sight through the rear sight. Your brain can be rewired for sight, but it takes a lot longer than a few seconds. It takes more than a few days.

I shoot with both my right and left hand.
Shoot more, worry less.

IrishRedneck86

Post by IrishRedneck86 » 31 Dec 2012, 22:37

Yep I still shoot with both all the time its just Im that much faster as a lefty although when given the proper amount of time I can shoot equally well with both left and right. But like I said when it comes to practicing and building that muscle memory Im gonna stick with lefty because for me its been proven to work and allow me to be that much faster. As I had a close call when I was active duty overseas and if I hadnt been as fast as I was to get my weapon out and on target as a warning warning and deterrent to de-escalate the situation then I might have a huge scar in my gut at a minimum from a drunk angry local that was swinging around his field knife near me and my fellow guard.

PainKillaX

Post by PainKillaX » 01 Jan 2013, 00:39

To be honest too faded to read recent posts BUT at basic since I'm right handed but right eye dominant they made me shot lefty. Still pulled expert. Shooting handguns is an adventure with the right handed left eyed.

Kemosabi

Post by Kemosabi » 27 Sep 2016, 12:44

I just recently built an AR57 with the same Seekins lower. I am right handed so I converted the AR57 to a left hand charger. the good thing about using the Seekins Lower is with the ambidextrous bolt release button you can keep the bolt catch function. I just cut the release tab off on the left side so that the charging handle clears.