Reticle Enhancement Module Feedback Wanted

Manufacturer of the Reticle Enhancement Module 3 for the PS90, Illuminates the White Ring Sight,The Black Ring Sight and the Green Dot Fiber Optic Ring Sight.
"Peace Through Strength" merchandise

Moderator: M1P90

skoltuniak
Gold Member

Reticle Enhancement Module Feedback Wanted

Post by skoltuniak » 22 Aug 2008, 10:48

Does anybody have any experience with the magazineparts.com REM? I'm thinking this will be a much easier alternative to trying to mount my EOTech.

Whatcha think?

Shaun

f3rr37
Site Admin

Re: Reticle Enhancement Module Feedback Wanted

Post by f3rr37 » 22 Aug 2008, 10:53

There have been quite a few satisfied customers who have used both the REM2 and the new REM3.

skoltuniak
Gold Member

Post by skoltuniak » 22 Aug 2008, 10:57

Do you know of any successful, decent looking DIY projects or alternatives that do the same thing?

f3rr37
Site Admin

Post by f3rr37 » 22 Aug 2008, 10:58

I don't ever recall seeing any DIY projects. The REM2/3 is a pretty solid unit from what others have said.

skoltuniak
Gold Member

Post by skoltuniak » 22 Aug 2008, 11:00

f3rr37 wrote:I don't ever recall seeing any DIY projects. The REM2/3 is a pretty solid unit from what others have said.
Cool, thanks for the info. Looks like I'll be making an order! :)

Do you recommend their spring upgrade as well?

f3rr37
Site Admin

Post by f3rr37 » 22 Aug 2008, 11:02

Sorry, I never actually used either, just recalling what I remember what was posted about it on the old forum.

Also, the spring upgrade is mfg'd and sold by MagazineParts. The REM2/3 Modules are just sold by MagazineParts if I recall correctly.

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 22 Aug 2008, 11:16

I have the red REM-T3 & I am very happy with it. It illuminated the T-rectical in any light I have used it in. Don't know of any DIY's but this is well worth the cost.
How to post pics & videos: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6363
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.

skoltuniak
Gold Member

Post by skoltuniak » 22 Aug 2008, 11:23

Rapier1772 wrote:I have the red REM-T3 & I am very happy with it. It illuminated the T-rectical in any light I have used it in. Don't know of any DIY's but this is well worth the cost.
That's what I'm thinking...why rig something to a sweet firearm.

tejohnson
custom title: a nobody

Post by tejohnson » 22 Aug 2008, 15:59

Not only is it a sweet enhancement, especially for the cost, but Chris (M1P90, maker of the T3) is a pretty cool person.

t1210

Post by t1210 » 22 Aug 2008, 16:11

I have one, looks like it will work great but I haven't had a chance to try it.

Esteves
Wiki Moderator
custom title: Shhh!

Post by Esteves » 24 Aug 2008, 16:22

skoltuniak wrote:Does anybody have any experience with the magazineparts.com REM? I'm thinking this will be a much easier alternative to trying to mount my EOTech.
I have a REM2 on my PS90Std. It works as advertised and the sight picture IS an improvement over the bare-bones white-reticled Ring sight in certain conditions. For the price, it's a great alternative, but I'd still rather have the black-reticled Ring sight or a third-party optic if money was no object.

Speaking of third-party optics, member MSW has his original MSW100 Compact ACOG LoMount available at $25.00 including shipping in the CONUS. (yes, twenty-five dollars shipped.)

Here's my review from before the crash:
Like many others, I've been less than thrilled with the white-reticled Ring sight. It sounded great on paper, and looked good in the glossy marketing materials but its actual performance under typical conditions that I encounter (from shadow into glare) was lacking.
  • So, what options are out there?
  • Black-reticled Ring sight (AKA USG sight AKA USSS sight) - a bit pricey, but improves the sight picture and maintains a low profile.
  • FN/Aftermarket M1913 rails and various optics - price and quality varies, as does distance between the barrel and the center of the optic.
  • TROS' Trijicon-specific or Aimpoint-specific mounts - Haven't tried them, but people who have seem pleased. [The MSW100 came first and is a bargain, see above.]
  • PS90TR - A good bet if you know you want an aftermaket optic, but aren't sure which one.
  • REM2 - maintains the PS90's low profile, inexpensive, non-bulky.
In my case, I initially ditched the stock Ring sight for FN's rail coupled with an EoTech and was happy with that setup for quite a while. I eventually picked up a good deal on a PS90TR also, but neglected to budget for another set of optics - so the HWS moved to the PS90TR and the Ring sight got re-installed on the PS90Std, but I was back to square one regarding the Ring sight.

Enter the REM2.
  • Similar (conceptually) to the tri-power.
  • Low weight.
  • Low bulk.
  • Low cost.
I'll be honest, it is an improvement over the stock sight, but it's still not as easy for me to use as the EoTech is. At $69.00 the comparison isn't even fair, though. I think this option fills a need for those who are budget-concious that want to improve the situation and add some flexibility to the stock sight without throwing another car payment at it.

I did have some issues with the first unit that Chris sent, but those issues were resolved quickly and professionally with the barest minimum of unavoidable hassle. Great customer support.
--
S
© 2004-2019 Esteves

Political tags — such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative,
and so forth — are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want
people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Holliday89

Post by Holliday89 » 24 Aug 2008, 18:13

I just made an order for a T3. Hopefully will have it soon. I'll post what I think when i get it and get a chance to use it a few times.

gw45acp
Gold Member

Post by gw45acp » 24 Aug 2008, 18:46

I used the REM2 on and it is a good workaround for the white reticle sight. the T3 is even better. I had a minor problem with the an intermitent connection causing the light to flicker on & off. I returned it to Chris and he explained that there was just a little grease where it shouldn't have been. He replaced it with a T3 at no charge.

Their customer service is excellent so buy with confidence.
"How the Hell did I get here?"

Llagoud
custom title: A is A

Post by Llagoud » 15 Sep 2008, 12:10

I just received the red T3.
Very nice, it's already installed.
and it
Image!!

Thanks for the REM2 upgrade, excellent communication and a damn nice and econmical fix.

Holliday89

Post by Holliday89 » 15 Sep 2008, 12:28

Got my T3 the other day, Install was done in seconds, works incrediable. Well worth the $$$$$.
Get one if you can you will not be disapointed.
Pics soon.

Cyberfly
Global Moderator
custom title: Mens Room Attendant

Post by Cyberfly » 11 Nov 2008, 08:41

Chris announced on the forums when the parts came in and split-lickety I got a box in the mail.
I have to say, you can't imagine just how simple this thing is to put on until you actually get it and the pictures don't do it justice. It literally took seconds to install and the enhancement is just...WOW!
Never confuse 'The will of the Majority' with 'The will of God'.
**This post created with 100% recycled photons!**

JJH

Post by JJH » 19 Nov 2008, 19:05

Just got my green LED REM3 and it works great! Chris is great to work with. Can't wait to shoot with it.

baja

Post by baja » 05 Dec 2008, 13:08

awsome product chris was nice to dael with i got the amber module .chris you should sell these to fn or ringsight.