5.7 Parts question

Discuss the FN Handgun lineup; the High Power, FNP, and FNX line.
Elk-aholic

5.7 Parts question

Post by Elk-aholic » 04 Mar 2012, 11:02

The polymer cover over my slide is showing signs of use, a couple scratches here and there and a couple slide serrations broke off. Can I order a new cover or do I need to send he entire pistol back to the factory for a new one? I notice parts for these handguns aren't easily found online.. Any help/advice would be appreciated. :thumb:

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Re: 5.7 Parts question

Post by Rapier1772 » 04 Mar 2012, 13:46

Signs of wear add character, shows you don't keep it the safe for weekend worship. :laugh:

Elite Ammunition (forum sponsor, banner top center) sells slide covers.
http://www.eliteammunition.net/custom_e ... overs.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Threads about them are all over EA's subforum viewforum.php?f=8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just to the EA link above or to the subforum link & scroll down the list - then click on a few threads to get a look at them.
How to post pics & videos: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6363
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.

fd57

Post by fd57 » 04 Mar 2012, 17:16

You can purchase a slide cover from EA or from FnH service department.

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Post by blueorison » 04 Mar 2012, 17:22

fd57 wrote:You can purchase a slide cover from EA or from FnH service department.
I would highly recommend EA's slide covers. They are very attractive and customize-able with different patterns and colour combinations.

Importantly, two of the few people who just purchased replacement slide covers from FNH's CS after Browning took over were sent completely incorrect slide covers. EA traded them slide covers for no extra cost so they would be able to make their USG slide covers work on their USG platforms.

:facepalm: CS Failure.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

rfd298

Post by rfd298 » 07 Dec 2012, 09:55

Before I found this site, I ordered a Slide cover, Adjustable sights, and a new front sight to convert my Fixed sight to adjustable in May. I just got a shipping confirmation that the parts are on the way. FYI, in case anyone else has ordered similar parts directly from FNH. They are finally shipping. The original ship date was October so my understanding on FNH factory parts is this would be the same as shipping two days late with a normal vendor. Hopefully I get the right parts.

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 07 Dec 2012, 10:09

rfd298 wrote:Before I found this site, I ordered a Slide cover, Adjustable sights, and a new front sight to convert my Fixed sight to adjustable in May. I just got a shipping confirmation that the parts are on the way. FYI, in case anyone else has ordered similar parts directly from FNH. They are finally shipping. The original ship date was October so my understanding on FNH factory parts is this would be the same as shipping two days late with a normal vendor. Hopefully I get the right parts.

And people rip us apart for not delivering stuff overnight.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

fooschnickens
custom title: ~( ̄∇ ̄~) (~ ̄∇ ̄)~

Post by fooschnickens » 08 Dec 2012, 14:35

YOU MEAN YOU DON'T?!?!
http://www.f00tography.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Corporation: n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility.
-Ambrose Bierce