Magazineparts.com

Discuss rifles chambered for the 5.7x28mm; P90, PS90, and AR57.
iflybye

Magazineparts.com

Post by iflybye » 12 May 2009, 12:58

Looks like they are out of buisness.
They are taking money but not shipping orders.
They took my money 45 days ago.

iflybye

Re: Magazineparts.com

Post by iflybye » 12 May 2009, 21:47

Busy is busy.
Ripping me off is another story altogether.
45 days with no response to emails.
I have called the number a couple dozen times.
Now there is no message greeting at all on the number.
I will share my experience on any board that has a member that would potentially buy from them.

Captain Crunch

Post by Captain Crunch » 13 May 2009, 23:00

Why would you post on a FN 5.7x28 forum about a business that specializes in FN/PS90 products taking your money and not delivering? We don't want to know about this stuff! Sheesh! Must be a troll. :evil:

blueorison
Competition/Training Mod
custom title: UT/EA Pistol Captain

Post by blueorison » 14 May 2009, 01:23

iflybye

it looks like you'll probably continue doing so if you continue disregarding the mods.
Thanks for warning others about your experience; but if you just signed up to troll, this forum is not one of those loosely managed ones. :wall:

I think one of the key factors is how you stated your point/warning. Stating it as a fact rather than a question to others regarding their own current experiences with the dealer especially after notified that he is still in business does nothing to help others; it merely signifies your discontent.

Take a breath, we've all been there before. And welcome to the forums, there's good bunch of experienced professionals here that can help you if you're willing to learn. I know I am. :patriot:
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.
The shooter will always matter more than the gear ever will.
Stop relying on others to do the work for you.
Shoot more, worry less.

iCeMaN

Post by iCeMaN » 15 May 2009, 23:33

I bought from Magparts a while ago but it seems like a lot of people are having issues. Sorry to hear about your trouble.

briremo

Post by briremo » 17 May 2009, 18:30

iflybye, dont let these guys get you down. your OP didnt sound like a swipe, more of a warning. for me it came too late. I sent an order into them and they took the money and never responded. a pox on those bastards. and as far as you other guys stomping on ifly about posting here, where else are you gonna warn people. I paid them over $200 beans for parts and they ignored me too. I say good on ya ifly!
Last edited by f3rr37 on 18 May 2009, 08:16, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please only use colored text for emphasis, not your entire post.

5Jeffro7

Post by 5Jeffro7 » 18 May 2009, 12:59

bri's post makes me wonder......

Ifly=brir???????

f3rr37
Site Admin

Post by f3rr37 » 18 May 2009, 13:04

5Jeffro7 wrote:bri's post makes me wonder......

Ifly=brir???????
Nope, one is in FL and one is in WA.

MrSlippyFist
Global Moderator
custom title: Sweeper

Post by MrSlippyFist » 18 May 2009, 13:07

Just to reiterate a factoid that a few individuals seem to be ignoring - the company in question has no affiliation with this forum and it is not likely that any entity associated with them will read any content from this thread.
Embrace the Suck

gw45acp
Gold Member

Post by gw45acp » 18 May 2009, 15:16

I don't have a problem with someone warning me about poor customer service regardless of whether they are or are not a sponsor of this forum. I do take issue with making unfounded claims such as asserting that someone is out of business when in fact they aren't.

Post the facts and ask if anyone else has experienced similar issues with a particular company. That will actually serve a purpose and may even help resolve your issue.
"How the Hell did I get here?"

Tripletap

Post by Tripletap » 18 May 2009, 18:32

I've had 3 separate orders with them this year. One in Feb. and two in March. They are just busy as crap. I received both March orders a month ago and just received a shipping e-mail two days ago for the February one. Everyone is backordered and busy. You can thank our anti-gun "Dear Leader" for this mess. Just order what you want and wait a few months.

briremo

Post by briremo » 22 May 2009, 18:56

Tripletap wrote:I've had 3 separate orders with them this year. One in Feb. and two in March. They are just busy as crap. I received both March orders a month ago and just received a shipping e-mail two days ago for the February one. Everyone is backordered and busy. You can thank our anti-gun "Dear Leader" for this mess. Just order what you want and wait a few months.
Ha, no doubt man. Local gun dealer in our area is selling PS90's for over $2k now, where my wife got mine for me (anniversary gift) for under $1200 a year and a half ago.

This thread made me dig out my old CC statement and re-address this issue. I emailed them a copy of the statement and asked 'where's my stuff?' That was a few days ago. No response. You telling me the owner doesn't get the emails? BS.
Think I'll order another part for the P22 and see what happens.

