Help in Planning 5-7 Purchase

Discuss the FN Five-seveN line of pistols and accessories.

Moderator: blueorison

gr8ful70x7

Re: Help in Planning 5-7 Purchase

Post by gr8ful70x7 » 17 Mar 2010, 22:53

In a certain sense this gun will replace my target .22

My pistol skills have never been very good except with that .22 I sold last summer and my 8 3/8" S&W shooting .44 specials.

I know this is an expensive "plinker," but then skills require practise and I am older.

Hebs

Post by Hebs » 18 Mar 2010, 04:00

gr8ful70x7 wrote:
This is an idea I had not considered!

I was thinking along the lines of having a chambered round at the ready to fire while reloading.
It's been my experience that you always want to try to leave a round chambered when swapping mags so you don't have to release the slide and with some weapons, re-rack the slide to chamber another round... Course, in the heat of a fire fight, you don't really do a lot of bullet counting... :guns:

maverick23jhp

Post by maverick23jhp » 27 Mar 2010, 21:37

First Grand buy gun. Second Grand send money plus gun to EA. Have them trick everything out. Then instead of them sending you change back, get it in ammo! You can get the other stuff later on ebay.

gr8ful70x7

Post by gr8ful70x7 » 26 May 2010, 22:44

Finally, pulled the trigger yesterday, figuratively speaking. However, I bought a pair of FDE with adjustable sites. Heck, I got two hands. The dealer had two of them, so I bought them. But, I did not get to take them home. :-( Got a delay on their call in check ;-(

Since these are exotics and rare, I figured it best to have a back up. Now to wiat until the 28th. Then to send them off for tuning . . .

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Post by blueorison » 01 Jun 2010, 14:27

gr8ful70x7 wrote:Finally, pulled the trigger yesterday, figuratively speaking. However, I bought a pair of FDE with adjustable sites. Heck, I got two hands. The dealer had two of them, so I bought them. But, I did not get to take them home. :-( Got a delay on their call in check ;-(

Since these are exotics and rare, I figured it best to have a back up. Now to wiat until the 28th. Then to send them off for tuning . . .
You bought two...

Awesome.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

groobel226

Post by groobel226 » 01 Jun 2010, 17:52

blueorison wrote:
gr8ful70x7 wrote:Finally, pulled the trigger yesterday, figuratively speaking. However, I bought a pair of FDE with adjustable sites. Heck, I got two hands. The dealer had two of them, so I bought them. But, I did not get to take them home. :-( Got a delay on their call in check ;-(

You bought two...

Awesome.

Yes, quite.

ChaosSeen

Post by ChaosSeen » 01 Jun 2010, 19:02

gr8ful70x7 wrote: However, I bought a pair of FDE with adjustable sites. Heck, I got two hands. The dealer had two of them, so I bought them. But, I did not get to take them home. :-( Got a delay on their call in check ;-(
They must have automatic delays on everyone who buys two at one time. :ponder:

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Post by blueorison » 02 Jun 2010, 08:43

ChaosSeen wrote:
gr8ful70x7 wrote: However, I bought a pair of FDE with adjustable sites. Heck, I got two hands. The dealer had two of them, so I bought them. But, I did not get to take them home. :-( Got a delay on their call in check ;-(
They must have automatic delays on everyone who buys two at one time. :ponder:
Must be a mexican drug cartel thing.

Feds worry too much about those people, they can't shoot worth a sh*t anyway. And seeing that the FsN is one of the hardest pistols to shoot skillfully, they probably couldn't hit the broadside of a barn at 3 feet.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.