5.7 Threaded barrel???

Discuss the FN Five-seveN line of pistols and accessories.

Moderator: blueorison

russell

5.7 Threaded barrel???

Post by russell » 01 Mar 2015, 15:14

Hi Members. I'm new to the forum and find it very helpful reading many of the posts on a variety of topics. Thank you.
I have a question: I have a threaded barrel for the 5.7 handgun. I've had it for many years and can't remember what I paid for it, or where I got it.
Recently, I've had a person wanting to buy it, but I am having difficulty find one so I know what it is worth. Anyone out there know what they are worth or can direct me to a site that may be selling them. Thanks again.
Russel

DoubleJ

Re: 5.7 Threaded barrel???

Post by DoubleJ » 01 Mar 2015, 15:34

There are only three that I know of, post a picture of it so we can help you figure out what it is, and then talk you out of selling it since you're going to need a suppressor now that they're an every day item.

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 01 Mar 2015, 17:27

Every day item? When did that happen?

As for the OP, EFK barrels are obvious - they're stamped EFK :D
Never seen a Jarvis barrel, website shows a painted thread end.
Tornado Tech barrels look like the ones in this thread: http://www.fivesevenforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8501" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

How used is the barrel? Every gun I've sold, someone has asked for the round count. Barrels are likely to be the same.
How to post pics & videos: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6363
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.

russell

Post by russell » 01 Mar 2015, 21:58

Thanks guys, It is a Jarvis threaded barrel. The last post triggered ( no pun intended) my aging memory. What should I ask for it. Is Jarvis still manufacturing barrels? On a post previous I found out that the 5.7 pistol I own is the very first variant. It is extremely rare. Thank you for the information.

panzermk2
Forum Supporter
Location: Around here it's more like what can we shoot through next.

Post by panzermk2 » 01 Mar 2015, 23:38

Depends is the chamber good? How has it been working for you? If it has issues it may cause issues with the buyer.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

russell

Post by russell » 03 Mar 2015, 23:15

The barrel has never been in a gun. I purchased it new about 6 or 7 years ago. Thank you.

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 04 Mar 2015, 00:10

Uh oh, Gen 1 Jarvis. They had issues with out of spec chambers
How to post pics & videos: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6363
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.

russell

Post by russell » 04 Mar 2015, 06:51

UGH!!!!

bruteandbear1
custom title: CHICAGO BEARS!!!

Post by bruteandbear1 » 04 Mar 2015, 09:20

russell wrote:Thanks guys, It is a Jarvis threaded barrel. The last post triggered ( no pun intended) my aging memory. What should I ask for it. Is Jarvis still manufacturing barrels? On a post previous I found out that the 5.7 pistol I own is the very first variant. It is extremely rare. Thank you for the information.
So you have the FN DAO FSN?

russell

Post by russell » 04 Mar 2015, 13:48

Yes, The pistol I have is the DAO. No safety, low sights (not adjustable). What is FSN? I am trying to find out what it is worth but unable to find any of them around.
Russell.

Buffman
Silver Member

Post by Buffman » 04 Mar 2015, 14:12

FSN = Five-seveN

russell

Post by russell » 04 Mar 2015, 18:52

OK Thanks Yes that's what I have.

Buffman
Silver Member

Post by Buffman » 04 Mar 2015, 20:15

Russell where did you get a DAO? Got pics?

russell

Post by russell » 04 Mar 2015, 22:35

I've had this gun for a long time. 8-9 years maybe. At that time I purchased it, I was working in a Pawn shop in Vegas ( that was an interesting job). A person came in to take a loan on it. A few weeks later he came back to get it out of pawn. I asked if he wanted to sell, contingent on a clear record search. It was clean, so I bought it. At the time I didn't know it was a valuable gun. Neither did he apparently. Only recently, when I was showing it to a friend who has several FN 5.7's, said it was different from the ones he had. The serial numbers were high on the hand grip, no mag disconnect, etc. I found this site and asked about it. I was directed to another site, with pictures, where I was able to determine what type of IOM it is. I have pictures on my desktop but I don't know how to post pictures on this site. I am considering putting it on Gunbroker but can't ascertain a value as yet. I'm a little nervous about putting it on without a reserve or starting bid.
Thanks
Russel

Buffman
Silver Member

Post by Buffman » 05 Mar 2015, 04:29

russell wrote:I've had this gun for a long time. 8-9 years maybe. At that time I purchased it, I was working in a Pawn shop in Vegas ( that was an interesting job). A person came in to take a loan on it. A few weeks later he came back to get it out of pawn. I asked if he wanted to sell, contingent on a clear record search. It was clean, so I bought it. At the time I didn't know it was a valuable gun. Neither did he apparently. Only recently, when I was showing it to a friend who has several FN 5.7's, said it was different from the ones he had. The serial numbers were high on the hand grip, no mag disconnect, etc. I found this site and asked about it. I was directed to another site, with pictures, where I was able to determine what type of IOM it is. I have pictures on my desktop but I don't know how to post pictures on this site. I am considering putting it on Gunbroker but can't ascertain a value as yet. I'm a little nervous about putting it on without a reserve or starting bid.
Thanks
Russel
How to post pics & videos: http://www.fivesevenforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6363" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;