DarkWater

Post by DarkWater » 23 May 2009, 06:43

i can understand being very busy, but if an order is taken and has been paid for, there shoudl be some kind of communication at least giving an estimate when the order may arrive. I know this can be difficult at times (very busy, lots of orders, small staff), but I do think it's is important to keep customers informed. :?: Now, if money doesn't get charged until parts are in and ready to ship, I would think it's anotehr story. I know magparts aren't a sponsor anymore and the original post could have been a lot better, but I do agree with the general issue (then agan haveing been around this forum for the time i have, I would be careful ordering from them to begin with). Looking at EA on the other hand, we know there is a massive backlog, but look at the communciations they provide to customers and folks jsut browsing the forum about status of orders and general availability of products and I don't think they have tons of spare time.
The 5.7 community isn't that huge and folks selling parts to them -should- try their best to keep customers informed about what's up and I woudl think posting some updates to this forum (and maybe the other one), would actually be less work than trying to send a note to every single customer that's waiting on parts....
anyways, just my 2 cents.

nickg4ia

Post by nickg4ia » 15 Feb 2010, 17:48

I am dealing with the same thing with this company i am calling my bank to stop charges and contacting my state ag office its only been 2 weeks i spent about 500 withis co i cant understand how a company like that could go outta biz with seem good products like that

bravo619
custom title: Concrete Jungle

Post by bravo619 » 28 Feb 2010, 17:55

Captain Crunch wrote:Why would you post on a FN 5.7x28 forum about a business that specializes in FN/PS90 products taking your money and not delivering? We don't want to know about this stuff! Sheesh! Must be a troll. :evil:
coming from someone with 14 posts you don't have much to say, your most likely the troll :lmao:

bravo619

Post by bravo619 » 28 Feb 2010, 18:01

hell m,hammer of magparts cant even pay for his sponsership of another un named forum and is getting sued for it! lol i'm never buying from a company that reponds to emails like he did theres. total azzhat. heres just the first of many emails he sent to the other forum whom i'm sure alot of people here are members.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a quote from one Mike Hammer, owner and proprietor of Magazineparts.com

"I'm not the businessman to Frack with. If you want your <profanity>, you'll wait for it, and if you bug me, I'll never send it to you. You can go through your CC and try to contest it, but because we generate a shipping label when the order comes in, we've had zero chargebacks because the CC company can't prove we didn't ship."

murphies_finest
custom title: King Thread Killer.

Post by murphies_finest » 01 Mar 2010, 06:47

I never had issue with magparts i got my stuff in a timely manner last year and he sent me extra because i was waiting on back order.
Keep Working Millions on Welfare Depend on YOU.

bravo619

Post by bravo619 » 01 Mar 2010, 07:07

yeah hes probly not bad person, just don't think i'd want to do biz there from what he's shown in the eyes of a bunch of people. as far as thread locking, i guess the proof hurts :laugh:

bravo619

Post by bravo619 » 01 Mar 2010, 10:18

yeah whatever dad, dont take it so personal, maybee people need and want to know the possibilities before they deal with someone. get off your high horse you ain't nothin! :p

f3rr37
Site Admin

Post by f3rr37 » 01 Mar 2010, 10:33

k guys, that's enough (specifically bravo619).

bravo619

Post by bravo619 » 01 Mar 2010, 12:15

no problem here bro, satellit just seems to have his issues with anyone who doesn't think like he does :?:

bravo619

Post by bravo619 » 01 Mar 2010, 12:59

let it go. i'm over it. cant we all just get along? :?:

toyslr

Post by toyslr » 01 Mar 2010, 13:43

I don't see a problem with the warning. There are ALOT of people on the "other" forum that have had issues.
But I also think that some of those issues belong with the leaders of the forum also.
Magparts apparently is EXTREMLY busy or just doens't care. Either way I am not sending my $$ to them to
risk it

bravo619

Post by bravo619 » 01 Mar 2010, 13:48

i'm totaly with you toysir just seems that some aren't :?: and cant keep it to thereselves.

gw45acp
Gold Member

Post by gw45acp » 01 Mar 2010, 13:56

bravo619 wrote:i'm totaly with you toysir just seems that some aren't :?: and cant keep it to thereselves.
What's wrong with you bravo? The site admin warns you and you still take a poke at a respected member of the forum. Be constructive, contribute something useful or go away.
"How the Hell did I get here?"

MrSlippyFist
Global Moderator
custom title: Sweeper

Post by MrSlippyFist » 01 Mar 2010, 13:58

gw45acp wrote:What's wrong with you bravo? The site admin warns you and you still take a poke at a respected member of the forum. Be constructive, contribute something useful or go away.
+1
Embrace the Suck

murphies_finest

Post by murphies_finest » 01 Mar 2010, 14:10

gw45acp wrote:
bravo619 wrote:i'm totaly with you toysir just seems that some aren't :?: and cant keep it to thereselves.
What's wrong with you bravo? The site admin warns you and you still take a poke at a respected member of the forum. Be constructive, contribute something useful or go away.

