Got my first FNH FiveseveN...

Discuss the FN Five-seveN line of pistols and accessories.

Moderator: blueorison

JrFreak

Got my first FNH FiveseveN...

Post by JrFreak » 27 May 2016, 08:31

Hello all, I finally got a FiveseveN. I've been wanting one for a while, but never got around to it. A found this one local and got a really good deal (at least I think) on it. I can't wait to shoot it. I need to grab some ammo first and a lefty holster.

I've been reading a lot on here and have a question. Are the USG and MKI the same firearm? Or are they different? Thanks! Back to browsing.

EDIT: Lots of good info here.... will keep me busy for a few hours at least. One of the first things I want to do is get an optic mount for it using the lower rail. Any suggestions?

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Re: Got my first FNH FiveseveN...

Post by panzermk2 » 27 May 2016, 09:26

Technically the MKI is the USG, so yes.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 27 May 2016, 09:27

And welcome to the club.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

charger52

Post by charger52 » 27 May 2016, 09:49

I order mine at the beginning of May still waiting for it to show up.

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 27 May 2016, 10:26

JrFreak, I edited your post to contain the question on your other thread since they were almost the same.

Anyway,
Mounting optics to the rail wasn't a good idea, I don't know if FNH ever fixed it on the USG. There were instances where the weight & repeated recoil would cause the rail to start cracking. It's meant for a laser and/or a light.

Elite Ammunition makes a rail for your rear sight to mount a red dot or something like that. A link to their site is in the banners near the top of the page. They also have pics on here.

Here's a link to all things EA on this forum: http://www.fivesevenforum.com/viewforum.php?f=8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
How to post pics & videos: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6363
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.

CPTKILLER
custom title: CPT Killer

Post by CPTKILLER » 28 May 2016, 07:25

Superb. I love mine albeit a bit large for concealed carry.

Howdy from Austin, Texas.

NLVMike

Post by NLVMike » 30 May 2016, 06:03

I guess in World War 1, they didn't call it that. It didn't get that name until World War II came along. Mark I is kind of like that. It was just called the USG until the Mark II came along, then the USG became the Mark I. Enjoy it. You can't really go wrong just buying a boat load of ammo from PSA, as they seem to have the cheapest SS197 around. Then just shoot it, a lot. For me, miine is kind of like my Remington 870, as it just keeps getting better as the round count goes up.

JrFreak

Post by JrFreak » 31 May 2016, 07:47

Rapier1772 wrote:JrFreak, I edited your post to contain the question on your other thread since they were almost the same.

Anyway,
Mounting optics to the rail wasn't a good idea, I don't know if FNH ever fixed it on the USG. There were instances where the weight & repeated recoil would cause the rail to start cracking. It's meant for a laser and/or a light.

Elite Ammunition makes a rail for your rear sight to mount a red dot or something like that. A link to their site is in the banners near the top of the page. They also have pics on here.

Here's a link to all things EA on this forum: http://www.fivesevenforum.com/viewforum.php?f=8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks. I missed the message when I tried to post the first one about it having to be approved. I didn't think it went thru so I made a new one.

And thanks for the heads up on the cracking issue. I'll stay away from that then and look at the slide mount. I think they are out of stock for the MKI.

blizzardscout2
Platinum Member

Post by blizzardscout2 » 22 Jun 2016, 13:02

Nice find. How do you like it now that you have had it for a month?