Anyone ever been to Front Sight in Nevada?

Discuss the FN Handgun lineup; the High Power, FNP, and FNX line.
SamFisher

Anyone ever been to Front Sight in Nevada?

Post by SamFisher » 02 Nov 2010, 09:09

I just took the 4 day defensive handgun with the FiveseveN and it rocked. Graduated the course. Very impressed with the gun....only complaint is that the grips were rough on my hands around the 4th day.

Loved Front Sight, any one else go regularly?

SHEEPDOG
Gold Member
custom title: A.K.A. DW

Re: Anyone ever been to Front Sight in Nevada?

Post by SHEEPDOG » 02 Nov 2010, 09:18

I have not been there. I am going to Cunsite for their five day course. This course is a celebration of 1911 Centennial. I have been trying to figure out which grips to take to keep from geting shredded.

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 02 Nov 2010, 09:23

Would love to but its rather expensive isn't it? Thanks for the review though - maybe I can go someday
How to post pics & videos: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6363
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.

SamFisher

Post by SamFisher » 02 Nov 2010, 09:30

Yes, It can be expensive, but you can find good deals on memberships or certificates on ebay to take a class. This is the best gun training I have ever been to. I have take the handgun and the tactical rifle class. Awesome instruction. I have handled guns all of my life and I cant believe what I didnt know.

Vortec MAX
Gold Member

Post by Vortec MAX » 02 Nov 2010, 10:21

They offered a helluva deal a while back for people that attended Glenn Beck's rally. I could have lied and said I went, but I didn't go and I won't lie. (That character flaw also disqualifies me from ever becoming a democrat). I would have taken that deal if I could have though.

Mike

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 02 Nov 2010, 10:33

Vortec MAX wrote:They offered a helluva deal a while back for people that attended Glenn Beck's rally. I could have lied and said I went, but I didn't go and I won't lie. (That character flaw also disqualifies me from ever becoming a democrat). I would have taken that deal if I could have though.
Mike
Doesn't that disqualify you from being a politician all together?
How to post pics & videos: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6363
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.

PainKillaX

Post by PainKillaX » 02 Nov 2010, 12:00

Rapier1772 wrote:
Vortec MAX wrote:They offered a helluva deal a while back for people that attended Glenn Beck's rally. I could have lied and said I went, but I didn't go and I won't lie. (That character flaw also disqualifies me from ever becoming a democrat). I would have taken that deal if I could have though.
Mike
Doesn't that disqualify you from being a politician all together?
Which is why our government is a mess :laugh:
SamFisher wrote:only complaint is that the grips were rough on my hands around the 4th day.
I slapped a Hogue Handall on mine. It's a real pain to get on, and between the palm swells and finger grooves it will feel a bit bigger in your hand, but I like it. I also hear the Pachmayr grips will fit (#1 and #2) although I haven't tried it. Might want to check them out, I know it's much easier on the hands.

User42

Post by User42 » 08 Nov 2010, 00:12

Ditto on the Hogue, makes it much more comfortable to hold. My girlfriend has smaller hands and preferred it without the handall, but damnit it's my gun. For now anyways :ponder:
If a man dedicates his life to good deeds and the welfare of others, He will die unthanked and unremembered. If he exercises his genius bringing death and misery to billions, his name will echo down through the millennia for a hundred lifetimes.

NLVMike

Post by NLVMike » 08 Nov 2010, 06:02

Search for a certificate for sale on ebay and you can find a great deal. The training is excellent. As far as the grip, that is easy, use an IOM. That new rough grip never made any sense to me.