Insight M6X VS Streamlight TLR-2

Discuss the FN Five-seveN line of pistols and accessories.

Moderator: blueorison

fastcbr4

Insight M6X VS Streamlight TLR-2

Post by fastcbr4 » 11 Aug 2009, 21:00

Can anyone recommend the better of the 2 as far as quality? The streamlight is slightly brighter than the insight and I know the streamlight has an LED vs the insights Xenon bulb....Are the laser's different from the 2? I couldnt find very good technical info on them. Sidearmor makes a holster for either option, Though I wish they had an option for the Surefire x400 since my job is a dealer for them. Thanks for the help.

Augustus

Re: Insight M6X VS Streamlight TLR-2

Post by Augustus » 14 Aug 2009, 22:12

I would recommend the TLR-2.

Insight seems rather overpriced to me. For technical info, look them both up on MidwayUSA. I believe they have a lot of specs there. Check weights also. IIRC, the TLR-2 is lighter, despite having the aluminum body.

I personally want a Viridian X5L.

Carpe Diem

Post by Carpe Diem » 23 Aug 2009, 09:29

Second the recommendation for the TLR-2.

I have two and find them to be well-made, reliable and durable. Somewhat smaller than the Insight model as well.

Laser is quick to zero and retains POA reliably ( mine are mounted on H&K USP .45's )

Look for the newer 'C-4" equipped LED models as they are visibly brighter than the original model.

03clyde

Post by 03clyde » 23 Aug 2009, 14:29

Can't compare, only have the TLR-2. Can't complain, works fine.

karbuv

Post by karbuv » 23 Aug 2009, 17:29

My Streamlight TLR-2 was my favorite weapon light for years until the SIG SAUER STL-900L LIGHT/LASER came along. You might want to check it out as it is cheaper, brighter, disorients better with flashing/strobing, and has the laser inside the light which has more settings than others, 4 in all. 1) momentary steady light, 2) switched on steady light, 3) momentary flashing/strobing light, 4) switched on flashing/strobing light. At $160.00 it is worth a look. Don't have the Insight M6X.

A possible +- tradeoff of the SIG SAUER STL-900L LIGHT/LASER is that it is slightly wider than some of the others, but it is shorter because the laser is inside the light rather than hanging under it.

link to the SIG SAUER STL-900L LIGHT/LASER
http://dynamicarmament.com/items/lights ... detail.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Here’s a couple of my favorite Reagan quotes; 1) When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat. 2) The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn’t so.
Institutionalized Anarchy = BO Admin

Captan Harold D

Post by Captan Harold D » 24 Aug 2009, 06:06

Karbuv, does the stL900L fit the 5.7 rail?
Thanks
If wishes were horses, hobos would ride!