Ryan Herle aka Medula Oblongata

Elite Ammunition, makers of custom 5.7x28 ammunition.

Moderators: panzermk2wife, panzermk2

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Re: Ryan Herle aka Medula Oblongata

Post by Rapier1772 » 19 Sep 2009, 20:39

wow....

The CW03 to medical retirement from the army to police officer to ATF agent seemed improbable but not impossible. Its a lot to do but with the right attitude & drive it is possible. I bought it - all of it.

Thank you for bringing this to light
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.
Tactical Search Instructions & tips: http://www.fivesevenforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12045

Sniperjoe
Gold Member
custom title: What is love?

Post by Sniperjoe » 19 Sep 2009, 20:50

wow, just wow

im not going to lie, like most of the people here, i belived most of the things that he said. Some of it however i didnt, like i remember he said he had a collection of cigars worth over 100,000. In the back of my head i always thought he was bsing, i dont think i ever really wanted to belive it.

Im the type of person who never divulges information about my self over the internet. Not my name, where i live, bday, age, anything. I always found it strange that I actually trusted people here enough to give any info on me at all. Il be honest ive always liked this place for that reason, the "family" enviorment.

im not going to lie, it feels a bit odd now though...........

panzermk2wife
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2wife » 19 Sep 2009, 20:57

Consider yourself lucky

This asshole has been my house alone with me & my children at times.

Sniperjoe
Gold Member

Post by Sniperjoe » 19 Sep 2009, 21:04

yea i dont think anyone here will deny that jay and lisa got the brunt of it :(

ynoty3k
custom title: Hoplophile

Post by ynoty3k » 19 Sep 2009, 21:43

Wow. Just wow. :?: :huh:

I questioned his credentials, but this is the internet. I'm sorry some of you all got hurt so much more by this guy. I guess everything else's pretty much been said...

tomorrow brings another day. Fresh beginnings for all. :patriot:

Just curious, with him gone is it okay to say the word "Airsoft" again?

also, what happened to his post count? was it reset?

and with him gone, does that mean there's an opportunity for fractional Ownership in EA?

ChuckD
custom title: Tactical Tier2 Ninja

Post by ChuckD » 19 Sep 2009, 21:50

Wow, I actually thought he was a decent guy.
I know I'm not the oldest of the forum members, but everytime I talked to him he made me feel kinda like small, worthless. (Even though I had only ordered from EA once. I'm a poor college student and can barely afford rent.)
I'm sorry for Lisa & Jay with how they had to take the brunt of it. My best wishes are with you, and this makes me question people even more. Thank you for being truthful with us.

f3rr37
Site Admin

Post by f3rr37 » 19 Sep 2009, 21:57

ynoty3k wrote:also, what happened to his post count? was it reset?
Ryan chose to delete all of his posts, as he has the right to do, as does everyone else if they feel the need to. Posts are property of the user who has posted them.
ynoty3k wrote:Just curious, with him gone is it okay to say the word "Airsoft" again?
Of course, as long as you understand completely that airsoft and firearms are two completely different subjects and should not be mixed :D

f3rr37
Site Admin

Post by f3rr37 » 19 Sep 2009, 22:08

Oh, and he also attempted to give everyone access to every part of the forum, but somehow managed to not to, thank goodness. And he tried clearing the admin/mod logs to cover his tracks.

ynoty3k
custom title: Hoplophile

Post by ynoty3k » 19 Sep 2009, 22:09

If I hold a lighter to my airsoft, it becomes a firearm (uses propane for propellant)

Ahh, I was just wondering. I didnt think you all would delete his posts, just curious.

What doesn't Kill you makes ya stronger. I guess we all are stronger now. Perhaps more jaded too, but stronger still.

Buffman
Silver Member

Post by Buffman » 19 Sep 2009, 22:12

WOW!

IS there any reason to question his ability/expertise in loading the ammuntion that was sold to EA customers, or was that one thing he did with good mindset?

I know a person who has a tale of lies similiar to this. At one point he had stated he had a performance business located in a few cities over. He had sold rims to a local and three days before he was going to deliver them to that guy, his house got robbed and the rims were stolen. I happened accross that automotive forum one day, and had stumbled upon such posts by him. I informed the person he frauded and from that day, I've never trusted a word that man says.

Sniperjoe
Gold Member

Post by Sniperjoe » 19 Sep 2009, 22:30

f3rr37 wrote:Oh, and he also attempted to give everyone access to every part of the forum, but somehow managed to not to, thank goodness. And he tried clearing the admin/mod logs to cover his tracks.
why and how would he do that?, he wasnt a mod was he?