+ eleventy brazillion

Cyberfly
Global Moderator
custom title: Mens Room Attendant

Post by Cyberfly » 01 Mar 2010, 14:14

Sounds like constructive criticism to me.
I'd consider it if I were you.
Never confuse 'The will of the Majority' with 'The will of God'.
**This post created with 100% recycled photons!**

freelienr

Post by freelienr » 01 Mar 2010, 17:13

hm.. reminds me of myself (i'm the second eldest out of 4 kids). Man could i push my older brothers buttons! I'm surprised i didn't get the living sh!* beaten out of me. I got to hide behind my parents rules of "no beating the living sh!* out of siblings" rule (in so many words).

Fenian_Bastard_88

Post by Fenian_Bastard_88 » 01 Mar 2010, 17:40

I ordered from them a month ago. Emailed them two weeks ago. No communication from their end. Apparently Mike Hammer is no longer CEO. I think the entire business is under new management. After placing my order, I found only poor reviews of their services. Products are supposedly excellent, but Mike is/was an apparent swindler. Another 5.7 forum has an entire forum on magazineparts.com complaints and experiences. So, if you are considering buying from magazineparts.com at this moment, heed my warning and DO NOT.

bravo619

Post by bravo619 » 01 Mar 2010, 17:56

exactly what i was trying to get across bro. :agree:

freelienr

Post by freelienr » 01 Mar 2010, 18:50

Last year i ordered a side rail from MP, got it prompt and it's excellent. However it has been noted that it has been recent orders that are having issues.

The point of friction is here seems to be a disagreement of who is to blame. It seems some are having a problem with a business and they are directing their displeasure towards the business, but there are others with the same issues that are attacking a person and slinging mud on that persons name.

Please, tell people if you think a certain business isn't good to buy from (especially online) but be careful when you go after a person. Yes there are people that are swindlers and scammers, and they start multiple lines of fraud and it is important to tell people to stay clear of a person then.
From what I have read here though, it seems more like a single business and it's not able to fulfill orders. Unfortunately it also sounds like this inability is not being handled properly, but this is still a single business with problems, not a single person who is behind multiple business "fronts".

Take care and caution before you slander someones name. "a good name is more valuable than riches" A good name is also much harder to regain than material valuables.

It is also through your actions and words here that you are building a name for yourself, so type softly and don't push and nip at people, unless you want to build a bad name, which is very hard to work your way out of.

pdfromwv

Post by pdfromwv » 03 Mar 2010, 08:36

Thanks to this forum, I was cautious about ordering from mag parts. But to be fair I tried e-mailing them just to see if I got a reply before I sent in an order. At the same time I e-mailed promotedpawn to see what their response would be.

Mag parts never responded, promoted got right back.

The order went to promotedpawn and they delivered as promised.

Never a bad idea to contact a business first if you're unfamiliar with it.
Peace through Superior Firepower

bravo619

Post by bravo619 » 03 Mar 2010, 10:44

yep! :agree:

toyslr

Post by toyslr » 03 Mar 2010, 10:52

I think the big thing here is to let our forum brethern know of potential issues with companies.
Not to bad mouth a specific person. Just because he may have issues in business, he may not be
a bad person.

Fenian_Bastard_88

Post by Fenian_Bastard_88 » 03 Mar 2010, 12:43

Promoted pawn is an awesome business! Very fast shipping and great products. I would definitely recommend checking them out if anyone hasn't.

ridesdirt

Post by ridesdirt » 03 Mar 2010, 12:44

I ordered from them, magparts, a couple years ago and received good service. I have spoken to Mike on the phone and he was very polite and informative. I actually called him about the quad rail handguard. He said he had a couple in his personal stash and would, but didn't want to sell me one. I didn't push the issue and just ordered up other items. I looked at their website and found this;

Recent News and Updates
Normal Business has Resumed - 18-FEB-2010

We just went through a massive reconfiguration of almost everything over the past couple weeks. We will be contacting all customers directly by Monday. Normal ordering and shipping will be back up by Monday Feb-22. Please use discount code 24456 to Save 15% off your entire order during this month!

I believe in "do unto others as they have done unto you". Magparts has never done anything bad to me, so I can say nothing bad. But from others cautions, do your research and make you own decisions.

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 03 Mar 2010, 12:57

I ordered from Magparts a couple of times. The first time it took almost a month for my order to get to me (26 days if I remember right) but it was postmarked the day after I placed the order so it was USPS' fault, not Mike's.

However, I did try to contact him during this time to verify the order was actually shipped (USPS never updates the status until it actually delivered) and never got a call or email back.

