Elite Ammunition T6B Gel Test

Elite Ammunition, makers of custom 5.7x28 ammunition.

Moderators: panzermk2, panzermk2wife

Buffman
Silver Member

Elite Ammunition T6B Gel Test

Post by Buffman » 03 Jan 2017, 14:36

Velocity, Gel, Armor, and Sheet Metal Test :D

Toaster

Re: Elite Ammunition T6B Gel Test

Post by Toaster » 04 Jan 2017, 14:05

Did you have a Misfire ~1.35?

Seems like the FPS out of the pistol are Quite a bit slower than Advertised....
Like about 500 FPS lower

It is also a little disappointing to see how far it went before creating a wound cavity. And then not fragmenting. Seems like its almost for exclusively for penetrating.

Also I am interested if my ~400 or so brass I bought will have the talked about issues.

Interested in Jay's comments.

Great Video, the sheet metal was good, Id try and get varying thicknesses until it stops.

Buffman
Silver Member

Post by Buffman » 04 Jan 2017, 15:09

Toaster wrote:Did you have a Misfire ~1.35?

Seems like the FPS out of the pistol are Quite a bit slower than Advertised....
Like about 500 FPS lower

It is also a little disappointing to see how far it went before creating a wound cavity. And then not fragmenting. Seems like its almost for exclusively for penetrating.

Also I am interested if my ~400 or so brass I bought will have the talked about issues.

Interested in Jay's comments.

Great Video, the sheet metal was good, Id try and get varying thicknesses until it stops.
nope just didn't get extraction. This may have been limited to a pre-production sample I had. More testing will further help EA figure out what's going on.

Remember T6 used to be 28gr. T6B is 32gr. You'll see they've changed the velocity figures on the web. I was getting very close to advertised especially in the cold.

Always my criticism (constructive of course) of T6B was how to get it to frag every time :D

Toaster

Post by Toaster » 05 Jan 2017, 15:38

I've never ever intended to have any deconstructive criticism.
Curious, and always interested in making things work better for everyone.

Perhaps a smaller post between the fragments could be experimented with until a point is found at which is breaks on firing/reduces penetration, then add a couple .001 and call it good. Also, I believe the rear, or at least center posts should be smaller than the post between segment 1-2..

So they have a 28-32-36gr varieties of the copper trident? I also got my brass from EA as the 07? and it might be a different batch.

Have not had a single FTF/FTE with a reload, maybe I'm more precise than Fiocchi. Hahah. but I have had 197s Double feed/FTE.. So I'm not too sure what that's about. Haven't worked up the special occasion enough to break out the EA brass, I figured I would wait until I got some tridents, or other custom projectiles to show up.. ;)

I just finished the book Pistol Caliber Penetrators, it was neat to see mention of EA in there, and gave me some ideas.

There are so many good options out there to be had with a lathe.

I have been reading and I have been learning. Coming from the car world helps a lot, and it pleases me to see common features between things such as the piston designs and bullet design. Hoping to get a concept going here soon.

Also finally decided my life would be better with a PS90, so I am looking around for one.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Post by blueorison » 05 Jan 2017, 22:11

Yes.

EA has sold multiple weighted pills in the Trident line, in the past. They have made and experimented with even more weights than that.

I've had both ss197 and AE fail in my FsN USG; it doesn't happen often, but when it does, it is a complete failure.

Double feeds and completely failure to cycle my slide, etc.

In my mind it is 100% because that cartridge and many others did not have enough pressure to cycle the gun/inconsistent load.

Don't pay too much for a PS90. I wouldn't pay over a grand for a used one.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

DoubleJ

Post by DoubleJ » 07 Jan 2017, 08:35

I've never really gotten an answer, so I'll ask again. Who is getting attacked by bad guys wearing Kevlar? I get that the 5.7 can punch through some armor, and that's cool, but why do we place so much importance on this? Has anyone here even been in a gunfight? Was the guy wearing armor that shut down your conventional handgun and then he killed you?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you're into some shit with people that wear body armor, then you might be the bad guy, and they might be SWAT. If that's not the case, then you should examine your life choices and relationships, then get a rifle for the house.

If it's just for fun, then cool, I'm down, guns are fun.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Post by blueorison » 07 Jan 2017, 10:23

DoubleJ wrote:I've never really gotten an answer, so I'll ask again. Who is getting attacked by bad guys wearing Kevlar? I get that the 5.7 can punch through some armor, and that's cool, but why do we place so much importance on this? Has anyone here even been in a gunfight? Was the guy wearing armor that shut down your conventional handgun and then he killed you?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you're into some shit with people that wear body armor, then you might be the bad guy, and they might be SWAT. If that's not the case, then you should examine your life choices and relationships, then get a rifle for the house.

Understand, and agree to a great extent.

If it works well in non-armored and armored, then it is an option.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

Toaster

Post by Toaster » 07 Jan 2017, 12:29

I agree.

For me, it is just for fun. I can't think of a legitimate use either. Curiosity, I suppose.

Sometimes I will load one up to shoot through a hard target to see if it goes through. like a PC or fridge..

But I agree, the uses are extremely limited. Which is Why I would like to see some expanding copper bullets!!!!!...
:clap:

DoubleJ

Post by DoubleJ » 07 Jan 2017, 16:30

Ok, I can dig it, fun and curiosity are damned important. Dual purpose, also good, so long as they tumble I'm on board.

Kiran04

Post by Kiran04 » 07 Jan 2017, 17:04

DoubleJ wrote:I've never really gotten an answer, so I'll ask again. Who is getting attacked by bad guys wearing Kevlar? I get that the 5.7 can punch through some armor, and that's cool, but why do we place so much importance on this? Has anyone here even been in a gunfight? Was the guy wearing armor that shut down your conventional handgun and then he killed you?

It's just for the coolsies factor. The 5.7x28 was designed with light armor piercing properties in mind, so if nothing else you can at least say T6B is working as intended. Any bad guys that do show up wearing armor came to party, so if all you have is your trusty FiveSeveN with you then they're probably going to win anyways. Bringing a pistol to a rifle fight is no bueno.