I know he lied and shit, but i didnt know he actually wanted to go as far as to cause harm to the forum :?:

Buffman
Silver Member

Post by Buffman » 19 Sep 2009, 22:34

he was a mod. or at least I remember him locking threads?

f3rr37
Site Admin

Post by f3rr37 » 19 Sep 2009, 22:38

yeah, kind of a mod.

panzermk2
Forum Supporter
Location: Around here it's more like what can we shoot through next.

Post by panzermk2 » 19 Sep 2009, 22:47

Buffman wrote:WOW!

IS there any reason to question his ability/expertise in loading the ammuntion that was sold to EA customers, or was that one thing he did with good mindset?

I know a person who has a tale of lies similiar to this. At one point he had stated he had a performance business located in a few cities over. He had sold rims to a local and three days before he was going to deliver them to that guy, his house got robbed and the rims were stolen. I happened accross that automotive forum one day, and had stumbled upon such posts by him. I informed the person he frauded and from that day, I've never trusted a word that man says.

No. For the most part all of the ammunition loaded the last 2 months has been loaded by me. Currently no one else is loading. Before that 50/50 but I have been watching him like you would not believe the last 6 months. So much so he did not like it. Lisa has been hand checking every loaded cartridge one at a time since. We had one lot of bad primers get out. The total run went to 2 people and we have since replaced that ammunition.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Post by blueorison » 19 Sep 2009, 23:02

Seems like alot of lies were told to gain the affirmation and love of others. Panzer and PanzermkII I continue to wish EA and your family the best... I'm sorry that you have had to go through this much pain.

I do not know Ryan as much as you guys do, but I agree with the fact that no matter how unloved, lonely you are or what mental illness you have it does not excuse yourself from getting help rather than hurting those who love you.

After you tell a lie for so long, you start believing it. I agree with ferret when he said

"There is really only one thing that we as a forum expect from every person on here, is that you're truthful about yourself."

in the end the truth will surface.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

f3rr37
Site Admin

Post by f3rr37 » 19 Sep 2009, 23:12

Lets not forget that Ryan still is a member of this forum and at any time could come and refute these claims and try to prove us wrong. He has not been banned like he has done to others, we presented him with our findings and tried to allow him to just walk away w/out a fuss.

sabotteur
custom title: Big Dog Outfitters

Post by sabotteur » 20 Sep 2009, 03:07

And to think we offered to have him out here at the farm so he could spend time with his daughter if that trip to DC was even real.

I guess I owe Lisa and Jay an apology too, as I kinda got a little terse with them after 9 months of Ryan taking my money and never shipping an EA order, one that they immediately sent out as soon as they became aware of the situation.

I knew about him creating trolls accounts so he could refute them, called him out on it once in PMs, after which he claimed to own Kronos Management when the forums switched over. I guess that was a lie too....

Anyway, I'll agree that it's a shame but I have neither the time nor the patience to deal with liars. The whole mental health defense is a great way for liberals to defend the violator and take away the dignity of the victims.

RedDog57
custom title: RedDog

Post by RedDog57 » 20 Sep 2009, 03:20

To Jay, Lisa, and the Forum team, thank you. I'm sure emotions are running high, but it looks like you have all approached this in a careful, methodical way. I feel stupid posting a nice goodbye message, and I've only read him for a short time. It must be hard for you who have known and worked with him. Thanks for bringing this to our attention; you respect us by doing the right thing. :patriot:

Sniperjoe
Gold Member

Post by Sniperjoe » 20 Sep 2009, 06:05

jmz5 wrote:I actually feel a little ashamed of some of the people who I banned based on Ryan's requests. :(
nah man, dont, he had everyone fooled with his bs

plus 98% of the people you banned on his request were probly him anyway
:laugh:

tejohnson
custom title: a nobody

Post by tejohnson » 20 Sep 2009, 06:44

Is it April 1st? No really? I have not been very active on here for a few months but I have glanced at the forum every week. Never would I have thought anything was up. Have there been more absurd claims over the past few months that led to this doubt?

I never once questioned Ryans credentials. I was not aware of the "ATF" employee claim, although, that would have been easy to verify. (Prior pay records for all Federal Employees can be found on the Internet)

In any case, he did seem to know his stuff when it came to the 5.7x28. Is there any question about guidance given, specifically in the areas of discussion on what Is and Is Not safe?