Khar PM40

Discuss the variety of handguns out there.
VeTTeMaNC486

Khar PM40

Post by VeTTeMaNC486 » 07 Sep 2012, 21:52

I bought one of these little guns for my fiance for Christmas a couple of weeks ago. $680 bucks after tax for the stainless slide w/ night sights model.... :facepalm:

Paying that kind of money for such a small gun made me sick... Just a little more I could have had a FiveseveN :(

I shot a mag out of it just because I wanted to. Recoil was stout but no where near what I thought it would be. Did not seem that much more than my PF9. Thats the perk of always shooting stupidly powerful guns I guess, I am never suprised or bothered by recoil :laugh:

Anyone have any experience with these little 40s?

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Re: Khar PM40

Post by blueorison » 08 Sep 2012, 00:37

The guns shoot well; but I don't care for the President and company. Some of you probably know why... haha

They ARE overpriced; but then, that could be argued for Glocks, and everything else. It's funny; you're on the money when you compare such a model of firearm to the FsN price-point. I think most of us who own an FsN always go... "Man.. for a few more I could buy another FsN!" :P)

The one thing I do not like about the design is the floated subframe rails. Because of the physics involved, it should have a consolidated subframe.

Other than that, it works great.

The trigger is one of its shining points. However, I also liked the Keltec sub-sized pistol triggers, and the Ruger sub-sized triggers on their .380, also. And those guns are around $300. Though, on the Kahrs, the trigger guard doesn't slam into your finger on every shot.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

fzr confused

Post by fzr confused » 09 Sep 2012, 07:01

I've shot them, and they are definitely decent and reliable. My only real grief with them is like already stated, the price. Then again I am a "fan" of glocks. Fan as in I like them, not as in fanboi! Get into the sub 500 range and I'd like them more.

Reverend Herc
Platinum Member
custom title: Outstanding!!!

Post by Reverend Herc » 10 Sep 2012, 17:18

My brother has one and he loves it.. I enjoy shooting it.. He has sent a couple thousand rounds down range with it. Be careful on the extended magazines (7 rd) , if you put too much pressing on the extended part while shooting you can cause a jam... In the south florida heat that things is amazing to carry.....
There can only be two.

Oldbindlestiff
Gold Member

Post by Oldbindlestiff » 11 Sep 2012, 07:43

I have the MK9 (stainless) and the K-380. Carried the MK9 when I lived in Florida; no problem with rust. Both pistols are reliable and shoot well. Kahr has managed to produce an industry standard trigger pull weight that is very smooth. I agree with Blue's comments about the polymer frame design, but, it works. They are overpriced (except when you consider what Colt is asking for their pistols). On the plus side, Kahr has been excellent in providing customer service. They do stand with and behind their products.
Karma. Serving up justice one a**hole at a time.

Reverend Herc
Platinum Member
custom title: Outstanding!!!

Post by Reverend Herc » 27 Sep 2012, 18:43

:agree:

Their customer service is one of the best... A few weeks back my brother was offered $100 dollars less than he paid for his khar with over 3000 rds downs the barrel!!!!
There can only be two.