FNP-45 sight change

Discuss the FN Handgun lineup; the High Power, FNP, and FNX line.
boarderboy217

FNP-45 sight change

Post by boarderboy217 » 15 Mar 2012, 12:42

Hello, I have a FNP-45 usg model and am looking to install new sights on it and was wondering if anyone found adjustable sights or should I just go with standard night sights. I'm only worrying about a possible height adjustment if I need one or should they be pretty much engineered to be accurate?

smpsmp

Re: FNP-45 sight change

Post by smpsmp » 16 Mar 2012, 20:33

The standard ameriglo night sights are good to go on it, I haven't seen any adjustable sights yet. They are made by Trijicon, have white rings around the lamps and are really bright in low light (if you haven't had a chance to see them yet). Not sure who else is doing night sights for the FNP series of guns yet besides ameriglo, unless someone else knows on here.

The other option would be to send the slide off to Novak and have them cut it (I would call them first to make sure there is enough room on the slide to do their cuts since the factory FN cuts aren't very deep). Novak is making an adjustable rear tritium sight now, and it is very well made. So you know you would be looking at 140 for the cuts, install, shipping, another 200 for sights (maybe more), and your slide is going to be bare steel at the cuts so if you want it refinished that'll be more. All in all with a refinish, most likely around 400 to 450.

bobapunk
Gold Member
custom title: EA's range buddy

Post by bobapunk » 18 Mar 2012, 06:27

While on this topic; does anyone know if the first item listed here: https://www.ameriglo.net/catalog/sights ... plete-sets" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; will work on the FNP-45 USG? I would like the larger combat sights of the 45Tactical, but I was told that the standard FN sights would not work on a USG.

smpsmp

Post by smpsmp » 19 Mar 2012, 19:31

I believe they should, I never took notice to the dovetail cuts being any different, and couldn't imagine them being different at all. The only difference is the height on them, but they should work.

As far as FNP 9/40 to FNX 9/40 go, I think the cuts are different on those due to the shape of the slide.

shatnerglass

Post by shatnerglass » 07 May 2012, 09:36

bobapunk wrote:While on this topic; does anyone know if the first item listed here: https://www.ameriglo.net/catalog/sights ... plete-sets" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; will work on the FNP-45 USG? I would like the larger combat sights of the 45Tactical, but I was told that the standard FN sights would not work on a USG.
They will. I just ordered some so I can have a nice co-witness through my RMR. Does anyone know if those have Tritium vials?

smpsmp

Post by smpsmp » 07 May 2012, 17:33

They have tritium virals from Trijicon in them.