So - communication sucked but Mike did do his job as far as filling the order & getting it out. He offered to try to make up for it on the next order but it wasn't worth the hassle of reminding him :D

Second time was just a brass catcher & I had no problems at all with the order or shipping.
How to post pics & videos: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6363
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.

rmerrell

Post by rmerrell » 06 Apr 2010, 15:36

I ordered from them and it I got half moy order then three months later i got the rest.. Its called back order and when its few guys and couple of machines making parts for thousands of people what do you expect..?? I use to customize cars I would get so far behind on work because of the detail I'd put into it that I would never answer the phone, take me few weeks to respond to emails.. but thats my story...

bravo619

Post by bravo619 » 12 Apr 2010, 20:05

whatever dude

murphies_finest

Post by murphies_finest » 13 Apr 2010, 05:15

bravo619 wrote:whatever dude

LULZ

Outlaw54

ATTENTION - PART SUPPLIER FOR 5-7 & PS90

Post by Outlaw54 » 11 Aug 2011, 13:35

ATTENTION: If you own a FN 5-7 or PS90, do not do business with this company. They cashed my check for mag springs in May and have not sent, responded to emails or answered their phone. I have tried them every day!!!!!!!!

http://www.magazineparts.com/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Rapier1772 on 11 Aug 2011, 17:11, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: caps lock

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 11 Aug 2011, 17:15

Outlaw, I deleted your other thread with the identical post and moved the other to this thread. Please only one post per subject.
I realize getting ripped off is important to you, and to us as well, but caps lock is considered rude. A word or two is fine but not the whole post.

M1P90
Forum Supporter

Post by M1P90 » 16 Aug 2011, 04:35

:wall: They still owe me $600.00 for the REM T3s I sent them LAST YEAR! I sent them e-mails and letters with no response. Their phone numbers don't work either. I have repeatedly asked them to remove my REM T3s from their website but nothing has changed.
Live and Learn. :(

PEACE THROUGH STRENGTH
http://www.M1bullpup.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jwalsh512

Post by Jwalsh512 » 27 Oct 2011, 15:25

I just tried to buy there 424.95 quad rail system. I am assuming they are out of business becouse luckly i sent my casheirs check fedex so i could track it. since they only accept orders via mailed in payments. My payment reached them on the 19th and on the 27th i got a call from fedex saying the person at
11750 1st Street East, #3 ,Treasure Island, FL 33706. ( the address on there order form that they tell you to sent money to) returned the package saying that magazineparts was not at that address. also the phone number 678.528.7749 (that is also on there order form) is a nice old ladys house that she says they get calls there all the time for magazineparts.com and she dose not even know why. I told her that her number is on there web site. also the 1.888.MagParts (624.7278) also on there site is not even in service. I am really glad my 424.95 did not make it to them becouse i think they are just a scam.

With all that said dose anyone know somewhere else i can buy a quad rail system for my ps90?

sudas

Post by sudas » 30 Dec 2011, 11:32

Lucky you. :thumb:

Here is a another forum talking about the same guy doing the same thing to people in another hobby 6 years ago.

http://rc.runryder.com/helicopter/t215529p1/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

panzermk2
Forum Supporter

Post by panzermk2 » 30 Dec 2011, 22:17

Jwalsh512 wrote:I just tried to buy there 424.95 quad rail system. I am assuming they are out of business becouse luckly i sent my casheirs check fedex so i could track it. since they only accept orders via mailed in payments. My payment reached them on the 19th and on the 27th i got a call from fedex saying the person at
11750 1st Street East, #3 ,Treasure Island, FL 33706. ( the address on there order form that they tell you to sent money to) returned the package saying that magazineparts was not at that address. also the phone number 678.528.7749 (that is also on there order form) is a nice old ladys house that she says they get calls there all the time for magazineparts.com and she dose not even know why. I told her that her number is on there web site. also the 1.888.MagParts (624.7278) also on there site is not even in service. I am really glad my 424.95 did not make it to them becouse i think they are just a scam.

With all that said dose anyone know somewhere else i can buy a quad rail system for my ps90?

I have the cad files ready to go but no resources that I can spare to out them into production.
Jay Wolf
Pr. Elite Ammunition

"Engineers, the oompa-loompas of science!"

Be'ein Tachbulot Yipol Am Veteshua Berov Yoetz

M1P90
Forum Supporter

Post by M1P90 » 03 Jan 2012, 05:03

Here is a new Quadrail by MPFTech you might be interested in. :cya:
http://mpftech.4gunlovers.com/index1.html?240.html&1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PEACE THROUGH STRENGTH
http://www.M1bullpup.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sudas

Post by sudas » 06 Jan 2012, 14:36

His website no longer works, been a few days now. :clap:

Rapier1772
Global Moderator

Post by Rapier1772 » 06 Jan 2012, 14:53

Yippee! Soon, no more updates to this thread then :p :laugh: