ss197 jamming

Discuss the FN Five-seveN line of pistols and accessories.

Moderator: blueorison

Higgs666

Re: ss197 jamming

Post by Higgs666 » 18 Mar 2010, 19:33

I went out saturday and got my first problems with the pistol. 3 magazines in a row with failure to load. Turned out the problem was I didn't seat the magazine hard enough. I really have to pop that thing to get it to seat correctly.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Post by blueorison » 19 Mar 2010, 00:00

Higgs666 wrote:I went out saturday and got my first problems with the pistol. 3 magazines in a row with failure to load. Turned out the problem was I didn't seat the magazine hard enough. I really have to pop that thing to get it to seat correctly.
I lost count the number of times I watch shooters stare blankly as they take their first shot and their mag falls out the pistol. Glad you figured it out and it wasn't a bigger problem :thumb:
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

Hebs

Post by Hebs » 19 Mar 2010, 07:47

Treat it like a newborn and SMACK THAT BOTTOM!!!

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 19 Mar 2010, 08:48

Hebs wrote:Treat it like a newborn and SMACK THAT BOTTOM!!!
Or a... Oh wait - public forum... Nevermind :monkey:
How to post pics & videos: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6363
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.

panzermk2
Forum Supporter
Location: Around here it's more like what can we shoot through next.

Post by panzermk2 » 21 Mar 2010, 09:39

But a clip IS a spring :wall:
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

maverick23jhp

Post by maverick23jhp » 27 Mar 2010, 21:27

Higgs666, When you have a chance. Attend a handgun course hosted by the NRA or your local law enforcement. Even if you already know it all, you will learn something new. Usually what not to do. But every issue you have had would of been covered in a four hour training block at most ranges. Not to hurt anyone's feelings, but I took my brand new, unfired (except for the factory test fire round), uncleaned FsN to the range for qualification. By the end of the range session, 550 rounds total were fired by 20 plus shooters, and I qualified the first time out. BTW it was also the first time I have ever shot a FsN. It never missed a lick, not even with the regular retards shooting it.

I have seen problems with Glocks when a light or laser is attached using a bolt like the TRL-1 and the TRL-2. Apparently the shooters with issues was able to bend a quarter using their retard strenght, which put stress on the frame causing it to flex at the front slide rails, preventing the slide from cycling. I have not seen nor heard of this happening to the FsN but I always keep that in mind. So if I need a light or laser I use the kind that you do not need tools to remove it.